Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Incense, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Loc: in the mountains
My Set up whats goin on?
    #1186499 - 01/03/03 06:12 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ehh what can I do I make this pretty shelf thing here and now the humidity isnt staying above 85.
I know these pictures are bright but without the flash its too dark.

I dont know whatto do. I left it on all night and when I came to check its blowing out just air! Now I went and adjusted it and its spanking out mist like nothing else. I dont even know if I should trust this thing now. Someone help! :mad:

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:
http://cannanetics.com

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: My Set up whats goin on? [Re: wikedanjel]
    #1186511 - 01/03/03 06:19 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

needs to be more air tight probably. rubbermaid is your friend.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1186518 - 01/03/03 06:21 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

all I can say is that every ultrasonic I've used (6 or 7 or so) has been flakey (different brands too). Sometimes all you have to do is jostle them about a bit to make them work/stop working. I still use ultrasonics but couple it with perlite. That way if the ultrasonic (which is huimidity controlled to prevent over humidification) fails I still maintain humidity. Also, these flake-ass machines tend to work properly if switched on and off (ala timer), it seems they quit working after some amount of uptime as something backflows or something, hell I dunno why they quit, they just do.

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: My Set up whats goin on? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1186527 - 01/03/03 06:25 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

all I can say is that every ultrasonic I've used (6 or 7 or so) has been flakey (different brands too). Sometimes all you have to do is jostle them about a bit to make them work/stop working. I still use ultrasonics but couple it with perlite. That way if the ultrasonic (which is huimidity controlled to prevent over humidification) fails I still maintain humidity. Also, these flake-ass machines tend to work properly if switched on and off (ala timer), it seems they quit working after some amount of uptime as something backflows or something, hell I dunno why they quit, they just do.

Do you think that I should have it running outside of the chamber and have a hose running to the inside.

And that piece of plastic that is there closes to seal that little area up

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1186547 - 01/03/03 06:35 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not too sure on that 1. I have a humidity controlled one so it definitely goes inside so it can do humidity sensing. I have to somewhat shield the humidifier from the chamber since humidity guages in general suck after 85%. This way the chamber has higher humidity than the little area that houses the humidifer. If you pipe it in from outside you have the advantage of bringing in what should be fresh air (make sure you filter the humidifier's intake) and also not having to open the chamber to refill the reservoir. Either will will work, do what is best for your setup.

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

Loc: Surrounded by an electrom...
    #1186554 - 01/03/03 06:37 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Try adding a little perlite in some small containers around the inside of your shelves. Dude would cover the front with clear plastic so that everytime you checked on it you don't remove the humidity build up.

--------------------
Blaze

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My Set up whats goin on? [Re: Bilge]
    #1186558 - 01/03/03 06:38 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

to bilge:

any ultrasonic that is functioning will humdify the hell out of a smal enclosed area even if it's not very sealed. the rubbermaid is great if you want to grow them in there and fan and crap. for a shelf system that has "automated" air circulation the humidifier is the way to go, but oh, the joys of the intermittent ultrasonic.

to wicked: maybe considering moving to a cool mist humidifier that isn't all wiggy wiggy about running 24/7?

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
    #1186562 - 01/03/03 06:39 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I dont have it on a timer either, I guess Ill go and get one. Maybe thats the problem that sense I left it on for so long eventualy it starts blowing air and dries everything. Shit this sucks :mad:

--------------------

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1186574 - 01/03/03 06:41 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

all i do with my casings in a rubbermaid is pick them when they're ready and spray the casings when they are too dry. everything else is a bubbler on a timer.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
    #1186595 - 01/03/03 06:49 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I would change and buy a cool mist but I dont have the money and I cant return that one because I dont have the reciept hehe. Im going to se if I can put a/ or some cat litter trays with perlite on the bottom and see how that goes. I hope the cakes are going to be ok during all this mess GGRR :mad: 

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1186833 - 01/03/03 08:09 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It will only dry out your cakes if it is blowing directly on them.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: My Set up whats goin on? [Re: SixCee]
    #1186882 - 01/03/03 08:27 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It isnt blowing directly on the cakes. Its blowing tword a wall.

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1186909 - 01/03/03 08:39 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

you may wanna do a smoke test to see just how much air movement is going across your beds. too much and the moisture is just drifting away. watch for pockets of no air movement also.

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
    #1186914 - 01/03/03 08:40 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

How would I do that?

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1186945 - 01/03/03 08:52 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

well if you smoke (whatever that may be) just lightly blow a cloud onto a bed (this is with everything running). not a smoker? try incense (no cloud effect here). you want the smoke to sort of "creep" across the surface and make it's way off the bed within a minute or so. Think like a graveyard in the movies where the fog is moving about but slowly. You defniitely don't want the smoke to just stream off and you don't want for it to find little pockets to settle in either. It's not hard to get it right, just takes a little patience and experimenting with placement.

edit: i noticed your using pretty deep containers, this can really foul up your attempts to get good airflow. personally, I use shoe/sweater style containers (once fruited the caps are an inch or two above the top). You may want to consider cutting airflow holes in the sides of the containers, or get different containers, also took notice your doing cakes (ahh the joys of text-only surfing) and I really wouldn't have any idea how different this would be (in terms of airflow) from cased beds. For your seup the best airflow I could conceptualize would be the humidifier being piped into the chamber either at the top or from the bottom. whicherver way, place a small fan (not much CFM) blowing toward the humidifer's stream from the opposite side/end. e.g. the humidifier is on the floor and piped into chamber at bottom. Fan is inside chamber at ceiling pointed down and blowing towards the stream of humidity. vice versa if you wanted to pipe the humidity in from above. this creates a circulation becasue air would be pushed from the top down to the bottom where the humidity is coming in. that "vacuum" is replaced by air coming up and should carry the humidity collecting at the bottom with it. just an idea, experiment.

edit #2 (hate making a million posts): hrrm, those aren't as deep as I originally preceived. the pictures are a little tough for me to visualise, esp. since the ones I can see best are sideways :smile: BTW, just call me mr. parentheses :smile:

Edited by debianlinux (01/03/03 09:09 AM)

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

#1186974 - 01/03/03 09:04 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

maybe dry ice in water, but dude wouldnt use cig smoke or incense with fruiting containers in there.

--------------------
Blaze

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
    #1187092 - 01/03/03 09:44 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

well if you smoke (whatever that may be) just lightly blow a cloud onto a bed (this is with everything running). not a smoker? try incense (no cloud effect here). you want the smoke to sort of "creep" across the surface and make it's way off the bed within a minute or so. Think like a graveyard in the movies where the fog is moving about but slowly. You defniitely don't want the smoke to just stream off and you don't want for it to find little pockets to settle in either. It's not hard to get it right, just takes a little patience and experimenting with placement.

edit: i noticed your using pretty deep containers, this can really foul up your attempts to get good airflow. personally, I use shoe/sweater style containers (once fruited the caps are an inch or two above the top). You may want to consider cutting airflow holes in the sides of the containers, or get different containers, also took notice your doing cakes (ahh the joys of text-only surfing) and I really wouldn't have any idea how different this would be (in terms of airflow) from cased beds. For your seup the best airflow I could conceptualize would be the humidifier being piped into the chamber either at the top or from the bottom. whicherver way, place a small fan (not much CFM) blowing toward the humidifer's stream from the opposite side/end. e.g. the humidifier is on the floor and piped into chamber at bottom. Fan is inside chamber at ceiling pointed down and blowing towards the stream of humidity. vice versa if you wanted to pipe the humidity in from above. this creates a circulation becasue air would be pushed from the top down to the bottom where the humidity is coming in. that "vacuum" is replaced by air coming up and should carry the humidity collecting at the bottom with it. just an idea, experiment.

edit #2 (hate making a million posts): hrrm, those aren't as deep as I originally preceived. the pictures are a little tough for me to visualise, esp. since the ones I can see best are sideways :smile: BTW, just call me mr. parentheses :smile:

Im sorry but its kind of hard for my to visualize all this. Can you explain that again in a diffrent way because it sounds like a great way to get the humidity flowing here  :smile: thank you again

--------------------

OfflineRobbyrob
Cubensis seeker

Loc: Earth
    #1187215 - 01/03/03 10:24 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

dryice is an excellent way to create co2.. You can get it at publix for starters...
Just open the bag and let that badboy sit there.. Boom co2. just put it high as co2 is heavier than air and falls.. Also the coke company sells these little co2 containers....

peaec!

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: My Set up whats goin on? [Re: Robbyrob]
    #1187298 - 01/03/03 10:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Why is it everyone has a mushrooms rating but me lol :crazy: No dry ice for me right now.

--------------------

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

#1187326 - 01/03/03 10:52 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

There you go, just hit you with a 5 spot

--------------------
Blaze

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Incense, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation