Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Resistant to Salvia?!?
    #1131821 - 12/11/02 06:56 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've done salvia about 5 times starting with a couple tokes of 10x extract and moving up.  I've never been able to completely "leave though".  My last experience was with a packed bowl of 10x.  I wanted to really feel something this time so i layed down in bed and started tokeing.  I'd take deep breaths, hold them for a long time exhale, and then without breathing in, take another big hit.  I finished the bowl in about 4-5 good tokes and could already feel a pull.  I felt an immense tingling coursing up my body growing ever stronger until it was a force pushing my to the left, at which point i asked my girlfriend if she noticed how gravity was pulling to the left.  She replied that gravity cannot pull to the left and i kind of "snapped out of it".  THe experience lasted only 2-4 minutes and all i had after was a slight buzz.....kinda like being stoned.  This experience doesnt striike me as the kind of intensity normaly associated with salvia of the 10x extract.  Although i have been somewhat reluctant to take another voyage.  I have a big fat water bong......would this be more appropriate for a more "intense trip">?  Or am i somhow resistant to its effects?  I would like to hear some feedback from all of you, including how to get the most from its effects and personal experiences.
All replies are greatly appreciated!! :grin:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Resistant to Salvia?!? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1134027 - 12/12/02 02:26 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

some people are salvia "hard heads" and have a hard time *breaking* through or may never break through.

but a couple things might help you: do you torch the living sh!t out of the leaf? you need to. i use a bic lighter, but i torch the crap out of the stuff, even after it's burnt to ashes, i keep torching the ashes. a bong might help, especially if you torch it really good. it will cool the smoke. but be ready to hand it off so you don't end up wearing bong water once you become a pole in a subway station and therefore have no arms. also, i found that complete quiet helped. even the rustling of a baggie would hold me on earth.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

#1134165 - 12/12/02 03:36 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well you felt somthing so thats pretty good,atleast your doing somthing right.I know people that just smoke salvia leaf just like pot and some don't even feel anything,even after I tell them exactly what to do,if they would have listened to me they probably would have tripped balls!
The best thing you can do is pack 2-3 hits worth of the 10X extract in your water bong,and take it all in very deeply with two bong hits,you need to remember to hold it in for 15-20 seconds minimum,I know people that hold their hits in for 40+ seconds and they trip hard everytime!
Another thing is even if all you have is a regualr lighter wich works fie and that all I use,just keep the flame right on the bowl the hole time,drawing the flame right down into the extract or leaf or what ever.If you have a good 10X extract I don't see how you woulden't have a psychedelic experiance,I mean I always atleast get realy get messed up even if I don;t see shit wich I normaly do,even with plain leaves,hell I haven't even tried the any extact yet the plain leaves have been strong enough!

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta
Re: Resistant to Salvia?!? [Re: livingsublime]
    #1134194 - 12/12/02 03:45 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I too have tried the 10x, 5x, and fresh leaves bought from a reputable online source. I have never broken into true salvia space either. I have tried using a torch lighter, a bic too. I hold my hits in for a looong time and have smoked out of all typical pot paraphenielia.
Everytime that I have gotten this shit, i get my friends all worked up about it, and every fucking time all we get is a slight "off" feeling which subsides totally in about 10 min. I've written to the manufacturer of the 10x and tried to get my money back even.
I honestly think that some people just never break through. I've even meditated on the salvia spirit to come to me and showed her my intentions.
The only thing is, I find it odd that 5 other people (my friends) have the same problem.
So, If you've never done it, go ahead and try but don't be surprised when you find out you've wasted your money. :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Resistant to Salvia?!? [Re: Bilge]
    #1134438 - 12/12/02 05:12 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting......
So it seems that monster tokes are needed as well as an enviornment free of distractions....
I might try with my bong in my room this weekend and see what happens...
mabye i'll just pack the last 1/2g of 10x in the bowl as hard as i can and toke the shit out of it!!  :crazy:
....mabye not...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

#1134459 - 12/12/02 05:18 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

well, that's what i do. maybe i'm going overboard, but it works for me.

--------------------

Offlinemoorhsum
SEED MASTER

Loc: N America
    #1134888 - 12/12/02 08:17 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I was like that at first. Then I found out what to do...Go get a nice bong with a BIG chamber. Next, make sure it's air tight so that there will only be pure thick salvia smoke inside it....Next, get a butane lighter.
Pack the shit outta your bowl, and sit down. Next, take a few deep breaths and pull on the bong as hard as you can (lighting it of course). Let the smoke in the bong sit around for a minut or so, and get concentrated...Now it's time for a blast.
Open the carb/slide/rush hole of the bong and suck as hard as you can...Hold your smoke for 15 seconds, exhale repeat until bowl is gone...
Then try to walk around...good luck.

--------------------
We are the counter-culturaly elite...

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Resistant to Salvia?!? [Re: moorhsum]
    #1137836 - 12/13/02 07:09 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for all the imput guys!!
Takeoff is scheduled for sunday....
I'll post results next week...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineELVICYBIN
Friend of Fungi
    #1141189 - 12/14/02 01:24 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The chemical inside Salvia has an extremely high vaproization temp. In order to get the proper effects I've found it is important to cook the SHIT out of it and take as much in as quick as possible. To this end you are correct in switching to a bong. I think this is the only way to take enough vapoized Savinorin-A before it cools back to a liquid and drops to the bottom. Also - try using a torch lighter, or windproof lighter. This has made a HUGE difference for me. Before using these techniques the first time. You may want to back off from the 10x. I get impressive results this way using 5x and 7x and even straight leaf. Lastly, make sure your source is reputable. You may not really be getting 10x.

Peace!

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Resistant to Salvia?!? [Re: ELVICYBIN]
    #1142303 - 12/15/02 04:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ya thats good advise.
Defently try it out of a bong,or just make a gravity bong,it is very easy to make and they work fucking awesome!
The gravity bong I made is a half gallon plastic milk jug,I cut the bottom off and and put this perfect fitting metal thing,it is steel and shaped like a huge bowl,put a screen in it and it fits perfectly inside the top of the mil jug,then I have a cooler wich is a little camping one it is probably 2-3 gallons don't realy know though.Then you just need to put the milk jug in the water fillled cooler,put shit in the bowl and light it and pull it up at the same time,usealy if you do it right the hits nock you on your ass!

Offlinereite
journeyman
    #1152477 - 12/18/02 03:33 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hi,

Tolerance will develop to this drug, and it will probably be cross tolerant with any of the other opioids, so if you use opioids you may need to increase your dose. However there shouldnt be any ceiling.

Has anyone who has used this experienced any sweating, or increased urination? Just curious as these are kappa effects. Its also interesting that kappa is long known to produce hallucinations with dysphoria (as opposed to euphoria with the other opiates), may be why some like it and some don't.

reite

--------------------
Imagine, your having a great day...

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Resistant to Salvia?!? [Re: reite]
    #1152722 - 12/18/02 05:20 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yes I have got a sweating effect a couple of time though usealy I don't notice it.
One of my friends I know I let try regualr leaf,he took 2 hits and held them in for like 40 seconds each,he tripped out for about 15 minutes,maybe even 20!
The major effects are uaely gone by 10 minutes and then after another 10 minutes you are back to baseline.
Well this guy that took the 2 hits came stumbling in the room I was in and he was asking me if you are sopose to sweat,I said some do and some don't.Then he asked me if he was still tripping,I was like dude why are you asking me,your the one who just smoked it,tell me are you tripping,and he was like ya,well alright then!
Then he comes back in 2-3 more times and ask the same exact question as before.

I realy don't like how people can't listen!
I tell them to sit or lay down after they smoke salvia and most of them do but some don't listen or just can't control themselfs.
I told this one big guy that wanted to try salvia to stay seated after smoking and he said ok.
The next thing I know he smokes 2 big bong hits and holds them in and starts tripping,we were in a big room with no lights on just a black light,well after a minute this guy that took the two bong hit comes walking out and we fallow him out.
I told him to sit down but he diden't hear or even know I was there,after ahile he reconized another guy and we finaly got him to sit down.People have to learn to listen!
Do you guys find it enjoyable to walk around in a dazed state after smoking salvia?
I don't think anyone should be doing this on purpose.
I find it best to stay seated or lay down after smoking,then I can be thrown into another world without worrying where I was walking to,because it is alot safer to be laying down when your not in reality anymore!

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Re: Resistant to Salvia?!? [Re: reite]
    #1153564 - 12/19/02 02:57 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Tolerance will develop to this drug, and it will probably be cross tolerant with any of the other opioids, so if you use opioids you may need to increase your dose. However there shouldnt be any ceiling.

are you talking about salvia??? most people experience a reverse tolerance, finding it takes less to go further each time. and salvia is certainly not an opioid. i'm confused.

--------------------

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #1158331 - 12/20/02 02:08 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yeah i'm pretty sure i've read that salvia has a reversed tolarence. (i can't spell :frown: 

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Resistant to Salvia?!? [Re: soylent_green]
    #1187703 - 01/03/03 11:20 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for all the replies guys! :grin:
So whats the deal with the tolerance?

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
    #1187770 - 01/03/03 12:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

So whats the deal with the tolerance?

Did you read this thread?

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Resistant to Salvia?!? [Re: Meph]
    #1187775 - 01/03/03 12:02 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

>>Did you read this thread?

hah!

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Resistant to Salvia?!? [Re: neuro]
    #1188522 - 01/03/03 05:54 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, one person says its cross tolerant with opiates, more say they "think" that its reverse tolerant.
Does anyone know for sure?

Oh, and great post neuro, like anyone gives a shit what you find funny, piss off and stop polluting the thread!

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1189367 - 01/04/03 04:13 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

>>Oh, and great post neuro, like anyone gives a shit what you find funny, piss off and stop polluting the thread!

what's your problem man?

I'll tell you, cross tolerance with opiates is untrue. I almost don't really believe the idea of reverse tolerance either. Reverse Tolerance ie. it takes less this dose than the dosage before to achieve the same desired effects. I believe this is as a result of breaking through, once people have been able to break through they have found the smoking an inordinate amount of leaves like before when they were trying to break through is unneccessary, now that they have been able to break through they can use less than their "trial dosage" of leaves the first few times. If you want to call it reverse tolerance than so be it, but I don't think it really is reverse tolerance in it's truest sense of phrase.

Opiate cross tolerance is not real, whoever said that doesn't know what they're talking about. Salvinorin A is not even anywhere close to being an opiate, there is no cross tolerance.

My suggestion is get a torch and a water bong or better yet a good gravity bong (a gb really set me off on it). A pipe or bowl won't work very well if at all and it's probably a pain to smoke. A torch lighter probably wouldn't be a bad idea, although i've never used one and still had very very good results.

As for pollution, it could be argued you polluted the forum since everything you ever wanted to know would be in the salvia faq. I mean seriously, calm down man.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1189387 - 01/04/03 04:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

It's all in the method, three large bowls of 10x smoked in the best possible fashion (ie a bong), inhaled deeply and held in for as long as possible should have almost anyone in hyper space....Use the bong!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order