Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Human Poo....
    #1195382 - 01/06/03 05:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Some recent posts on human poo have got me going. I have long been looking into this issue not for shroom growing purposes but for the fact that we as a culture are wasting preciouse comodities like water and topsoil at rates which are stupid. Asian cultures use their shit and are still farming the same land they have been farming for 1,000 years and the land is BETTER than when they took hold of it as opposed to American PHECOPHOBIC teks that are just wasting the soil. Americans are PHECOPHOBES and I intend on exposing this here and now. You cannot grow shrooms on FRESH human shit but who knows about COMPOSTED human shit. I have not tried this as I am afraid that the "authorities" might try to take my children from me but I promise here and now that I will, and soon, as the BS that is currently happening in our country is much more of an issue than the HS (human shit) I cultivate can ever be. This is a HUGE issue that affects us DAILY. Please follow the link.....(something must me said for a guy who put's a book online for free eh???)

http://www.weblife.org/humanure/default.html

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Human Poo.... [Re: upupup]
    #1195485 - 01/06/03 06:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I agree w/ your sentiments but not w/ your idea of composted human shit for growing shrooms. Part of being efficient is using materials wisely. I don't think that using your shit to grow mushrooms would be wise or efficient.

Again, I think your sentiment is an excellent one.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #1195555 - 01/06/03 06:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

1)COMPOST COMPLETLY

2)adjust Ph with lime

3)As I have said in several post I DO know a fellow(wacko :crazy:) who uses the compost from his Biolet in a straw tek

4)nobody will touch his shrooms :tongue:

5)As has been stated Psilocybes inhabit the grassy soil enriched by the dung of ruminant herbivores

6)Explain the need/significance/justification for going to the trouble of COMPLETELY COMPOSTING your feces in order to create a substandard medium(even composted human feces are very rich in nutrients and will contaminate easier than the "feces species" in which it has evolved to grow in

7)humans are at the top of the food chain and our society daily exposes us to myriad toxins and chemicals from the disinfectants used in public places to the toxins in the air and on and on.Why would the waste product of such contaminated animals be prefered over any other?

8)Not that I am paticularly averse to the whole notion of the utility of human waste(we grow the best watermelon in the area on our leach feild) why the human corprophilic defensive posture?

9)there are more fecal experts here than in a proctology clinic so fecophobia is nonsense.

10)why do vegans hate those of us whose metabolism demands meat(O+ blood types typicly)

11) Is it really true a vegan's shit don't stink?

Kudos to the man who brings us turd tek let him reign as king of the shit heap :grin:
PS this was presented without rancor and with toungue in cheek,not to offend! :wink:  WR 

--------------------
To old for this place

Offlineupupup
guardian

Re: Human Poo.... [Re: whiterasta]
    #1195670 - 01/06/03 07:08 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

1- Right on
2- Exactly
3-I am not talking about composing toilets, I am talking (that being the main word here as I have not tried it) about thermophilic composting.
4- too bad for them, what happens when he/she does?
5- Ruminanents just pass more massive solids. This is not to say they don't have any more pathogens...
6- I don't see it as trouble as much as I see the complete waste of our "wastes" down the can with completly pure water at the expense or our topsoils. The solution to pulution is not dilution as they would have you beilve. this is only a short term solution. Read the link....
7- You would need to lead a ralatively clean life but the THERMOPHILIC aspect to this is the key.....
8- HUH?
9- I don't belive phecophobia is nonsence, we come from Europeons (at least most of us) and they had a HELL of a time with thier pooop for a long time that caused myriads of plagues because they dealt with it in the wrong way. If your ancesterors lived through that then you probably are a pheocphobe and just don't know it....
10- I am not a vegan and can't answer that. I raise orgaic meat for some of my living....
11- Again, I don't know but I doubt it. Where I come from in Montana vegans die.....

PS- Your one of the best posters out there. I respect your questions and insight.....

--------------------

OfflinejohnH
homeskillet

Loc: some where in america
    #1195672 - 01/06/03 07:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

intresting........i was also contimplating the HS cultivation idea

--------------------
Im not a good speller i know .when you've done
as many drugs as me and you get as burt out as
me....you just get to lazy to use the spellcheck.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Re: Human Poo.... [Re: Joshua]
    #1195675 - 01/06/03 07:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Could you have replied to my post and not studied the link? So unlike you. I respect your posts also, but please at least skim the material.....

--------------------

Offlineupupup
guardian

Re: Human Poo.... [Re: johnH]
    #1195696 - 01/06/03 07:20 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The biggest problem to this whole deal is the fact that the government will tell you what you can do and cannot do with what comes out of your body......

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #1196504 - 01/07/03 03:10 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

must we all forget the fact that the nutrient levels of HS are almost definately nowhere near optimum for psilocybian mushrooms? this is compounded when you consider animal fats, oils, preservatives, etc.
you could probably use composted dung from anything, with proper supplementation, and acheive a substrate that will harbor mushrooms, but i realy doubt, in this case, that it would ever be practical.

if eficiency is the aim, there are much more practical uses for such a resource (production of a viable and renewable energy source that can be utilized in many degres of refinement?)

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (01/07/03 03:13 AM)

Offlineupupup
guardian

Re: Human Poo.... [Re: canid]
    #1198297 - 01/07/03 04:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You didn't check out that link at all did you?  :confused:

--------------------

Offlinecalishroomer
Looking For Lunatic In TheGrass!

#1202834 - 01/09/03 04:18 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Some recent posts on human poo have got me going. I have long been looking into this issue not for shroom growing purposes but for the fact that we as a culture are wasting preciouse comodities like water and topsoil at rates which are stupid. Asian cultures use their shit and are still farming the same land they have been farming for 1,000 years and the land is BETTER than when they took hold of it as opposed to American PHECOPHOBIC teks that are just wasting the soil. Americans are PHECOPHOBES and I intend on exposing this here and now. You cannot grow shrooms on FRESH human shit but who knows about COMPOSTED human shit. I have not tried this as I am afraid that the "authorities" might try to take my children from me but I promise here and now that I will, and soon, as the BS that is currently happening in our country is much more of an issue than the HS (human shit) I cultivate can ever be. This is a HUGE issue that affects us DAILY. Please follow the link.....(something must me said for a guy who put's a book online for free eh???)

http://www.weblife.org/humanure/default.html

sorry,but i dont think i could even begin to think about eating something that was grown in my shit. i mean, my kids had to have there own bathroom cause they couldnt stand going in there in the am........THE ODOR FROM MINE KILLS STUFF.

--------------------
"The Lunatic Is In The Grass!!"

OfflineBavet
Sensitive StonedRebel

Re: Human Poo.... [Re: calishroomer]
    #1202983 - 01/09/03 05:47 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Where i live They take the liquid side of the holding tanks and they spray it on to crop fields and its legal but it's illegal to drain u'r own liquid side of the tank into u'r own field. PPl still do it anyway. The grass dose grow much bigger and greener in that area. Never seen shrooms growing there tho.

--------------------
"~Dream as if you'll live forever....live as if you'll die today~ James Dean"

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #1203008 - 01/09/03 06:07 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

does this thread belong in the hunting forum ?

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: Human Poo.... [Re: deanofmean]
    #1203155 - 01/09/03 06:59 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

it was an accidental move by myself, It should have gone to the Mushroom Cultivation forum. I can't move it from here, though.. so a mod from this forum will have to do it.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Re: Human Poo.... [Re: Raadt]
    #1203374 - 01/09/03 08:26 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

OK, as my first official moderator type act, I'll try and move it to Cultivation.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation