Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC
    #11949589 - 02/02/10 05:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My last trip really scared me, to say the least. This will probably be long, but I really feel I have to say this piece. For me of course, but maybe I will find I'm not the only one.

Now a bit of a background: I'm usually not a happy person. I'm trying to find ways to be, but in this world, especially with all its turmoil and aguish, it's hard to stick to something that makes me happy. I have attempted suicide, I guess you can say. I drank a bottle of Ketel One and had 6+ shots of Patron in a night. For a 145 pound man, this is a lot.

I've learned how to appreciate simplicity, while also knowing that this reality as we perceive it is far from "simple." I refuse to believe that after you die that's it... I feel there is meaning to life and meaning to experience, and life is meant for learning. Not learning how to compute
2+2 or bullshit like that, but learning in a different way. I guess I'm not great at explaining what I mean, but maybe that's the problem. If you asked me why I trip, I would say to learn more about my "self," God, basically whatever it would show me. Ask yourself that question and what do you come up with? I feel that in these altered states, we go beyond normal perception to gain insight from another perspective. Simply telling someone something doesn't make it true to them, but by having them EXPERIENCE it first-hand, there IS a possibility to create a belief system beyond the normal religious systems in place.

I've always believed in God. I didn't know how it was so. How in a world so shitty, there was a God. Psychedelics opened a door to the collective consciousness, and even gave me a glimpse at my own subconscious; allowing me to not only realize something that has been bothering me, but realize WHY it was bothering and options to fight against it.

For comfort reasons, I'll tell the story from a third person perspective.

Today was the day... the day he would try DMT and salvia combined (he tried once before, but this dose was much larger than the last). His sister was going to trip sit him while he journeyed.

One problem he always had was coming up with an "intention" for entering an Altered state of Consciousness because, "I want to learn" seems much to vague and simple of an intention, at least for his liking. His whole life he had strived to try to find happiness; moments of happiness came and went, but never stuck in the way that it may for some of you.

He's not a novice tripper. Prior to this I've been on over 100 consciousness journeys to help better understand the "unknown" aspect of life, for the "unknown" is what most people fear the most, him included. He's a different type of guy, though. One that is very "balls to the wall."

He picked up the pipe, gave his sister a big hug and said "I love you" before summoning the flame from his trusty Bic lighter. During inhalation, weird thoughts began to surface and he knew that he should keep his thoughts/intentions POSITIVE for the duration, lest he would fall victim to another negative journey. He worried he might end up schizophrenic on trips before, but the day after the journey he would see how silly it was (because he would be back to normal in due time).

All of his salvia breakthroughs (save one) were very frightening to him at the time, but by allowing himself to analyze the experiences he gained information that he felt allowed him to better understand how a God figure would/could exist.

He raised to pipe to his mouth, took a few deep breaths and went for it. The first thought that came to his mind was "Never turn your back on a drug." He's not sure why the hell that thought would be there, but he said, in his mind, "I won't, I'm here to learn. I come with love and gratitude."

Within 30 seconds, he stood up, unable to realize what was going on. He fought the effects for the majority of the experience. THere was something about this "place" he visited that gave him the creeps, and with all these trips under his belt, even various salvia and dmt experiences, he felt he could at least be in "control" enough to stay put and sit down.

His reason for standing was because of his fear of what was happening. He was hurled through dimensions and wormholes and felt like he was being operated on. His first instinct was to fight it full force, and he felt this was best accomplished by NOT closing his eyes and standing up. But there enlies the problem.

You really can't turn your back on a drug. He tried so hard to not "Feel" what he was feeling, but it was no use, he was on his journey. He felt like "oh shit, this is it, I'm going to end up in a psych ward with all the other psychedelic-induced psychosis people.

Sadly, this is not the first time he had such delusional thoughts while tripping on a substance.

Even though he kept his eyes closed for a mere 30 seconds in the experience, it was long enough for him to infer a few things about the entities he was meeting.

They were controlling him. They were in CONTROL of him. They wanted him to calm down, but calm was a word that made no sense at the moment. The work they were doing seemed "evil" in nature; they were probing, analyzing, and doing all sorts of weird things to him, but it began to frighten him a lot.

He felt like the place he visited WAS a psych ward and they didn't want me to know certain things, so they did the work on him so he wasn't allowed to know them and never could. He felt as if this whole world was against him, plotting evil things, making him believe in this "consensus reality" as the one true reality so that they may control his soul for eternity.

"Am I going to be ok?" he would ask his sister, to which she replied "yes, you will." But he couldn't believe her. How could he? She didn't understand what the psychedelic experience was all about. She then grabbed him because he was moving around the room frantically, and this really started to scare him. "This is real reality" she told him as she grabbed his hand and made him touch his dog's head. Come to think of it, she was a horrible candidate for a trip sitter, but he was glad she was there, because there's no telling what would have ended up happening if she wasn't.

"She's a part of it" he would repeat. He assumed she was one of the entities trying to manipulate perception so they could gain most from it.

"Where's God in all this?!" He literally cried out while laying in the fetal position. "I just want to be happy and be normal, I don't want to feel like this anymore."

"We just want what's best for you, Joe" when she said that, he assumed the "we" was the evil entities so he began to lose faith in his sister as a sister, he thought she was of alien descent.

After 5 minutes, the hallucinating stopped, the delusions stopped, but his mind was ravaged. He felt "mind-raped" in a sense. He began sobbing uncontrollably. He would talk to his sister as if everything was ok (by this I mean he was back to being sober) but then in his mind he would recollect what just happened and begin crying again. This went on for some time (~30 minutes).

He wonders if he had just sat there with his eyes closed if he would be able to take more from the experience, and he probably would, but he has no idea what this shows him.

He feels like it's his depressive self that he was in combat with during this experience. He finally realizes that he's NOT as happy as the thought he was, and that he can't keep doing these substances by coming up with positive thoughts prior to the experience. (Usually I would spend 30 minutes keeping myself positive simply so I have a good experience. This worked well for DMT in the past, and salvia on that one trip that felt right all a long).

He has anxiety and depressive issues.

Enough of the third-person shit, the story's over.

I've had a few select marijuana sessions where I would begin thinking something, and then all of a sudden the thought would turn negative. "I really love life..." "Do I really? I don't, I'm just lying to myself."
"I'm happy at the moment." "I'm not happy though because of x, x, x) and I would start to look at what's been bothering me in my life.

Schooling is usually the spot that fills the "x."

Schooling is my biggest problem. I've been taking classes for a chemistry major since I was a freshman; I'm not a sophomore and I no longer want to be a chemistry major. One major I can turn to is physics and I'm taking the FIRST physics class at my school but it's quite difficult and I really don't see myself doing this the rest of my life. I feel like I'm wasting my parents' money because they want me to succeed but I don't know what I want to succeed at yet. I'm still trying to figure it out but there's not much time to figure it out when schooling goes so fast. I have to decide what classes I want for next semester THIS semester, but what if I don't know what I want to do? Not much room for analyzation since I spend a lot of time doing homework. My family wants to take me out of school because I'm always so stressed out about it.

I question myself wayyyy too much as you can see.

I figured maybe I am somewhat schizophrenic. There are only two possibilities here... one is that I am beginning to show early stages of schizophrenia, the other is that my anxiety is SO fucked up that I literally create these negative emotions to make me believe I'm schizophrenic.

I know there is beauty in these substances, yet I also know some people just shouldn't use them.

But this is all I know for spirituality. Meditation comes difficult for me.

I know I rambled. I know what most of you will say, but honestly I'd rather at least TRY this method until it kills me rather than be unhappy all the time. These are the only things that showed me how I can believe in a God, so I don't know if I would consider stopping forever.

It's not as simple as switching it on or off. At least not for me. Happiness, at least the one I like to think exists, is something that comes from WITHIN. I just don't know how to stay happy long enough.

EDIT: the whole time during the trip I felt like a schizo. I was unable to control myself or my emotions. Even after the trip I was crying a lot because of the feeling I was fighting. I remembered the feeling. I wanted to rip my skin off it was so bad.

Happy trails all.

Edited by Angel_Above (02/02/10 05:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: Angel_Above]
    #11949808 - 02/02/10 06:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds intense. Meeting intense anxiety on trips is a pretty similar story for me, tripping certaintly wasn't what I thought it was about. I can't really give you that much in the way of reccomendations. All I can say is how I feel... You bought the ticket, now take the ride but gently does it.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: Angel_Above]
    #11949865 - 02/02/10 06:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like you did DMT when you shouldn't have.  Happens to lots of people eventually...you don't get the signal to slow down on the drugs until you've taken it too far. 

You probably threw yourself for a real loop.  I'd advise taking a long time off drugs and integrating your experiences. Get some brutal introspection goin on and try to locate the sources of your anxiety. Basically, you might have uncovered some bad tendencies in yourself, so now it's up to you to lead the best life you can lead and reprogram your brain in a healthy way.  It's very possible, I've done it, many of my friends have done it. If you're successful, you'll be so much better for it than if you'd never tripped.  What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.:rainbowcloud:

Meditation would be a good practice to pick up right about now, even if you aren't good at it, if you do it every day eventually you will start to see results and it can have a truly powerful effect on your life (speaking from experience)

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: Grapefruit]
    #11949934 - 02/02/10 06:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

First off, you're not a schizophrenic. It's just anxiety.
http://www.anxietycare.org.uk/docs/fear_of_schizophrenia.asp

I just went through a couple of weeks where I truly believed I was a schizophrenic, it was just my anxiety though.

Quit drugs for a substantial amount of time and MEDITATE. There are plenty of ways to meditate besides simply closing your eyes and blocking out your thought.

Involve yourself in activities that requrie your full concentration.

Go for walks, go on hikes, go play laser tag. DO WHATEVER

This may sound pretty lame but START CRYING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I've been doing this lately and I've been feeling A LOT better.

------------
This part may be pretty hard for you to do but you really need to STOP the DELUSIONAL THINKING. Why does the afterlife matter? What really is the importance of a god figure? LIVE IN THE PRESENT, BE YOUR OWN GOD.

Look for answers in Science and other people, don't try to find everything out yourself.

Thinking you're schizophrenic will MAKE YOU a schizophrenic. Feel free to PM me if you ever need someone to talk too.

I've overcome 'schizophrenia,' now it's time for anxiety and then depression. You can do it too man

OfflineLadySativa
Pleasure Seeker
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flying High
Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: Troll Bot]
    #11950581 - 02/02/10 08:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This is the reason I enjoy tripping while I am in the proper mindset. I have had some unbelievably intense trips and sometimes they go in the wildest directions maybe because my mind is so fucked but still i believe we can control what happens during our trips since i am able to control what happens during my dreams.

--------------------

"I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown." -Jim Morrison

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: LadySativa]
    #11950881 - 02/02/10 08:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like you need to experiment more with lower doses so you can grow more comfortable with it.  Also marijuana has a tendency to make me focus on the negative whenever I smoke greatly on it.  Interesting experience with negative entities though; my best guess would be that they're a metaphor for how hardcore Salvia and DMT can be.

Also: just breathe!  :smile:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineYippie
Happystance
 User Gallery

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: deCypher]
    #11951510 - 02/02/10 10:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

…and MEDITATE.

I'm going to go against the prevailing advice here and suggest that if your mind is already in a profoundly confused state from ASC experiences – that may not be a good time to start learning to meditate and in fact, can make the situation worse. Try reading something containing a bit of the ancient wisdoms, its structure for the mind. Then bring in some mediation once you get a better grasp on the situation.

--------------------
"Just living molecule to molecule"

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: Yippie]
    #11953329 - 02/03/10 10:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Awareness meditations such as walking or listening to music won't have any negative effects.

Do you have a link to these ancient wisdoms?

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

#11953511 - 02/03/10 10:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Yippie said:
Quote:

…and MEDITATE.

I'm going to go against the prevailing advice here and suggest that if your mind is already in a profoundly confused state from ASC experiences – that may not be a good time to start learning to meditate and in fact, can make the situation worse. Try reading something containing a bit of the ancient wisdoms, its structure for the mind. Then bring in some mediation once you get a better grasp on the situation.

Worse? I don't get that one. I don't really think thats uh..
possible. You must be getting the word meditation mixed up
with something else. haha

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: ZenClarity]
    #11953520 - 02/03/10 10:44 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ZenClarity said:
Quote:

Yippie said:
Quote:

…and MEDITATE.

You're definitely very wrong on this. Meditation can, and does, cause hallucinations and delusions and, just like psychedelics, can worsen preexisting mental disorders.

--------------------

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: LSDreamer]
    #11953575 - 02/03/10 10:52 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Quote:

ZenClarity said:
Quote:

Yippie said:
Quote:

…and MEDITATE.

You're definitely very wrong on this. Meditation can, and does, cause hallucinations and delusions and, just like psychedelics, can worsen preexisting mental disorders.

I'll have to research that for myself.... I've been in practice as
long as i can remember. I don't see how clearing the mind of thought
can worsen mental states.

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11953586 - 02/03/10 10:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

#11953753 - 02/03/10 11:27 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
http://www.icsahome.com/infoserv_articles/brundage_sandy_warningmeditatingmaybehazardous.htm

As one example.

Interesting.. yet i don't buy into everything i read online. Headline is "Meditation may"
Who knows if those cases stem directly from meditation? I just speak from my own
experience.. a lot of it. None the less, because of the different views and perspectives,
i guess i will start using the word relatively on everything. Also, to the op, in regards to
happiness... I recommend a book. "The art of happiness" If you've not read it... it's well
worth it... as it transcends any religious boundary.. I can safely say that it's relatively harmless.

there.. that works.

Edit: Upon further reflection, I can see partly where the article is coming from. Most,
know the saying Moderation is key. I live by it... Anyone not ready for an 8 day
meditation session very well may come out a bit confused. You may as well toss
someone in a world they're not familiar with. I'm not talking about making a career out
of it, I'm talking about practice in a casual sense... as most of the western culture is
familiar with.

peace
zen

--------------------

Edited by ZenClarity (02/03/10 12:09 PM)

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#11954210 - 02/03/10 12:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Meditation has made me delusional before.  A couple months ago I went through a phase were I was meditating a lot.  I progressed spiritually but actually I was disconnecting from life and shoving issues to the side. Something as simple as a walk down the street could be completely blissful, but it lead to be avoiding my worldly obligations.

--------------------
check out my music!

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: g00ru]
    #11954272 - 02/03/10 01:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
Meditation has made me delusional before.  A couple months ago I went through a phase were I was meditating a lot.  I progressed spiritually but actually I was disconnecting from life and shoving issues to the side. Something as simple as a walk down the street could be completely blissful, but it lead to be avoiding my worldly obligations.

As I stated above, i'm not talking about excessive meditation. We all
need to tend to the now and prepare for what the future may bring.
I'm not talking about using it as an escape from current obligations,
just a tool to work with them. I'm not going to argue this point
anymore than what I've stated.

Edit: Not to mention, you stated it would be something good to start
on in your first post. Why recommend something that makes you
delusional without describing that aspect as a warning? Don't
back peddle on me now. :wink:

--------------------

Edited by ZenClarity (02/03/10 01:38 PM)

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#11955069 - 02/03/10 03:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ZenClarity said:

Well my clear-minded delusional state would still be highly preferable to being axious and schizo.

But that probably won't happen...it wasn't the meditation that was to blame per se, it was me being a shithead and avoiding my work, but I was so blissed out from meditation that it became way easier to do.

But just too clarify: meditate, it's good for you :lol:

--------------------
check out my music!

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

#11955091 - 02/03/10 03:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
Quote:

ZenClarity said:

Well my clear-minded delusional state would still be highly preferable to being axious and schizo.

But that probably won't happen...it wasn't the meditation that was to blame per se, it was me being a shithead and avoiding my work, but I was so blissed out from meditation that it became way easier to do.

But just too clarify: meditate, it's good for you :lol:

/salute

meditate... but not excessively, it's no more harmful than living..
just how you choose to use it. I can assume 5-10 min sessions once
or twice a day is "relatively" safe. lol

Not like someone who isn't really use to it is going to carry the
burden of awakening from the beginning of casual practice. :wink: Yet
it's still incredibly helpful for anxiety.

--------------------

Edited by ZenClarity (02/03/10 03:11 PM)

Offlineiamu
Sall Growman
Male

Loc: Ireland
    #11955525 - 02/03/10 03:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ive been there. i battle myself all the time. I want to love and appreciate, but the moment i tell myself that, its like i gta fight myself to do it. its a loop that begins with thinking in the first place. the vicious circle wont start if u dont think. become more physical. learn we are human, and we need to survive. u probably know just as much as me that talking to us wont help you. Just try ur best to make things clear. u are a good person.

--------------------

OfflineYippie
Happystance
 User Gallery

#11957720 - 02/03/10 08:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ZenClarity said:

Since I've been practicing it for more than 10 years, pretty sure I'm not mixing it up. Maybe you just don't know the full scope of what you're recommending as a panacea for all situations?

--------------------
"Just living molecule to molecule"

OfflineMagicJames
Male

Loc: Michigan Flag
    #11958001 - 02/03/10 09:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Keep strong bro, you will overcome it.

:thumbup:

OfflineSatyapriya
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: MagicJames]
    #11958578 - 02/03/10 11:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"This may sound pretty lame but START CRYING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I've been doing this lately and I've been feeling A LOT better."

LOL believe it or not this is the best thing you can possibly do!  This is because it is the soul that cries, all while the ego is being temporarily set aside.  The ego is the tough shell we all live in that learns how to cope with fear of experiencing pain in this world, and the soul is the child within us all that unfortunately many people lose their connection with.  That is why all babies ever do is cry.  They are new souls that have been thrown in a world of pain, eventually over time their ego develops and they become "tougher."  They just learn how to live in this world.  But the ability to reconnect with yourself on a regular basis is a beautiful thing.  Its called "flexing your spiritual muscle," and crying is one of the best ways to do that.

Stay strong man, and remember that life is a beautiful journey for your soul!

--------------------
www.collectivelyconscious.net - Hive mind for the awakened. ॐ Collectively Conscious ॐ is a community-powered, community-verified, alternative news/multimedia aggregation service for global citizens.

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

#11960143 - 02/04/10 08:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Yippie said:
Quote:

ZenClarity said:

Since I've been practicing it for more than 10 years, pretty sure I'm not mixing it up. Maybe you just don't know the full scope of what you're recommending as a panacea for all situations?

I understand the scope of it... but to someone with little experience
as I said.. clearing anxiety/ schizophrenic thoughts for 5-10 mins.
is less harmful than not. I'm not talking about a zen master here..
we all start somewhere.. and it's not at the top. Not buying it bro.
I wasn't the one to recommend it.. Im just backing up novice, casual
practice no matter the mental state. Sometimes we are able to dig
deeper in times of suffering... out of 10 years of practice you
should know that. How can it be more harmful to push away those
thoughts a few mins a day and just be the suffering? Where is the I
to be damaged..? Makes no logical sense to me.. I don't even see
it as a valid argument... But each to their own. All I'm saying
is that in my experience, which is about on par with yours, practice
is most important in times of suffering.. Not less.

peace.

--------------------

Edited by ZenClarity (02/04/10 08:39 AM)

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11960578 - 02/04/10 09:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I don't see how this is confusing to you. Hallucinations in deep meditation are far from uncommon and have been recognized for thousands of years.

--------------------

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

#11960612 - 02/04/10 09:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
I don't see how this is confusing to you. Hallucinations in deep meditation are far from uncommon and have been recognized for thousands of years.

Very very rarely from the inexperienced... It takes awhile to get to
that point, and more than likely not something someone's going to drum
up in 5-10 mins of practice unless they are very experienced.

Edit: I mean if it's really as common and easy to achieve as you make
it seem.. why bother with psychedelics? It's not...

--------------------

Edited by ZenClarity (02/04/10 10:49 AM)

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: Satyapriya]
    #11962205 - 02/04/10 02:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ZenClarity said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

Agreed. Also, there are a bunch of different kinds of meditations someone can do. You aren't subject to hallucinations during awareness meditation.

Awareness meditation is definitely the healthiest kind of meditation and it and a bit of time is all you need. FORMING NEW NEURAL PATHWAYS FTW

Quote:

Shrooomtastic said:
"This may sound pretty lame but START CRYING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I've been doing this lately and I've been feeling A LOT better."

LOL believe it or not this is the best thing you can possibly do!  This is because it is the soul that cries, all while the ego is being temporarily set aside.  The ego is the tough shell we all live in that learns how to cope with fear of experiencing pain in this world, and the soul is the child within us all that unfortunately many people lose their connection with.  That is why all babies ever do is cry.  They are new souls that have been thrown in a world of pain, eventually over time their ego develops and they become "tougher."  They just learn how to live in this world.  But the ability to reconnect with yourself on a regular basis is a beautiful thing.  Its called "flexing your spiritual muscle," and crying is one of the best ways to do that.

Interesting look on it. I read it releases built up 'stress chemicals' and  that was my main reason for doing it. Feels great!

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#11962332 - 02/04/10 02:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

What exactly do you mean by awareness meditation?

--------------------
check out my music!

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

#11962411 - 02/04/10 03:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
What exactly do you mean by awareness meditation?

Seeing.. not looking. Hearing but not from the I perspective...
etc etc.  Being the action you're involved in completely with no
thought. Just about any meditation not strictly related to zen
training if Im not mistaken. Fully focused on one aspect outside
of yourself, not the inner breath, and not sitting while holding the
mind completely clear.

Edited by ZenClarity (02/04/10 03:14 PM)

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11962436 - 02/04/10 03:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Awareness meditation is simply being aware of what is going on around you and being aware of your body and not thinking of anything except for what is going on around you.

Walking is a great awareness meditation.

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

#11962473 - 02/04/10 03:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Enpo said:
Awareness meditation is simply being aware of what is going on around you and being aware of your body and not thinking of anything except for what is going on around you.

I love hiking. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11962496 - 02/04/10 03:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ZenClarity said:
Quote:

Enpo said:

I love hiking. :wink:

Yea man hiking is the best

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11963327 - 02/04/10 05:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ZenClarity said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

I never said it was common. Just because its not common doesn't mean it should be ignored or denied. You wouldn't tell someone to use psychedelics without warning them about the potential side effects, would you?

--------------------

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

#11963413 - 02/04/10 05:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Quote:

ZenClarity said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

I never said it was common. Just because its not common doesn't mean it should be ignored or denied. You wouldn't tell someone to use psychedelics without warning them about the potential side effects, would you?

lsdreamer... my point is I see no negative side effects on beginner casual practice..
i thought i've made that clear by now. I understood your argument with psychedelics
so i bowed out gracefully. This is something I've been well versed in, and I've never
heard anything negative about starting meditation.. no matter the frame of mind. You
see what im saying? Excessive mediation for a beginner.. yes there could very well be
some disturbing issues there. Yet, That's not what im recommending. 7 day retreats
are for the experienced.. not the novice. So no I wouldn't warn someone about
negative side effects of casual practice... as I've not seen nor heard or experienced any.

I stand by that... If anyone has any stories about how 5-10 min sessions a day has
terribly messed with there frame of mind... I'd love to hear the type of meditation and
how exactly. I just can't fathom it being in the realm of possibilities.

Perhaps i should of been more clear in my initial post... but i didn't expect anyone to
sit down for a 5 hour meditation session simply because meditation was
recommended.

--------------------

Edited by ZenClarity (02/04/10 05:47 PM)

InvisibleMr Cyan
    #11963716 - 02/04/10 06:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think you need to stop using psychedelics for a while if you want to figure this out. I've read many of your threads since you joined this forum, and I remember you were completely entranced with psychedelics when you first joined. I kind of went through this same sort of phase, where once I was given the freedom and the knowledge of the power of psychedelics I really took advantage of that, and then life just took on a whole new shape. You can put it into scientific terms, if that's what you believe, but using psychedelics so often can affect the chemistry of your brain, whether it be physically or psychologically. I've stopped using psychedelics as often as I used to and this has proven fruitful for my spirit. I spend my time thinking about things besides tripping out. I think you need to realize the answers to your problems cannot be found through tripping out. God is everywhere, God will never limit himself to the confines of tripping out.

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: Mr Cyan]
    #11963726 - 02/04/10 06:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mr Cyan said:
I think you need to stop using psychedelics for a while if you want to figure this out. I've read many of your threads since you joined this forum, and I remember you were completely entranced with psychedelics when you first joined. I kind of went through this same sort of phase, where once I was given the freedom and the knowledge of the power of psychedelics I really took advantage of that, and then life just took on a whole new shape. You can put it into scientific terms, if that's what you believe, but using psychedelics so often can affect the chemistry of your brain, whether it be physically or psychologically. I've stopped using psychedelics as often as I used to and this has proven fruitful for my spirit. I spend my time thinking about things besides tripping out. I think you need to realize the answers to your problems cannot be found through tripping out. God is everywhere, God will never limit himself to the confines of tripping out.

well said.

--------------------

InvisibleHarri

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: Satyapriya]
    #11964046 - 02/04/10 07:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shrooomtastic said:

That is why all babies ever do is cry.  They are new souls that have been thrown in a world of pain, eventually over time their ego develops and they become "tougher."  They just learn how to live in this world.  But the ability to reconnect with yourself on a regular basis is a beautiful thing.  Its called "flexing your spiritual muscle," and crying is one of the best ways to do that.

Dont state this as fact when it's only your opinion. babies don't cry because there new souls in a world of pain? Some people will take what you said and believe it as truth. Please don't spread false information, even if you could be right. :shrug:

Offlinejw2234
Astral Traveler
Male

Loc: Bay Area Flag
Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC *DELETED* [Re: Mr Cyan]
    #11964114 - 02/04/10 07:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by jw2234

Reason for deletion: p

--------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there is nothing to fear with this chemical besides astonishing realization that everything IS indeed 1 entity

Questions

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: jw2234]
    #11964306 - 02/04/10 07:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nice... always amazed at the incredibly realistic flow of words he presents. Thanks, for
sharing. I've never seen that one.

--------------------

OfflineWhitewater
Male

Loc: Midwest
    #11964395 - 02/04/10 08:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Wow that link was really cool. I'm glad I saw that... To the Original poster I hope things are getting better for you, I don't have much to add but theres lots of advice here, take what you want out of it. If it means anything I don't think your crazy. I have some anxiety issues, I'm kind of a hypochondriac... once I was anxious I was going crazy. It was pretty bad, lasted months. It stemmed from a beautiful mushroom trip. Sounds weird I know, it was just so beautiful it blew my mind later when reflecting on it. eventually I told myself I'd rather be weird than brainwashed and I've been so much happier ever since. Maybe you should read more, it relaxes you like meditating, without getting into the wacky realms that are causing all this controversy, I dunno, good luck

--------------------

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: Feeling of Being Schizophrenic while in an ASC [Re: Whitewater]
    #11965426 - 02/04/10 10:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Damn Terrence McKenna is a good speaker.  If there were way more people doing mushrooms he would be a hugely influential voice in our culture.  Instead it's just people like us on drug websites that see his shit :lol:

--------------------
check out my music!

Offlinewnfakind
Stranger

#11965704 - 02/04/10 11:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Wow dude, great post.. felt like I was reading something I couldnt express and write down but you did. Your absoulutely fine.. Im glad I read it, and im sure alot of people have that same feeling.. everything can seem pretty intense and im still trying to find my own way's to accept it(it being this isolated society we live in, not being able to accept life and instead of love... the majority... the forces we cannot controll or even show what should be only destory every aspect of it) but hey the kick behind it, is that truely we are the only ones who see it our way and the feeling is ever fleeting but always there to chase.. now that's love true value appreciate what you know.

Edited by wnfakind (02/04/10 11:21 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals