Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethe_chosen_one
On the Darkslide
Male User Gallery

Loc: 1984
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection * 2
    #11948187 - 02/02/10 02:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

just wanted to share a few pics from my latest project. many thanks and much love to cactu and alan. :heart:

substrate = pf style spawn except with millet. spawned to 70% straw, 20% used yerba mate. the final 10% is a mix of mostly coir, cactus soil and just a touch of used coffee grounds. seems to me there was a little verm in there too.. oh! lots of calcium.

colonizing temps = 75-80 deg. F.

fruiting temps = day - 72-78 deg. F. / night - 60-65 deg. F.

RH = 85-92%

FAE = approx. 1 full exchange per hour.

lighting = compact fluro, blue "daylight" spectrum.

time = LOTS! this project was started back in mid November.

as far as i can tell this is still the first flush.

--------------------
"Luck favors the observant." - Workman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: the_chosen_one]
    #11948482 - 02/02/10 03:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Great experiment chosen_one,

Did you apply a casing layer or did it fruit directly from the substrate you described?
inski.

--------------------

OfflineHashishin13
Male User Gallery
Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: the_chosen_one]
    #11948483 - 02/02/10 03:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nicely done, were there lots of aborts?

--------------------
It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.
-George Washington

Invisiblebadman
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: Hashishin13]
    #11948649 - 02/02/10 03:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Very nice!
:borat:

Invisiblethe_chosen_one
On the Darkslide
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: badman]
    #11950611 - 02/02/10 08:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

thanks! yes, straight peat moss casing layer with plenty of calcium. i have another mix i use for semperviva that i think i'll try next time. two large fruits have fallen over already and that mix may help with that.

there's only been a few aborts so far. the growth pattern is quite strange. a few pins will form and hold. one may abort later, but two seem to take off and grow while the other pins sit and wait. once the mature fruits are harvested two more pins begin to grow. another pin or two also appear during this time. tonight it seems to be settling down a bit. perhaps the end of the first flush. time will tell.

thanks so much again!

:heart:

--------------------

Offlinenexus1946
Rebel
 User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
    #11951581 - 02/02/10 10:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nice! :super:

--------------------
Gypsum/Drywall Tek
The Story Of Russell The Texas (Cube) Bear

The human race's prospects of survival were considerably better when we were defenceless against tigers than they are today when we have become defenceless against ourselves.
-Arnold J. Toynbee

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: nexus1946]
    #11952047 - 02/03/10 12:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

beautiful looking mushrooms! nicely done!

--------------------

OfflinepsychedelicSLUG
ovoideocystidiata protector
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ Flag
Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #11953052 - 02/03/10 08:30 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Cool, never really seen Psilocybe caerulescens cultivated before... :thumbup:

Can't wait to see later flushes!

--------------------

:sun:Variety is the spice of life!:sun:

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
    #11953217 - 02/03/10 09:30 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome work, TCO!

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

OfflinePajarito
Three Little Birds
 User Gallery

Loc: Yuggoth
Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #11953703 - 02/03/10 11:16 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I am working with a print from Alan that is labeled Ps. caeruslescens 'Monster Sawmill', and although the writing to tough to make out, the location appears to be Tonila, Jalisco, Mexico. The first culture appears to be clean, and I transferred a few sectors to new plates a few days ago.

Is the 'Monster Sawmill' collection the same as the one you are working with here, the_chosen_one?

--------------------
AmScope T490 - OMAX 18MP USB3 camera - Toupview software - FP Series I
"I suddenly became strangely inebriated." — Dr. Albert Hoffman
"When you say the names of the plants, you say the names of the gods." — Dr. Timothy Plowman
"No weak heart shall prosper." — Hon. Robert Nesta Marley

Invisiblebadman
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: Pajarito]
    #11954375 - 02/03/10 01:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Pajarito said:
I am working with a print from Alan that is labeled Ps. caeruslescens 'Monster Sawmill', and although the writing to tough to make out, the location appears to be Tonila, Jalisco, Mexico. The first culture appears to be clean, and I transferred a few sectors to new plates a few days ago.

Is the 'Monster Sawmill' collection the same as the one you are working with here, the_chosen_one?

I got one those last week, I should be starting it up soon, in a few week maybe.

Invisiblethe_chosen_one
On the Darkslide
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: Pajarito]
    #11956332 - 02/03/10 05:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Pajarito said:

this one is labeled only as Tonila. however, i do have a Zapotecorum tagged as 'Sawmill'. i managed to get that one to the early pin stages, but a late trich infection got it before they could mature. more jars are colonizing now. here's a few pics from that attempt..

--------------------

Invisiblethe_chosen_one
On the Darkslide
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #11956464 - 02/03/10 06:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

back to the caerulescens.. man, these things are big. much larger than i expected. very heavy. that little deformed one has been the smallest fruit so far. fortunately they sporulate early and i was able to gather spores from the two fruits that fell over. even though they were still a little premature. semperviva is not as forgiving in this respect.

thanks again so much everyone. many good vibes to you and all your projects!

hey Blimey! :smile: good to see you.

here's a few more pics from yesterday..

--------------------

Offlinemurrtheblur
Chillin Chillin
Male

Loc: the stix
    #11957790 - 02/03/10 09:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

those are absolutely beautiful man great job, never seen this species cultivated indoor before.
5:mushroom2:for you:grin::thumbup:
~blur~

Edited by murrtheblur (02/03/10 09:10 PM)

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: murrtheblur]
    #11957850 - 02/03/10 09:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Very Very Nice!! I will again be trying the P.Zapotacorum indoors I Had the same problem last time my substrate invited to many contams before the primordia had a chance to form..I'm going to try you're Sub. mix this time! Thanks...e

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

OfflineAqua and Red
Propagator

Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: electrics]
    #11961620 - 02/04/10 12:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Good job TCO.  Why do you think it hasn't has been prolific as Semperviva as far as total fruit count? Does it put it's energy into producing larger fruit bodies rather than more fruits?

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#11979068 - 02/06/10 11:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Probably the exact same, but the ones labeled Monster came from enormous fruits, some of them resembling Boletus edulis in stem thickness and fruiting in clusters of 50.

Its nice to see the fibrous mycelium on the lower half of the stipe.  Its a pretty consistent trait.

OfflinePajarito
Three Little Birds
 User Gallery

Loc: Yuggoth
Re: Psilocybe Caerulescens var. Caerulescens 'Tonila Group' Cactu/Rockefeller Collection [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11980698 - 02/07/10 09:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Probably the exact same, but the ones labeled Monster came from enormous fruits, some of them resembling Boletus edulis in stem thickness and fruiting in clusters of 50.

Thanks, Alan! The process on agar is coming along nicely and I should be going to grain within a week or so. Fingers crossed I have decent luck with these!

--------------------
AmScope T490 - OMAX 18MP USB3 camera - Toupview software - FP Series I
"I suddenly became strangely inebriated." — Dr. Albert Hoffman
"When you say the names of the plants, you say the names of the gods." — Dr. Timothy Plowman
"No weak heart shall prosper." — Hon. Robert Nesta Marley

Invisiblethe_chosen_one
On the Darkslide
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #12052934 - 02/18/10 10:11 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

so i guess that was the first flush. the second is forming primordia now. more pics soon hopefully.

thanks again!

oh! and the second generation spores germinated in 7 days. looking good so far.

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
    #12093792 - 02/25/10 08:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So they don't always cluster like a wad of shrooms....haven't had a chance to work with them yet but they have been a goal owing to all that gets said about them. Those look yum! They also look bigger than some of the (few) pics I've seen. Nice looking fruit!:thumbup:

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale