Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebitepourrie
Mr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Concepcion Tarlac Philipp...
Re: Paddy Straw--Volvariella volvacea [Re: sparkle]
    #16593804 - 07/26/12 04:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hi sparkle the speed is of no importance.All healthy volvariella are almost at the same speedincreasing the te speed of developpment of mycelia in agar plates or grain is mostly done by adding growth hormones. The importance is to have thick riz strands, fluffy mycelium in volva gives no fruitbodies or very few and small ones. Addionally look at the site of Anonbiotech in Thailand , its frequently mentionned he use supplements to produce plentyfull pinning. The importance is the number and size of fruitbodies.Volva is a very fast mushroom the slightest shortfall in nutrients during the growing phase will affect severely the end result

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBJML
V. Volvacea Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Java, Indonesia Flag
Re: Paddy Straw--Volvariella volvacea [Re: bitepourrie]
    #16595101 - 07/26/12 07:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bitepourrie said:
Hi sparkle the speed is of no importance.All healthy volvariella are almost at the same speedincreasing the te speed of developpment of mycelia in agar plates or grain is mostly done by adding growth hormones. The importance is to have thick riz strands, fluffy mycelium in volva gives no fruitbodies or very few and small ones. Addionally look at the site of Anonbiotech in Thailand , its frequently mentionned he use supplements to produce plentyfull pinning. The importance is the number and size of fruitbodies.Volva is a very fast mushroom the slightest shortfall in nutrients during the growing phase will affect severely the end result

I do agree with you. based on my experience and so anonbiotech's to get jumbo mushroom, full of nutrition (supplements) in VV's growing media and the spore quality is important. We need the harvest quantity to fullfill the market demand, not the speed of micellia growth. 
I think, High quantity in slower growing periode is better than quick but produce low quantity. As a farmer, the speed in growing not a problem at all.

OfflineDuimoc
familiar
Male

Loc: Việt Nam
Re: Paddy Straw--Volvariella volvacea [Re: BJML]
    #16604443 - 07/28/12 06:49 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

many useful infomation.
the next time, I 'll come Thailand to look for how do they growth it
but I think with AnonBiotec, that is Volvariella bombicina strain

--------------------
Wish list:
1. Paria cocos  ...

Edited by Duimoc (07/28/12 06:56 AM)

Offlinebitepourrie
Mr
Male User Gallery

Re: Paddy Straw--Volvariella volvacea [Re: Duimoc]
    #16607041 - 07/28/12 04:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Duim i correspond with the people from Anon its a Volvariella volvacea no bomb around there

OfflineBJML
V. Volvacea Farmer
Male User Gallery

#16613959 - 07/29/12 10:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Duimoc said:
the next time, I 'll come Thailand to look for how do they growth it
but I think with AnonBiotec

after you visit Thailand, perhaps you can visit my farm in Indonesia guys.. eventhough anon and BJML have no work relation, but we have the same purpose, that is increasing the harvest quantity

Invisiblesparkle
Farmer
Female User Gallery

Loc: Philippines Flag
    #16614239 - 07/29/12 11:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

There must be some variations between strains. I just want to take this opportunity to look for a really "good" strain, whatever that would mean because there are so many VV's around here. It might be of interest to you guys the way they grow it here. No spawn, no spores but they harvest every time. Spawnless Volvariella Cultivation Mung bean hull must be perfect for VV.

Offlinebitepourrie
Mr
Male User Gallery

#16614357 - 07/30/12 12:02 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah try it sparkle, i know the guy who promoted it, its a worker from the university of laguna and now in tarlac, take the agricultural magazines from some time ago several articles about mushroom growing. Went there only to find about a hundred bags rotten substrate plenty with green molds .... fake.Just for demonstration  and when i asked about the 300participants ... only 2 left in misery. and he indeed harvested on a bed of approximatively 1,200 kg end substrate approximatively 30 kg mushroom. I cannot have a commercial viable farm under 35 pct biological efficiency. I also tried to cooperative with the new mushroom center in tarlac with the microbiologist Soriano, she delivered me 10 bags of spawn of Volvariella 9 were contaminated with green mold.
Whats true is that end substrate with kawate and ipil leaves give much better result them pure rice straw

OfflineDuimoc
familiar
Male

#16614884 - 07/30/12 03:42 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Oh ... I see on Anon. they tell me that 's a V.v strains :blush:
They used produces, too: KAT 301, KAT 901 ...

In my country. has no this trains. with [BJML] : you have a good strain. I visited your web, too.

Im trying growth V.v, additional other component: hormon, Oyster extracts, herb extracts ...  the size of V.v has no change, but with herb extracts, some of them, if I add in compost - the insect will go away, no maggots.
the last week, there were the agricutural diplomatic corps of Indonesia, they came and visit my organ. I askes about the growing mushroom in Indonesia - their answer were verry common. I think they dont care about mushroom or my guest does not know it.

Anonbiotec sold this mushroom with 70 USD price. anyone can contact to buy this strain for growth own. (but add component of Anon or equivalent)

--------------------
Wish list:
1. Paria cocos  ...

Edited by Duimoc (07/30/12 03:54 AM)

Offlinebitepourrie
Mr
Male User Gallery

#16614933 - 07/30/12 04:13 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah Duim now you understand that  commercial mushroom cultivation is very closed business with many secrets until you got some succes.
Unfortunatly my strain i got last year was destroyed in an electicity  mishap where all my termostat were overloaded and burned. But i am on the new track to make it better.There is no feasable viable cultivation of Volvariella volvacea without enhancing techniques with added supplement. Their KAT from anon are such supplements.

Invisiblesparkle
Farmer
Female User Gallery

#16615104 - 07/30/12 06:02 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

It does work here in this part of the country. Almost every other household has a VV patch on mung hull and they're giants. Can't make it commercial since the market is a problem, will post pics soon.

OfflineDuimoc
familiar
Male

#16615353 - 07/30/12 08:05 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

ok
agree with you.

--------------------
Wish list:
1. Paria cocos  ...

Invisiblesparkle
Farmer
Female User Gallery

#16617100 - 07/30/12 03:15 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Our town is called the mungbean capital of the Philippines. Mung bean harvest season ended about a month ago here. I'm curious about this spawnless mushroom production so I got about 12 sacks of hull from a roadside mound. But I got too busy and I forgot about it. Yesterday there was a giant VV poking out of a hole in the bag. So I poured the hulls and there were lots of VV eggs and rotten mushrooms. There's  still a lot of healthy mycellia so I'm hoping it's not too late yet.

OfflineBJML
V. Volvacea Farmer
Male User Gallery

#16620133 - 07/31/12 01:12 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Duimoc said:

In my country. has no this trains. with [BJML] : you have a good strain. I visited your web, too.

the last week, there were the agricutural diplomatic corps of Indonesia, they came and visit my organ. I askes about the growing mushroom in Indonesia - their answer were verry common. I think they dont care about mushroom or my guest does not know it.

Thank's for visiting my web Duimoc.

Yeah you're right about those indonesian idiot diplomatic agricultural teams. They always traveling to some places specially abroad to get much trip money for themself, they blind about numerous local mushroom farmers in Indonesia who needs their support specially market. Base on my opinion, they should find us export market for blanching VV.

that's why i joint this group to show that mushroom farming in indonesia is here with you guys from over the world.

I believe, each farmer over the world has own unique VV's growing techniques.

Offlinebitepourrie
Mr
Male User Gallery

#16620244 - 07/31/12 01:53 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thats the problem with Volvariella marketing very short shelf life.Only selected strains offer somewhat better shelf life but still need to be sold with 48 hours. For home use for one household its OK but to sell by the Tons is very difficult.An alternative is drying(like the Chinese do) or canning
Yes support for local mushroom farmers is non existant here

OfflineOICU812
NC Tree Farm owner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foothills of NC Flag
    #16626597 - 08/01/12 05:58 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sparkle said:
Our town is called the mungbean capital of the Philippines. Mung bean harvest season ended about a month ago here. I'm curious about this spawnless mushroom production so I got about 12 sacks of hull from a roadside mound. But I got too busy and I forgot about it. Yesterday there was a giant VV poking out of a hole in the bag. So I poured the hulls and there were lots of VV eggs and rotten mushrooms. There's  still a lot of healthy mycellia so I'm hoping it's not too late yet.

Go for it, sparkle!  Did you inoculate the bag or were they fruiting spontaneously?

--------------------
--------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" --Benjamin Franklin

"Those who give up liberty for security won't have, or deserve, either.". . . Benjamin Franklin
----> Read: The Fight of our Lives - Defeating the Ideological War Against the West - by Victor Davis Hanson

Invisiblepackdee58
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Saraburi, Thailand
    #16950556 - 10/02/12 08:00 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Duimoc said:

Im trying growth V.v, additional other component: hormon, Oyster extracts, herb extracts ...  the size of V.v has no change, but with herb extracts, some of them, if I add in compost - the insect will go away, no maggots.

Anonbiotec sold this mushroom with 70 USD price. anyone can contact to buy this strain for growth own. (but add component of Anon or equivalent)

Hello Duimoc
It is very easy to make straw mushroom big.
I only use a close up lens and a known background.

@Bitepourrie, I am going to clone this one for you.

--------------------

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Paddy Straw--Volvariella volvacea [Re: packdee58]
    #16950580 - 10/02/12 08:09 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Very nice eggs.

I read of how people like to harvest them in the egg stage, as they
are the most edible then.

The egg "shell" ;0) has to be peeled off before cooking, right?

It does not seem that tender to me.

Just curious.

Take care all,

JD

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Invisiblesparkle
Farmer
Female User Gallery

Re: Paddy Straw--Volvariella volvacea [Re: Javadog]
    #16951862 - 10/02/12 01:23 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

That's funny Packadee.
JD, here it's eaten at egg stage only. When it sporulates, the spores are actually discernible to the tongue and quite unpleasant. And no you don't peel it. The skin is another texture altogether but not tough.

Offlinebitepourrie
Mr
Male User Gallery

#16952713 - 10/02/12 03:29 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The Indonesian volvariella are not volvacea but diplasia, more witish and bigger.
Who peels straw mushroom  lol??? We eat them like we harvest them and open we eat them after the spores are gone.

OfflineTerry M
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male

Loc: Rhode Island
    #16953265 - 10/02/12 04:49 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bitepourrie said:
The Indonesian volvariella are not volvacea but diplasia, more witish and bigger.
Who peels straw mushroom  lol??? We eat them like we harvest them and open we eat them after the spores are gone.

Wow!
Now I have to find a paper or a key so that I, an inexperienced Volvariella person, can tell the difference!

--------------------
Liberté, égalité, humidité.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract