Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Peat, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebassfrequences
shroomslovemusic
Male

Loc: france
Just cased, and maybe overmisted?
    #11870766 - 01/21/10 09:27 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

HI people, just cased 4 tubs of rye grain with peat verm limestone mix, which was sterilised yesterday with the proper water content. They are transparent tubs but theres no light in my incubator.
  To get to the point, I thought I should mist them before covering with foil and incubating, so I did so... about 30cm away with a fine mist (probably not important cos theres no myc coming through yet)
but I think I overdid it. So Ive just put em in the incubator without the foil on, to let it evaporate a little.
  My question is, is it really nessesary to mist straight after casing?
  Do you think I should let it evaporte till I guess by eye that the humidity of the casing is right, then put foil ontop which will stop loss of humidity?
  And when its time to fruit, when is the limit to misting casings?(think thats been answered somewhere else but hey)
thanks for anyones ideas on my silly questions lol

--------------------
Knowledge is nothing without skill. Skill is nothing without attitude and commitment. Our imagination is the limit

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Just cased, and maybe overmisted? [Re: bassfrequences]
    #11870784 - 01/21/10 09:38 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Your casing material should be at 'field capacity', and it won't need more water. Mist as needed once you birth it.
Also, you may see better results if you pasteurize your casing material vs sterilizing it.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleSillicybin
Loc: Flag
Re: Just cased, and maybe overmisted? [Re: Doc_T]
    #11870855 - 01/21/10 10:00 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Your casing material should be at 'field capacity', and it won't need more water. Mist as needed once you birth it.
Also, you may see better results if you pasteurize your casing material vs sterilizing it.

:thumbup:

Water content should be corrected as you add the pasteurized mixture to the container.

An overly wet casing layer has a good chance of contaminating.  The extra moisture slows down growth and suffocates the mycelium underneath.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Peat, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation