Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
this forum has turned me into a monster
    #11943313 - 02/01/10 04:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

this post is really about me and not other poster :wtf::rofl2:

the longer i stay here, i feel my posts are just made to validate my ego and "fuck around". and i'm so cynical and close-minded

i just display my beliefs, i don't feel like i am really going through a process of reaching truth with other people

i like to give my opinion on things, but who am i to say anything? i feel i have more experience than some people, because i had their beliefs in the past and now i have come to new conclusions and now my beliefs are better and right (and maybe they are). i am older and wiser and i have nothing to really think about from these new posts, i can sum it up better for you in a one-liner that happens to be condescending and dismissing

but i need to be doing something more than proving someone wrong, because as long as that is my intention, the other person will not gain anything and they will get defensive

i feel i was more open minded a couple years ago when i first came here, i didn't want to post because i knew that whatever i was going to say was self-limiting and would not help me understand or communicate better

i would read posts and try to really understand where someone was coming from and i'd just get confused because there could be so many different meanings behind what they are saying and how are these people using the words they are? i would read posts and generally be perplexed

i thought "wow, these people must be really smart" because they seemed to have everything figured out. i felt i had things to learn from them. i felt like i just didn't understand their sense of humor but in time if i grew and matured i would have a good sense of humor like them and we could reach some kind of understanding

i didn't know, what this sense of humor really was... now i do

--------------------

Edited by EternalCowabunga (02/01/10 04:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: this forum has turned me into a monster [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #11943345 - 02/01/10 05:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Take yourself seriously much? :wink:

If you want to leave, leave> If you want to stay and play and maybe grow beyond the limitations  you think you have, by being tested in the trenches here, then stay.

We'll keep the light on for ya.:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
    #11943346 - 02/01/10 05:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Can you explain that quote in your sig to me? @OP

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: this forum has turned me into a monster [Re: circastes]
    #11943349 - 02/01/10 05:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That's a great quote imo.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: this forum has turned me into a monster [Re: Icelander]
    #11943367 - 02/01/10 05:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

tl;dr but OP is wrong and I demand sources for all statements taken out of context.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Male User Gallery

#11943456 - 02/01/10 05:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No I can't explain it, I don't understand it. I just wanted to find a good quote on schizophrenia because I think the beliefs about schizophrenia are bullshit

Icelander you're right I wouldn't be making this post if I didn't take myself so seriously, I've had lots of free time lately so I probably spend too much time here

But part of my post was about how a lot of the posters here who think that they are helping people grow are not really doing that or that's not really their intention. I think there is communication, and most of the time when we think we are communicating we are just agreeing on our beliefs

it doesn't matter, it's not serious. it's fine what we're doing here.. but we're not being honest IMO. this forum needs new blood because most of us think that things are just the way they are and that's it, we're not interested in changing

ESPECIALLY if we are happy, then we've been successful and there's no need to change so why try to reach some kind of agreement with someone whose beliefs are juvenile.

fuck i can't express what i'm trying to say

ok i know what i'm trying to say

we could have things so much better, we could help people out so much more thoroughly but we don't really know what we are doing and we are limited by our belief systems.

when i say communication, i mean talking directly to a person's condition, like knowing their past or future and talking to that, knowing their emotions and mind state and communicating to that, not being condescending to them by treating them like students and we are their teacher

we are not aware enough for that. to know the people behind the computer screen so we can be 10 steps ahead instead of constantly crashing into brick walls and then nobody will reach their goal

what im saying makes no sense and will be completely misunderstood

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11943537 - 02/01/10 05:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

But part of my post was about how a lot of the posters here who think that they are helping people grow are not really doing that or that's not really their intention. I think there is communication, and most of the time when we think we are communicating we are just agreeing on our beliefs

Now how do you know about what the intentions of others here are?  Why not worry about what your intentions are and then there will be no problems for you whether you stay or go.

--------------------

OfflineREGISTERED USER
Stranger

#11943567 - 02/01/10 05:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
If you want to stay and play and maybe grow beyond the limitations  you think you have, by being tested in the trenches here, then stay.

:facepalm:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: this forum has turned me into a monster [Re: REGISTERED USER]
    #11943594 - 02/01/10 05:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This is your best post so far.:thumbup: Course you're just gettin warmed up I'll bet.

--------------------

OfflineREGISTERED USER
Stranger

#11943629 - 02/01/10 05:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Try Xanax for that death anxiety.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: this forum has turned me into a monster [Re: REGISTERED USER]
    #11943647 - 02/01/10 05:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm thinking possibly puppet.

Am I close.:wink:

--------------------

OfflineREGISTERED USER
Stranger

#11943676 - 02/01/10 05:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Highly unlikely.

Male User Gallery

#11943679 - 02/01/10 05:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I just took some time to try and post something but I think I'm just tripping, I think I am just expressing my frustration at my own self-limiting beliefs and probably the fact that it's been a long time since I've felt like I've gained anything from this forum and wonder if I ever really did, I know I did in the past but I think I really just come here for mental masturbation. I guess there's nothing really wrong with that, I can leave growth to the outside world

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#11943723 - 02/01/10 05:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes I get idealistic and think that this forum can be used for us to learn

And then I think about, I might as well try to learn something from the contents of the posts here even if it's not the kind of post I would imagine I would learn from

And then I think about how we are not really self aware and that the content of the posts IS important and the arrangement of words and the attempt to communicate a specific meaning that leads us beyond our self-limiting beliefs

And I think that people think they are doing that, that they are liberating people from their self-limiting beliefs

And then I'm like fuck no this is not the way, whenever new blood come here the same shit happens and it's predictable and how often do we see tackling real psychological issues, personal stuff or am I just blind but it's partly my fault I am not being completely honest or open and this is a two-way thing

--------------------

Offlineaghorrorag
NonExistent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
    #11943740 - 02/01/10 05:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i have learned a lot by lurking in these forums , less by posting.  i've learned about a lot of cool books, movies, and music. you just have to try and not get sucked into people's tornadoes, which has happened to me for the first time for the 3 or so months i've been an official member, but i've met some really cool people, who have been helpful, and like this guy, "TheBalance", that dude is awesome.

--------------------
My entire Life is defined by this link. I beg of you to read: https://www.facebook.com/notes/tsafir-kamel/a-compassionate-message-for-jews-and-christians/10150614597334779

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
    #11943758 - 02/01/10 05:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I rarely ever read something someone else says and decide they sound smart enough that I should make exceptions for what they are saying.

Male User Gallery

Re: this forum has turned me into a monster [Re: aghorrorag]
    #11943825 - 02/01/10 06:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

There is one particular person on these boards that makes me more self aware when I read his posts, I actually catch my self-limiting beliefs and my patterns of thoughts, the way he is like 10 steps ahead of my thinking process, like he can predict the way I am going to interpret his posts. I guess I am just whining that there aren't more people like him.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11943968 - 02/01/10 06:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:hissyfit:

Ya know of course that this forum has no power to turn you into anything. You did it all by yourself and initially with the help of Mater and Pater.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
    #11944252 - 02/01/10 07:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

But its a community, not just a personal journal.

With that in mind, as to a broader concern with egocentrism, I agree that this may well have everything to do with such a change, being that somehow the two are almost the same thing here. Solipsism anyone?

I'll attest that this forum has the capability to affect a person. I can think of one or two instances when my mind was blown, and dramatically changed the way I think - and it was thanks to the peaceful and wrathful forms I communicated to here. Of course in "weight" it was predominately my activity in the community (say like a 2 pager from daytripper23), but it is the effect of incoming waves of communication that can bring about change. 

But what is the extreme internetude of self-sufficiency itself? Its very familiar.

Does it like language, a more primordial medium, have everything to do with how one originally conceives; that is to say, how one enters and leaves the medium? I've voiced my doubts as to where and how firmly the western "subject" stands in language... Here, what is the "subject" of the shroomery?

For instance, the quaint noob faces a unique welcome in this environment. But much more strange is how one leaves. The shroomery community is as much occupied with the self sufficiency and detatchment of a poster, as it is somehow attatched to a certain aspect of character, the avatar - to which it is some kind of travesty if he admits that the shroomery has served its purpose and he is leaving.

Can a person elucidate and depart language through language? Some philosophers have described such a process.

Here at the shroomery, people who leave, tend to drift away. But through the medium on the other hand, those who say goodbye, have a high probability of being kicked in the ass with their own momentum. Whats up with that?

In general is it really the poster that gives these entries and escape acts their character, (whether it is reincarnated weekly or daily entry, or otherwise) or is it as much the reciprocity of a community?

Is the shroomery to be transcended?

Edited by daytripper23 (02/01/10 07:46 PM)

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#11944296 - 02/01/10 07:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think many of us use this forum as a sounding board for our ideas more than for psychological counsel. But then again, maybe that's just me :wink:

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom