Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | Next > | Last >
OfflineVajrabhairava
Stranger

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #27317785 - 05/21/21 04:43 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Something like:
"There is no dharma outside the heart, or anything to find inside.
So what are you looking for??"

-Rinzai Gigen / Linji Yixuan, died in 866

Better known for "If You Meet the Buddha on the Road..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMilk-away
'Mmkay fortyseven
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #27320689 - 05/24/21 12:21 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Asante, your quote is wonderful,
sounds exactly like something from ZhuangZhi,

With the vulgarity and ordinary aspects of common life being the object of enlightenment.
:awesome2:

--------------------
...Let go...

Invisiblemt cleverest
clevendafodil

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Milk-away] * 1
    #27403998 - 07/27/21 08:48 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: mt cleverest] * 2
    #27414247 - 08/04/21 01:43 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

God said: "You never met anyone who wasn't Me."

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Asante]
    #27416339 - 08/06/21 03:22 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

God is a verb. Not a personal pronoun.

God is something you do. Not someone to talk to.

Invisiblepablokabute
Hari ng Amag
 User Gallery

Loc: rural ghetto
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #27416433 - 08/06/21 07:14 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Aum Namo Gurudev Namo

--------------------

Fermented Mushrooms!!
--- https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23378638/fpart/1/vc/1

'The second seal: “All CONTAMINATED things and events are unsatisfactory.”'

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all - you live in THE HEART OF THE BEAST."

--Anonymous Guerilla, or is he..

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #27417183 - 08/06/21 05:10 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
God is a verb. Not a personal pronoun.

God is something you do. Not someone to talk to.

You misunderstand that one. That part of you which is God can have elaborate conversation with the part of you that personifies this organism.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinePainkiller
sane
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Asante] * 2
    #27424528 - 08/11/21 07:05 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

I really like the lyrics from the Dimmu Borgir song I Am Soverign:

"What we really seek is not here
But on the other side of fear"

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Painkiller] * 1
    #27425589 - 08/12/21 03:55 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Dimmu Borgir sings a lot about the other side.  From Interdimensional Summit:

When the dust settles on the tavern
Is when we're liberated from illusion
Taking our first and final breath
Realizing life is always after death

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Forrester]
    #27428736 - 08/15/21 04:41 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Just posting to see future quotes, sorry nothing comes to mind right now

Really my only exposure to spirituality was reading siddhartha by herman hesse like 10 times in my early 20's. Now a friend from work showed me some matt kahn videos and its reignited my interest in it. Any other good spiritual lecture givers you'd recommend?

Edited by Psilosopherr (08/15/21 08:42 PM)

Invisiblepablokabute
Hari ng Amag
 User Gallery

Loc: rural ghetto
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Forrester] * 1
    #27429581 - 08/15/21 08:03 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
Dimmu Borgir sings a lot about the other side.  From Interdimensional Summit:

When the dust settles on the tavern
Is when we're liberated from illusion
Taking our first and final breath
Realizing life is always after death

When the dust settles in the SAB
Thats when you make transfers

xD

--------------------

Fermented Mushrooms!!
--- https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23378638/fpart/1/vc/1

'The second seal: “All CONTAMINATED things and events are unsatisfactory.”'

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all - you live in THE HEART OF THE BEAST."

--Anonymous Guerilla, or is he..

Invisiblemt cleverest
clevendafodil

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: pablokabute] * 2
    #27430028 - 08/16/21 08:57 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

"I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For all creation waits in eager expectation for the revealing of the sons of God." Romans 8:18-19

Invisiblespinvis
Stranger

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: mt cleverest]
    #27468946 - 09/15/21 05:34 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Inner Worlds Outer Worlds;

"When the Buddha was asked: 'What are you?'
He said simply: 'I am awake.'
What does this mean, to be awake?
The Buddha does not say exactly, because the flowering of each individual life is different.
But he does say one thing; 'It is the end of suffering.'"

"Like a dog chasing it's tail, it is only the ego identity that wants to find an answer, a purpose.
The truth of who you are does not need an answer, because all questions are created by the egoic mind.
You are not your mind.
The truth lies not in more answers but in less questions."

"In the Buddhist tradition the bodhisattva is a person with an awakened Buddha nature.
A bodhisattva vows to help to awaken every being in the universe, realizing that there is only one consciousness.
To awaken ones true self, one must awaken all beings.
There are innumerable sentient beings in the universe, I vow to help them all to awaken.
My imperfections are inexhaustible, I vow to overcome them all.
The Dharma is unknowable, I vow to know it.
The way to awakening is unobtainable, I vow to attain it."

Meister Eckhart;

"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love."

Luke 11:34;

"The lamp of the body is your eye; when therefore your eye is clear your whole body shall be illuminated"

Matthew 6:22;

"But the lamp of the body is the eye; therefore if your eye shall be sound, your whole body also will be illuminated."

Socrates;

"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher."

Mark 4:10-29;

But when they were by themselves, those twelve who were with him inquired of him about that parable.
Yeshua said to them, “It has been given to you to know the secrets of the Kingdom of God, but to outsiders, everything has been in parables,”
“So that seeing they shall see and not see, and hearing they shall hear and they shall not understand, unless perhaps they shall be converted and their sins shall be forgiven them.”

He said to them, “Do you not know this parable? How shall you know all the parables?”
“The sower, who sowed, sowed the word.”
“But these upon the side of the road are those who have the word sown in them, and when they have heard, immediately Satan comes and takes the word away that was sown in their hearts.”
“And those that were sown upon the rock are those who when they have heard the word immediately receive it with joy.”
“And they have no root in themselves, but they abide for a while, and when there is distress or persecution because of the word, they are soon subverted.”
“And those sown among the thorns are those who have heard the word,”
“And the cares of this world and the seductiveness of wealth and other desires are entering in and choking the word and it becomes unfruitful.”
“And they that were sown in the good ground are those who hear the word and receive and yield fruit, thirtyfold, sixtyfold and an hundred fold.”

And he said to them, “Does one bring a lamp to be put under a basket or under a bed? Should it not be put on a lampstand?”
“For there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed, and nothing secret that will not be discovered.”
“If a man has an ear to hear, let him hear.”
And he said to them, “Take heed what you hear; that measure in which you are measuring is measured to you, and it is increased to you who hear.”
For whoever has it, it shall be given to him; and whoever does not have it, from him shall be taken even that which he has.

And he said, “Thus is the Kingdom of God like a man who cast seed in the ground.”
“And he shall sleep and arise by night and by day and the seed grows and lengthens while he is unaware.”
“For the earth produces fruit itself; first shall be the blade and afterward the ear, then finally the full wheat in the ear.”
“But whenever the fruit ripens, immediately the sickle is brought because the harvest has arrived.”

John 18:36;

"Yeshua said to him, “My Kingdom is not from this world; if my Kingdom were of this world, my servants would be fighting that I would not have been delivered up to the Judeans, but now my Kingdom is not from here.”"

Luke 17:20-21;

"And when some of the Pharisees asked Yeshua, “When is the Kingdom of God coming”, he answered and he said to them, “The Kingdom of God does not come with what is observed.”
“Neither do they say, 'Behold, here it is!' and 'Behold, from here to there!', for behold, the Kingdom of God is within some of you.”"

The Gospel of Thomas - 1-3;

"And he said, "Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will not experience death."

Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All."

Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty.""

The Buddha's Way of Virtue - § XIII - THE WORLD - 174;

”Blinded are the men of this world; few there are who have eyes to see: few are the birds which escape the fowler's net; few are they who go to heaven.”

The Buddha's Way of Virtue - § XII - SELF - 164-165;

"Whoso fondly repudiates the teaching of the noble and virtuous Arahats, following false doctrine, is like the bamboo which bears fruit to its own destruction."

"Thou art brought low by the evil thou hast done thyself; by the evil thou hast left undone art thou purified. Purity and impurity are things of man's inmost self; no man can purify another."

The Buddha's Way of Virtue - § VIII - THE THOUSANDS - 104-105;
"Self-conquest is better than other victories: neither god nor demi-god, neither Mara nor Brahma, can undo the victory of such a one, who is self-controlled and always calm."

The Buddha's Way of Virtue - § VI - THE WISE MAN - 85;
"Few amongst men are they who reach the farther shore: the rest, a great multitude, stand only on the bank."

The Buddha's Way of Virtue - § II - ZEAL - 21;
"Zeal is the way to Nirvāna. Sloth is the day of death. The zealous die not: the slothful are as it were dead."

The Buddha's Way of Virtue - § I - THE TWIN TRUTHS - 19;
"If a man is a great preacher of the sacred text, but slothful and no doer of it, he is a hireling shepherd, who has no part in the flock."

Invisiblespinvis
Stranger

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: spinvis]
    #27469095 - 09/15/21 08:47 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Bulleh Shah;

"Yes, yes; you’ve read thousands of books but you’ve never tried to read your own self; you rush into your temples, into your mosques, but you have never tried to enter your own heart; futile are all your battles with the devil for you have never tried to fight your own desires."

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: spinvis] * 1
    #27470186 - 09/16/21 05:23 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblespinvis
Stranger

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Asante]
    #27470296 - 09/16/21 08:02 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

The Power of a Word
A Sufi Story

There is a story told that once a Sufi was healing a child that was ill. He was repeating a few words, and then gave the child to the parents saying, “Now he will be well.”

Someone who was antagonistic to this said to him, “How can it be possible that by a few words spoken, anyone can be healed?”

From a mild Sufi an angry answer is never expected, but this time he turned to the man and said, “You understand nothing about it. You are a fool.”

The man was very much offended. His face was red. He was hot. The Sufi said, “when a word has the power to make you hot and angry, why should not a word have the power to heal?”

Invisiblespinvis
Stranger

#27470306 - 09/16/21 08:09 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Jalāl ad-Dīn Mohammad Rūmī;

"You were born with potential. You were born with goodness and trust. You were born with ideals and dreams. You were born with greatness. You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don't. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly."

Sri Ramana Maharshi;

"Happiness is your nature. It is not wrong to desire it. What is wrong is seeking it outside when it is inside."

Invisiblespinvis
Stranger

#27475638 - 09/20/21 12:28 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Jiddu Krishnamurti;

"It is no measure of one's health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Samadhi - Maya - The Illusion of the Self;

"In the "Kalama Sutta", the Buddha said: 'In order to ascertain the truth, one must doubt all traditions, scriptures, teachings, and all the content of one's mind and senses.'"

Invisiblespinvis
Stranger

#27477666 - 09/22/21 01:06 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Psalm 46:10;
"Be still, and know that I am God"

Ramana Maharshi;
"To realize the Self is to be still."

Mirra Alfassa - The Mother;
"It is in the silence of your heart that the Divine will speak to you and will guide you and will lead you to your goal."

Lao Tzu;
"Empty yourself of everything. Let the mind rest at peace. The ten thousand things rise and fall while the Self watches their return. They grow and flourish and then return to the source. Returning to the source is stillness, which is the way of the Tao."

Bhagavad Gita;
"Compose yourself in stillness, draw your attention inward and devote your mind to the Self. The wisdom you seek lies within."

Eckhart Tolle;
"Your innermost sense of self, of who you are, is inseparable from stillness. It is the I Am that is deeper than name and form."

Meister Eckhart;
"Nothing in all creation is so like God as stillness."

Nisargadatta Maharaj;
"In the stillness of the mind I saw myself as I am: unbound."

Jalāl ad-Dīn Mohammad Rūmī;
"Let silence take you to the core of life."

Rabia Basri;
"You know of the how, but I know of the how-less."

Zhou Xuanjing;
"The secret of the receptive must be sought in stillness."

Jiddu Krishnamurti;
"The complete stillness of the brain is an extraordinary thing; it is highly sensitive, vigorous, fully alive, aware of every outward movement but utterly still."

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: spinvis] * 1
    #27477722 - 09/22/21 03:30 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:

Who would have thought that a bunch of drugged up shitheads could end up building wells in Africa?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies