Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSirEHShackleton
Asshole andproud of it
Loc: In bed with your girlfrie...
Purple = Potent???
    #1184372 - 01/02/03 06:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I've had a bunch of people who have never grown mushrooms sit there and try to tell me that the more bluish or purplish a mushroom is the more potent it is. From personal experience I find that my mushrooms only get that tint to them if I handle them when I first pick them. Now from all the stuff I've read it's my understanding that if you handle the mushrooms too much before they dry it can decrease the potency. So if that's the case wouldn't the opposite be true? The more of a bluish purplish tint the less potent they would be? So is there any truth to this or does it just depend on the strain of mushroom? I'm growing Koh Samui by the way.

--------------------
Ladies, I've got the Endurance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

Loc: in a dark corner
Re: Purple = Potent??? [Re: SirEHShackleton]
    #1184386 - 01/02/03 06:40 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I love it when people with no personal experience try to explain "facts" about mushrooms to me. I'm to the point now where I just say "yeah, whatever dude" and let them walk away looking like an idiot. In my experience, people will defend their false facts to the point of becoming angry.

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1184431 - 01/02/03 06:55 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

/me goes off to start intentionally bruising mushrooms so they become more potent.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineSirEHShackleton
Asshole andproud of it
Re: Purple = Potent??? [Re: KillerClown]
    #1184467 - 01/02/03 07:07 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Although as soon as I tell people I grow mushrooms as a hobby (well, more of a lifestyle) they usually shut up and listen to the voice of experience. Although I did have this one dude tell me he was walking along the street and found an empty baggy and he picked it up and there were spores left in it. He said he ate them and tripped from them. I tried to explain that spores contain no psychoactive compounds and if he tripped it wasn't spores he ate. He was having none of that so I just walked away. I did want to grab him by the neck and say "I know what I'm fucking talking about because I have a closet full of Rubbermaid containers with cakes fruiting inside of them!" But I didn't because the asshole has a history of getting busted for stupid shit and right away narcing on anyone he can to try to get out of trouble. Although a few weeks ago he just got worked over pretty good by some Hells Angels because he narced on one of them when he got pulled over with an 8 ball of coke. I think they beat the fuck out of him, broke his hand by stomping on it with a boot, and put a gun to his head and said if they ever hear of him narcing on anybody again he's a dead man. I haven't seen him ever since, I think he moved out of state.

--------------------

OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

#1184485 - 01/02/03 07:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, you can make an enemy out of someone really fast when you make them look like complete fucking idiots in front of their friends.

As for your narcing buddy, they should have shot him......Or maybe they did and that's why you haven't seen him.

OfflineSirEHShackleton
Asshole andproud of it
    #1184515 - 01/02/03 07:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

No, they just scared the fuck out of him, someone told me he's living with a relative out of state. Oh and he's not my buddy, he's jut some coke head alcoholic asshole I run in to from time to time. I don't associate myself with cops or people who do shit like that.

--------------------

OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

#1184519 - 01/02/03 07:23 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I don't associate myself with cops or people who do shit like that.

Good policy. I love it when people that deserve it are running scared...helps me sleep at night.

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
    #1185534 - 01/02/03 02:34 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hahah i fuckin hate it when i will tell someone i grow... they will automatically be like "out of cow shit"... and i'll be like i picked my shrooms and tripped "how many did you eat"... inexperience kinda pisses me off

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
    #1189505 - 01/04/03 05:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

here in my city, I collect and grow Psylocibes Cubensis.....and in fact, the more blue they are, harder they'll hit your head.....

I ain't saying you're wrong, not at all....but I've been around shrooms for a long time and that's what I have noticed....perhaps it's the climate or some shit like that....but each time I see a very blue "inside", I eat one and that's enough.....

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Purple = Potent??? [Re: marcosbj]
    #1189512 - 01/04/03 05:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

the blueing is a sign the psilocybin has degraded and oxidized so your perception of what is strong is not correct.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

#1189514 - 01/04/03 05:47 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

But yeah, I fucking hate when someone trys to teach how to make 2 + 2 to a math profesor....

Like the other day, at my house.....this guy came to me and told me he'd might grow some marijuana inside his closet....and then, he told me that 5 leaves were females while 7 were males......I explained him it was not like that, I showed him pictures, I went to Growroom.net (like overgrow, in portuguese) and showed him the FAQ, but he wouldn't listen to me.......God, I wanted to put his guts inside-out man.....

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Re: Purple = Potent??? [Re: Eightball]
    #1189521 - 01/04/03 05:53 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, I am aware of that...but let's think using your line:

psilocibin "mix" with O2 and becames blue, right?

so, if you have a little bit of psilocibin, you'd have a little bit of the "mix", right?

and if you have lots of it, you'll have more of the "mix", correct?

more mix, more blue color.....

That's just what I think....do you agree with that? If not, so how do you guys "see" the potency, so you can eat safetely?

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

Edited by marcosbj (01/04/03 05:58 AM)

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1189660 - 01/04/03 07:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

the psilocybin is gonna be located pretty much uniformly throughout the shroom so the more that is bluing means the more air has gotten in the shroom. caused by rough handeling and picking/breaking the stem.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1189809 - 01/04/03 08:40 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

lol just listen to him: blue/purple = the shroom isn't as potent as it used to be/could have been

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (01/04/03 08:57 AM)

OfflineAcursedRedDragon
Legacy ofBrutality
Loc: Opium Den
    #1189830 - 01/04/03 08:46 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

.......God, I wanted to put his guts inside-out man.....

I wanna do that to you cuz u wont listen...

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
    #1189883 - 01/04/03 09:07 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I cut all my shrooms in half when I harvest, it cuts drying time in half and they bruise heavily, although it may be a slight degradation, I do find water to lesson the potency and degrade the alkaloids more so then slight oxidization.
(IMO)
The faster I dry my shrooms the less alkaloid's get broken down by water.
Although I don?t believe it to make the mushroom more potent, it does not degrade the potency in any way to cut my mushrooms in half, if anything I believe it to have a preserving affect to dry them quickly.

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Edited by TeKn0 (01/04/03 09:08 AM)

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1190897 - 01/04/03 06:17 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Although as soon as I tell people I grow mushrooms as a hobby (well, more of a lifestyle) they usually shut up and listen to the voice of experience. Although I did have this one dude tell me he was walking along the street and found an empty baggy and he picked it up and there were spores left in it. He said he ate them and tripped from them. I tried to explain that spores contain no psychoactive compounds and if he tripped it wasn't spores he ate. He was having none of that so I just walked away. I did want to grab him by the neck and say "I know what I'm fucking talking about because I have a closet full of Rubbermaid containers with cakes fruiting inside of them!" But I didn't because the asshole has a history of getting busted for stupid shit and right away narcing on anyone he can to try to get out of trouble. Although a few weeks ago he just got worked over pretty good by some Hells Angels because he narced on one of them when he got pulled over with an 8 ball of coke. I think they beat the fuck out of him, broke his hand by stomping on it with a boot, and put a gun to his head and said if they ever hear of him narcing on anybody again he's a dead man. I haven't seen him ever since, I think he moved out of state.

good for him, the fuck deserves it.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
Re: Purple = Potent??? [Re: Sombie]
    #1191428 - 01/04/03 11:10 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yes people always do tend to have something incredibly invalid to say about mushrooms that they learned from meree myth, kinda sux u cant tell them that what you know is actually not from street lore, You can realy see how full of it someone is if mushrooms are ever brought up though, if they argue to death that blue mushrooms are more potent or one argument ive had is that red shrooms are poisonous or that 1grahm of dried shrooms is the same as 1grahm of fresh shrooms, "go ahead eat 1 grahm fresh sit here sober while im tripping on 30" if it where only that simple fuckers LOL

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Re: Purple = Potent??? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1191999 - 01/05/03 07:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

feel free to do so....at anytime you feel like doing it....
why do certain people cannot just talk :confused:

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1192047 - 01/05/03 07:57 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

what?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies