Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
Thoughts on increasing yields!
    #1194159 - 01/05/03 11:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Man posting to this forum is real addictive.

I just wanted to start a thread about everybody's thoughts on increasing yields with their cubensis strain mushies!

I've just pondering lately what I'm going to case my creepers in! Just to let everybody know, I use an aquarium, with air exchange setup (exchanges air without removing top), plus humidifier

I just cased 6 1/2 pint jars in my first aquarium about 7 days ago, infact today was the first day I introduced it to light! I used the casing mixtures that mushroommagic.com sells. However I didn't buy their kits, those are outrageously priced! I really didn't want to order their casing mixtures, but my friend insisted on it, and paid for it!

It's got green contams in it, because I think there was too much standing water! I would feel alot better about the casing if we had made sure the mycelium layer was thicker, by casing more jars per aquarium. Hopefully the Allen will be victorious in the end, that's what happened to one of the jars, it got contaminated, but the Allen kicked it's ass!! It is a strong strain!

This Creeper casing on the other hand, I was sort of planning on following something different than this mushroommagic.com shit. I don't even know what it was that I cased, I just followed their instructions. They had a Magic Humidity Base bag, which was just perlite... they had a Magic Growing media bag, and a Magic Casing Mix bag!

Perlite at the bottom with some water and peroxide, growing media next layer (they give you instructions on how to inoculate the aquarium, but I had fresh mycelium cakes I was just gonna break up) , mycelium cakes layer, and casing mix layer!

This Creeper strain I was wanting to try just soil and vermiculite/perlite bottom layer, mycelium cake layer, then some kind of dung instead of more potting soil! Would I get a higher yield by adding sterilized cow/horse dung on the top as the casing layer!

Also would I get a higher yield if when I added the mycelium layer, I added fresh, uncolonized jars of sterilized substrate mixed up in the mycelium layer?

Please let me know what you think of my setup, also on how I plan on increasing getting nice yields with my Creepers! Also feel free to express any ideas you have!

The Deliciously, Stinky Gthirteens!

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thoughts on increasing yields! [Re: Gthirteens]
    #1194471 - 01/06/03 04:02 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

hmm, that's a long post :laugh:

not sure i know what you mean about the aquarium - are you just dumpoing stuff in there, no separate tub?

Quote:

This Creeper strain I was wanting to try just soil and vermiculite/perlite bottom layer, mycelium cake layer, then some kind of dung instead of more potting soil! Would I get a higher yield by adding sterilized cow/horse dung on the top as the casing layer!

don't use soil underneath your substrate. soil is only useful (if ever) when pasteurised as a casing layer. out of sight, it'll go green and you'll never know about it.

Quote:

Would I get a higher yield by adding sterilized cow/horse dung on the top as the casing layer!

maybe, but you don't sterilise dung, you pasteurise it.

Quote:

would I get a higher yield if when I added the mycelium layer, I added fresh, uncolonized jars of sterilized substrate mixed up in the mycelium layer?

don't even think about it.

good luck!  :laugh: 

--------------------
buh

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
Re: Thoughts on increasing yields! [Re: shirley knott]
    #1196087 - 01/06/03 09:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Shirly is yer avatar the dog from that mtv special about the people who like to fuck in giant animal suits or whatever

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
Re: Thoughts on increasing yields! [Re: deprave]
    #1196091 - 01/06/03 09:55 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

btw.... posting on here intoxicated is a lot more fun.....normally i cant think of any intelligent question to ask or whatever.....hmmmmmmm  :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation