Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBavet
Sensitive StonedRebel

Friends Oyster growing
    #1192316 - 01/05/03 12:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

WELL I'VE GOT THE NEW HUMIDIFIER GOING AND MADE A NICE NEAT LITTLE CHAMBER FOR 12 HOURS LIGHT AND 12 HOURS DARK. STILL NO CHANGE EVEN THO THE HUMIDITY HAS GONE UP TO ABOUT 75 -85 %.

I FEEL AS THO I'VE FAILED. I KEEP TRYING TO CALL THE CO I STARTED WITH, (THE ONE THAT SAID THEY'D BE THERE FOR ME). THEY HAVEN'T ASWERED THE PHONE FOR OVER TWO WEEKS. I'M NOT TAKING THIS AS A COLD SHOULDER FROM THEM, BUT RATHER THEY ARE PROBABLY ON VACATION AND THIS IS PROBABLY THE OFF SEASON.

AS FAR AS THE SHROOMS GO, I CAN NOW SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF A COMPLETELY ENCLOSED CHAMBER OR GROWING ROOM. STILL I WON'T GO INTO FULL PRODUCTION UNTIL I GET FIVE TEST BAGS TO SUCCEED.

I SEE MY POSSIBLE ERRORS ON THE FIRST TEST AS THE FOLLOWING: THE STRAW MUST BE CHOPPED BETTER SO THAT THE SPAWN CAN INTERACT BETTER WITH THE ENDS. THE BAGS ARE PROBABLY PACKED TOO TIGHTLY. THE GROWING ROOM I BUILD MUST BE MORE CONTROLLABLE. THE HUMIDITY MUST BE 90% OR BETTER???

ALL THOSE OBSERVATIONS HAVE GOTTEN ME TO THIS POINT WHERE I AM WATCHING NO NEW GROWTH AFTER ABOUT 20 DAYS, EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THE BAGS ARE TURNING WHITER. I AM ALSO PLEASED WITH THE PASTURZATION PROCESS, SEEING THAT I HAVE NO MOLD GROWTH AT ALL.

CAN YOU THINK OF ANYTHING I CAN DO TH MAKE THESE THINGS COME TO LIFE?

WELL, TALK TO ME.

LATER

D.

His bags are pretty much all white n mature. He can't get them to fruit. Any Ideas? He has 5 bags hanging in his apartment.

--------------------
"~Dream as if you'll live forever....live as if you'll die today~ James Dean"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

Loc: great white north
Re: Friends Oyster growing [Re: Bavet]
    #1192917 - 01/05/03 04:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

why are you SHOUTING?

Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

Loc: great white north
Re: Friends Oyster growing [Re: shaggymane]
    #1192932 - 01/05/03 04:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

AS FAR AS THE SHROOMS GO, I CAN NOW SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF A COMPLETELY ENCLOSED CHAMBER OR GROWING ROOM. STILL I WON'T GO INTO FULL PRODUCTION UNTIL I GET FIVE TEST BAGS TO SUCCEED.
________________________________________________________________-
I grow mine in a barn I just spray them alot
___________________________________________--
do you have air exchange?

InvisibleMushMushi
Loc: Canada
Re: Friends Oyster growing [Re: shaggymane]
    #1193024 - 01/05/03 05:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

why are you SHOUTING? 

I think he received an email/message from his friend, so he is not the one to blame. (more or less)  :grin:

So, if I understand what he said, he has bags with mycelium in his appartment?
Did he poked the bags with a needle/knife? How about the light?
:grin: 

Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
    #1193559 - 01/05/03 07:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

CAN YOU PLEASE LOSE THE CAPS? THANK YOU :wink:

-psy

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Offlinefalcon
In the green

Trusted Cultivator
    #1194748 - 01/06/03 01:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

as shaggymane said try misting, air exchange. what tempature is important too.

--------------------
Keep growing.

OfflineBavet
Sensitive StonedRebel

Re: Friends Oyster growing [Re: falcon]
    #1200375 - 01/08/03 11:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This is a follow up: Sorry about the caps but thats how I recived it and i can't figure out how to change it so it's not all caps, I spent too much time triing to figure that out so just bare with it. I hope it helps someone. After doing this he now has lots of pin heads and his first shrooms growing through the bag.

Any info on how the light should be with oysters? What type to use?

NOW, THE MUSHROOMS. FIRST LET ME SAY THAT I APPRECIATE THE RESEARCH YOU'VE DONE ON MY BEHALF. I PRINTED OUT A COPY OF JOHN CORBIN'S INSTRUCTIONAL. THANKS VERY MUCH.

I FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF MY GUY IN OHIO. I RELATED TO HIM WHAT I HAVE AND HE KNEW IMMEDIATELY WHAT TO DO. THE PROBLEM IS THEY WERE TOO DRY. THE LITTLE WHITE PINS THAT I DESCRIBED AS ANTENNAS WERE ACTUALLY MUSHROOMS GROWING WITH NO MOISTURE.

THE SOLUTION, CUT A SMALL VERTICLE HOLE AT THE TOP OF THE BAG AND DUMP IN A QUART OF WATER. REPEAT THIS AGAIN IN TWO DAYS. ALSO, ADD HOLES TO THE BAG.

WELL TODAY I ADDED WATER AND MORE NAIL HOLES. NELSON TELLS ME I'LL HAVE MUSHROOMS BY THIS WEEKEND!! I'M REALLY HAPPY ABOUT THAT. I'VE BEEN WORRING ABOUT IT WAY TOO MUCH LATELY. I'M LEARNING FOR SURE!

ABOUT THE RESPONSE THAT SAID THE BARN WORKS OK, I AGREE, FOR SOME APPLICATIONS, LIKE DOWN SOUTH WHERE IT'S WARM OR FOR YOUR OWN TABLE. I DISAGREE FOR BIG TIME PRODUCTION.

THE SHROOMS I PRODUCE MUST BE BUG AND MOLD FREE. I CAN'T GUARANTY THAT OUTSIDE OF A CONTROLLED, INSULATED GROWING ROOM. I CURRENTLY HAVE THEM IN A TENT OF SORTS. ALL PLASTIC OVER MY SOFA, ALLOWING JUST ENOUGH LIGHT FOR 12 HOURS A DAY. I'VE GOT MY HUMIDITY UP TO 80-85%. NELSON SAYS DONT WORRY ABOUT THE HUMIDITY. JUST GIVE THEM WATER INSTEAD.

NELSON DOES AGREE WITH YOUR RESONDANT ON PLACES TO GROW THEM THO. HE SAYS BASEMENTS, ATTICS, CARPORTS, BARNS, SPARE ROOMS, ETC, ETC.

IF THESE FIVE TEST BAGS WORK OUT OK, I THINK MY FIRST CROP OF FIFTY WILL BE IN A PLASTIC ENCLOSED STRUCTURE IN MY LIVING ROOM. (I'LL MOVE INTO THE OFFICE FOR A LIVING AREA). I THINK I ONLY WANT TO DO ONE THIS COMING YEAR, AND THEN IN 2004, GO NUTS.

I'VE GOT TO BUILD SOME STUFF TOO. LIKE THE FOLLOWING:

A 55 GALLON DRUM WITH HEAT UNDER IT TO STERILIZE THE STRAW. (IF I DO THAT IN WARM WEATHER, I MUST DO IT IN A BUG FREE ROOM). HMMM??

I ALSO NEED TO PICK UP A MOWER W/BAG ATTACHMENT, OR A MULCHER.

I NEED A 4 X 4 TABLE THAT IS LAYERED AS FOLLOWS. WINDOW SCREEN, 2 INCHES OF SPACE, HARDWARE CLOTH (1/2 INCH HOLES), 6 INCH SIDES, WITH A WINDOW SCREEN COVER. THIS WILL ALLOW THE STERILIZED STRAW TO COOL AND DRY WITHOUT CONTAMINATION BY BUGS.

THE OTHER 1/2 OF THE TABLE SHOULD BE A FLAT CLEANABLE PLASTIC SURFACE WITH THE SAME 6 INCH SIDES. THIS WOULD BE TO MIX THE SPAWN WITH THE STRAW AND A BAG STUFFING SIGHT.

THEN THE BAGS HAVE TO LIVE IN HIGH HEAT AND HUMIDITY AND TOTAL DARKNESS FOR TWO WEEKS.

THEN I CAN HANG THEM WITH AN ECLOSED RACK SYSTEM. IN THAT SYSTEM, EACH DAY THE CROP WILL MOVE OVER FROM ONE SIDE OF THE ROOM TO THE OTHER. THAT WAY THERE WILL ALWAYS BE JUST ONE ROTATING ISLE WHICH WILL BE USED TO REACH ALL BAGS. 'MAKE SENSE?

I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN TO DRYING TECHNIQUES OR SHIPPING YET.

SO THAT'S WHERE I AM SO FAR.

HOW BOUT YOU? YOU SAY YOU HAVE YOURS STERILIZED AND GROWING ALREADY? LET ME KNOW WHEN SAMPLE TIME COMES. BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU MAKE THE TEA, (WHICH IS THE BEST WAY TO CONSUME YOUR TYPE). DO NOT BOIL!! IF YOU DO, YOU WILL LOSE THE SILLY IN THE SIBEN. IF I RECALL RIGHT, (AND YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW THIS, THE RIGHT TEMPERATURE FOR STEWING IS 110- 150???). WITH THE COVER ON OF COURSE.

IF I RECALL RIGHT, THE TEA IS MAGNIFICENT!! AVOID ALL CARS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ABOUT 48 HOURS. YOU WILL BECOME A HUMAN RUBBERBAND.

SAVE ME SOME.

THANKS FOR USE OF YOUR GROWING BOOK. I'VE BEEN READING IT EVERYDAY. BEATS TV.

WELL E BACK & YACK.

D.

--------------------
"~Dream as if you'll live forever....live as if you'll die today~ James Dean"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms