Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineChaostoOrder
Lakota Peji Wicasa,
Male User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Freedom] * 2
    #11931340 - 01/30/10 06:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Good man of natural medicine once told me , Regarding Sweat Ceremonies in Lakota culture....
"Theres a difference between suffering and Sacrifice:  When you sacrifice you give something up and thats it your done with it, but to suffer you have no choice and your prayers to tunkasila are more sincere cause you are in a humbled state and you have no choice but to give all you got."

--------------------
Too weird to live, to rare to die....-Hunter S. Thompson

:
[url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/10-21/47399604

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinespiritualMC
spiritualist
Male

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: ChaostoOrder] * 2
    #11946103 - 02/02/10 02:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"As soon as you look at the world through an ideology you are finished. No reality fits an ideology. Life is beyond that. That is why people are always searching for a meaning to life… Meaning is only found when you go beyond meaning. Life only makes sense when you perceive it as mystery and it makes no sense to the conceptualizing mind."

"You know you are a Mystic when you wake up one day and ask, am I crazy or are they?"

"These things will destroy the human race: politics without principle, progress without compassion, wealth without work, learning without silence, religion without fearlessness, and worship without awareness."

Anthony de Mello

OfflineTeamAmerica
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: ChaostoOrder] * 2
    #11946843 - 02/02/10 09:28 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"I have yet to figure out whether it is I am that am crazy, or the world."

-Albert Einstein

OfflineSpiralout112
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: TeamAmerica] * 2
    #11963648 - 02/04/10 06:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Not all spiritual but I believe that most of these help expand the mind which is good enough.

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to percieve with our frail and feeble mind. - Albert Einstein

Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity. - Albert Einstein...

Whatever is flexible and flowing will tend to grow, whatever is rigid and blocked will wither and die. - Tao Te Ching...

By means of meditation we can teach our minds to be calm and balanced; within this calmness is a richness and a potential, an inner knowledge which can render our lives boundlessly satisfying and meaningful. While the mind may be what traps us in unhealthy patterns of stress and imbalance, it is also the mind which can free us. Through meditation, we can tap the healing qualities of mind. - Tarthang Tulku...

There seem to two kinds of searchers: those who seek to make their ego something other than it is, i.e. holy, happy, unselfish (as though you could make a fish unfish), and those who understand that all such attempts are just gesticulation and play-acting, that there is only one thing that can be done, which is to disidentify themselves with the ego, by realizing its unreality, and by becoming aware of their eternal identity with pure being. - Fingers Pointing Toward the Moon by Wei Wu Wei...

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.
- Frank Lloyd Wright, American architect

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
--Friedrich Nietzsche

"Be soft in your practice. Think of the method as a fine silvery stream, not a raging waterfall. Follow the stream, have faith in its course. It will go its own way, meandering here, trickling there. It will find the grooves, the cracks, and the crevices. Just follow it. Never let it out of your sight. It will take you."
-Sheng-yen

"Some of the ego's strategies are extremely clever, yet they never truly solve any of its problems, simply because the ego itself is the problem."
- Eckhart Tolle

"Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies."

"The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.--Homer

I have argued that every human being is born with an innate drive to experience altered states of consciousness periodically -- in particular to learn how to get away from ordinary ego-centered consciousness. I have also explained my intuition that this drive is a most important factor in our evolution, both as individuals and as a species. No ordinary experiences are vital to us because they are expressions of our unconscious minds, and the integration of conscious and unconscious experience is the key to life, health, and spiritual development, and fullest use of our nervous systems. - Andrew Weil, M.D.

He who finds a thought that enables him to obtain a slightly deeper glimpse into the eternal secrets of nature has been given great grace. - Albert Einstein

When you give a shilling to a beggar - do you realize that you are giving it to yourself? When you help a lame dog over a stile - do you realize that you yourself are being helped? When you kick a man when he is down - do you realize that you are kicking yourself? Give him another kick - if you deserve it! - Why Lazurus Laughed by Wei Wu Wei...

The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride ..." And we ... kill those people. Ha ha, "Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. Jesus murdered; Martin Luther King murdered; Malcolm X murdered; Gandhi murdered; John Lennon murdered; Reagan ... wounded. But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love.

The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. Thank you very much, you've been great.

Bill Hicks

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true." - Mark Twain

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

"Humanity without religion is like a serial killer without a chainsaw."
-- unknown

"A Sunday school is a prison in which children do penance for the evil conscience of their parents."

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
  - Blaise Pascal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ~Gandhi

A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

He wrapped himself in quotations- as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors.
  - Rudyard Kipling

"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power" -P.J. O'Rourke

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Spiralout112] * 2
    #11971499 - 02/05/10 07:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"Please see that I want nothing from you. It is in your own interest that I speak, because above all you love yourself, you want yourself secure and happy. Don't be ashamed of it, don't deny it. It is natural and good to love oneself. Only you should know exactly what do you love. It is not the body that you love, it is Life - perceiving, feeling, thinking, doing, loving, striving, creating. It is that Life which you love, which is you, which is all. Realize it in its totality, beyond all divisions and limitations, and all your desires will merge in it, for the greater contains the smaller. Therefore, find yourself, for in finding that you find all."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineGoshAllMighty
Oh My Gosh!
Male User Gallery

Loc: °360
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Lion] * 2
    #11977862 - 02/06/10 07:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"Religion is for people who are afraid to go to hell, whereas spirituality is for people like me who have been there" -Dave Mustaine

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: GoshAllMighty] * 2
    #11988174 - 02/08/10 02:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"Awareness is not on the other side of working through some process. Awareness is that in which the idea of working through some process to get somewhere arises & is perceived"

"This is an atomic discovery!"

Mooji

--------------------

Offlinesoldatheero
lastirishman
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Chronic7] * 2
    #12003409 - 02/10/10 03:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"The saints of today are the sinners of the past"

--------------------
..and may the zelda theme song be with you at all times, amen.

Invisiblerebus_minus
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? *DELETED* [Re: soldatheero] * 2
    #12010954 - 02/11/10 06:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by rebus_minus

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by rebus_minus (02/11/10 06:09 PM)

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: rebus_minus] * 1
    #12017880 - 02/12/10 06:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

^Love it.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: circastes] * 2
    #12017957 - 02/12/10 07:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I am the Snake that giveth Knowledge and Delight & bright glory, and stir the hearts of men with drunkenness. To worship me take wine and strange drugs whereof I will tell my prophet, & be drunk thereof! They shall not harm ye at all! It is a lie, this folly against self. The exposure of innocense is a lie. Be strong, o man! Lust, enjoy all things of sense and rapture: fear not that any God shall deny thee for this. I am alone. There is no God where I am.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12018099 - 02/12/10 07:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck yea!

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: rebus_minus] * 1
    #12020115 - 02/13/10 04:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Really nice rebus! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDJ_avocado
SardinoBambino
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawai'i, USA Flag
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Chronic7] * 2
    #12025304 - 02/14/10 12:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand,
but the passages that bother me are those I do understand."
— Mark Twain

JESUS ON SALT - Mark 9:50
"Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other."

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: DJ_avocado] * 2
    #12027173 - 02/14/10 12:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

--Oscar Wilde

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Chronic7] * 3
    #12030187 - 02/14/10 08:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"I have no reason to fight monkeys. This lesson has no value." - Cord "Circle of Iron"

OfflineGoshAllMighty
Oh My Gosh!
Male User Gallery

Loc: °360
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: deCypher] * 2
    #12030244 - 02/14/10 08:28 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
--Oscar Wilde

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
But on earth indifference is the least
We have to dread from man or beast.

How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return?
If equal affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me.

Admirer as I think I am
Of stars that do not give a damn,
I cannot, now I see them, say
I missed one terribly all day.

Were all stars to disappear or die,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
And feel its total dark sublime,
Though this might take me a little time.

— W.H. Auden

--------------------

Perception is delicious.

OfflineDJ_avocado
SardinoBambino
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawai'i, USA Flag
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: GoshAllMighty] * 1
    #12030418 - 02/14/10 09:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

GoshAllMighty you love donuts.  that was a beautiful poem.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: DJ_avocado] * 2
    #12049348 - 02/17/10 06:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

--------------------

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: deCypher] * 2
    #12049376 - 02/17/10 06:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

“I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamed of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?” - Zhuangzi

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds