Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemef1975
Stranger
Re: Growing methods and how much they yield... [Re: Shea25]
    #11898128 - 01/25/10 12:58 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shea25 said:
Experienced growers dont use the crap that you posted

An experience grower would realize that what I posted is similar to what they've used in the past.  For instance, one of the things I posted is a sterile bag of rye.  I imagine that some growers have grown mushrooms in such a way.  Another thing I posted involves the casing method.  If you could please move past your prejudices towards kits and look more at what's in the kit, we could have an intelligent discussion, please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebardleyrichard
My Keyboard Got Damaged
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Growing methods and how much they yield... [Re: mef1975]
    #11898138 - 01/25/10 12:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mef1975 said:
Come on guys, seriously, read the question.

All those links you posted are just things you can in a store but packaged together and priced like 3 times more.
Why would you expect anybody to answer your questions with, ahh yes use the "fruiting chamber with filter, a water incubator with heater and analog thermometer, 2 quarts of perlite and 12 pre-sterilized substrate jars." that costs A HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS when you can make a Fruiting Chamber for $8, perlite for $4.50 (a lot more than you need, too), 12 jars for $8.50, BRF for $1.50 (alot more than you need), Verm for $3.50 (also a lot more than you need). So 8+4.50+8.50+1.50+3.50=$26

So it's about 4 times as much
:megacrankey:

--------------------
I find myself yearning for clouds returning, all that the rain promises, and more...

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#11898139 - 01/25/10 12:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

each of those kits is a piece of shit.
i grow ounces per mono tub and i have never used a kit in my life.
you're not going to get a pound of mushrooms from any of those.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

InvisibleGrean
grean
Male

Loc: Gauteng, South Africa
    #11898145 - 01/25/10 01:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The particular question you asked can't be answered as easily as you think. If you haven't grown before any experienced cultivator/ mycologist would suggest always starting with the BRF/ PF Tek. it's a great way of learning the basics and great for better understanding how mushrooms grow. If you're looking for a large yeild I would just reccomend getting a decent amount of jars and progress from their as you learn. don't try and bite off more than you can chew, work your way up to the more difficult TEKs after mastering the PF TEK. As for the yeild from these cakes.. it all depends on what step you're going to take. example - if you're going to dunk and roll, what terrarium, what strain.

--------------------
:mushroom2:GREAN:mushroom2:

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11898152 - 01/25/10 01:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

First off casing is not needed secondly I have no Idea how much you will get from thoes pathetic kits. Secondly if you had any intelligence you would take peoples warnings about these kits. There a waste of money,learn how to make up some PF cakes if you cant do that then dont even get into this hobby.

I get around 10-13 grams dry from a single cake but not always

Edited by Shea25 (01/25/10 01:13 PM)

Offlinemef1975
Stranger
Re: Growing methods and how much they yield... [Re: hidekie80]
    #11898215 - 01/25/10 01:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I realize it depends on different factor
Quote:

hidekie80 said:
Your being too demanding. All they are going to tell you is to not buy kits.

This isn't about whether or not to buy kits.  This is about growing methods and the yields one can expect.  What is wrong with so many of you?  I was not pulling an attitude on anyone. If someone isn't respectful enough to read the question, or smart enough to understand the topic here, I must clarify, it's not an attitude I'm taking with anyone, so please, don't take offense, and stay on topic.

Like really, I just wanted to hear some experienced growers say something like, "Well, I could probably pull a couple ounces out of that stupid overcharged casing kit.  Which means that I could get half an ounce out of the rye bag." 

That's the kind of info I'm looking for here.  Thank you.

Edited by mef1975 (01/25/10 01:18 PM)

Offlineomnia
Universe Interpreter
Male

#11898223 - 01/25/10 01:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

a cake could be anywhere from 3.5-20 grams dry i have seen everything in between. on a normal cake you could expect 7-13 grams dry if you do it correctly

--------------------

Offlinehidekie80
Male

Re: Growing methods and how much they yield... [Re: omnia]
    #11898254 - 01/25/10 01:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I rated you 0 shrooms. These people are trying to help you save money. You should consider listening to them instead of getting mad at them for trying to help.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #11898274 - 01/25/10 01:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Quote:

mef1975 said:
You guys really should read the question before commenting.  You'll realize that I'm not wondering what method is best to start with. 
I'd like to hear experienced growers' opinions on how much each method yields.  So please, if you can't contribute in the sense that I'm looking for, just move on.  Thank you.

People have been trying to answer with courtesy and respect, but you don't like the answers. Your question is like asking how much weight you can haul in a red truck as compared to a blue or yellow truck, and then demanding people read the question before bringing up that there's different sized trucks, springs, etc. 

You're not to the point of growing large amounts yet, because you haven't learned the basics.  Study, learn, study some more, and then ask questions when you can do better than asking how much does each method yield, as if ANYONE can ever answer such nonsense.

I'm locking this before it becomes a flame fest.
RR

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale