Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMajor_Buzz
just like that

Loc: Left Bank
Re: Metaphysical Study [Re: Shroomism]
    #1189283 - 01/04/03 03:08 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I am interested in the number of us who have had or haven't had an Out of Body experience. So I am adding a poll to this thread.

Out of Body Experiences
I have never had a OBE, I don't believe in them
I have never had an OBE, but I remain open minded
I may have had one, but I was high at the time, so I may have been delusional
I have had at least one OBE

Thanks for your input.

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1190354 - 01/04/03 01:06 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

interesting results. Good poll.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Metaphysical Study [Re: Major_Buzz]
    #1190657 - 01/04/03 04:07 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I cannot say Iv'e had a full-blown OOB experience, but on 2 occasions I have been partially out of my body. It was very strange.

I'm going to have to do more chakra work to be able to attain a full-blown OOB.  :tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Invisiblemr crisper

#1191424 - 01/04/03 11:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hi shroomism
i voted for yo questions that were within my parameters....have a problem with the word 'believe' tho.

i'm amused by the number who believe in aliens but have yet to meet one, our resident debunkers are obviously slacking off a bit.
for such people i would suggest a few hours studying the subject of 'archetypes', your time will not be wasted. you will still be able to enjoy an anal probe or two, (ask for the spinal one, thats the best) but with an understanding of what is really going on, you will be in a position to reap greater knowledge and understanding from the experience.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
Re: Metaphysical Study [Re: mr crisper]
    #1197483 - 01/07/03 09:58 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

It would seem sir tokes alot is cloning himself....?
Faith and reason- doubt and belief ..strange concepts mmm.
how are we all the same yet different*? become enlightent daily(or nightly) yet are pulled back into reality??love feels so strong yet its just a rational explained chemical to help us evolve?..damn too many question marks.
how can I ponder it all see the TRUTH, lose it all , build it back up, doubt it again ..see the matrix that IS,hint beyond, understand letting go of pre judgements, ponder the writing of the greats,eat a mushroom see something KNeW?but where is reason in faith.. blind faith.or vice versa ( on something other than just the belief IN reason alone) It better be WELL WORTH IT! believing what you cant see, or prove that is.. science and logical reasoning are so very amazing, humanity building off its ancestors accomplishments, getting to a new millenia of AMAZING technology!
indeed we are great..
yet we all break..
and die..
and leave this world.
whether u admit it or not I have seen it in myself and others when the terror comes knocking u wont want to explain it..reason will abandon you.u will want it.uwill want to feel it again. so secure.. so pure ..so happy was the love , as a child, when u first met that perfect girl, when you beleived in a god of love..if only for a fleeting moment.
or maybe not.we are all the same yet different.

that is where I have been. and I believe.

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
    #1198520 - 01/07/03 04:17 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Life Orientation
  Service-To-Self
  Service-To-Others
  I am not ready to make such a big decision that would effect my life in such a way.

Wait a minute!  I was a little too quick to answer.  I picked "Service-To-Self" because of a long discussion on these boards a few weeks ago called "Is anything we do unselfish?":

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum11&Number=1149790&page=2&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=

I thought the answer was obvious based on that discussion, but when I noticed I was the only one that picked "Service-To-Self", I read the background more closely.

I'll have to agree with Phluck.  The poll is WAY biased!  :wink: 

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

InvisibleSpiffy
Defender of theGnomes

Loc: Next to your mom
Re: Metaphysical Study [Re: Phluck]
    #1201865 - 01/08/03 04:59 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

No offense, but it doesn't really seem like you were trying that hard... if someone believed there were no aliens at all they would have to click on this:
"No, aliens don't exist... we are alone in this Universe (with 60 billion stars in the milky way and billions of galaxies)"

Quote:

He was giving background facts that were related to the question... is that biased?

Quote:

He didn't give any background facts on believing in aliens, such as "there's absolutely no evidence".

I agree that the no option on the Alien poll may be a bit sarcastic, but you have to keep in mind who Shroomism is and what he belives in. He did clearly say that you could make your own poll. Why not do that and include your thoughts on the subject? Also, just as you quote evidence on why Aliens don't exist, there IS in fact, lots of evidents suggesting they do. That is why it becomes a debate so often.

*edited to avoid lengthy and annoying debate

--------------------
Namaste: "I honour that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you,
there is only one of us."

Edited by Spiffy (01/08/03 05:06 PM)

Offlinecomario2
amateur

Loc: between places
Re: Metaphysical Study [Re: Major_Buzz]
    #1203671 - 01/09/03 08:05 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hum, 70% have had OBEs? wow, that's a high number! major buzz, i'm with you, this is key: if one can actually prove an OBE, then it comes real close to proving that the soul/consciousness exist separately from the body/brain. as you know, western science believes that consciousness is a product of the physical body/brain, so that when this dies, there's nothing left (no soul). on the contrary, if consciousness/soul exist separately and indipendently, well there you got your soul, that can go on in a different plane of existance beyond the life of the physical body. :tongue:   

--------------------
comario

"crusaders against emotional poverty"

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Re: Metaphysical Study [Re: comario2]
    #1203893 - 01/09/03 10:05 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

if one can actually prove an OBE, then it comes real close to proving that the soul/consciousness exist separately from the body/brain.

I agree with you.  But as we've seen in many other discussions, no one has ever been able to prove one.  In fact, didn't someone post a wager that if you could have an OBE and see whats in another room, he would give you $10,000???  Since 70% of you have had one, why doesn't anyone accept the challenge?  Does anyone remember who put up the wager?  Hell, I'll put up $300 myself saying all 70% of you who have had an OBE are either full of shit, or understand that it's just a form of imagination!  :shocked: 

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Metaphysical Study [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1203937 - 01/09/03 10:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

For many, it is not a repeatable-on-financial-gain experience.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Re: Metaphysical Study [Re: Adamist]
    #1203947 - 01/09/03 10:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

For many, it is not a repeatable-on-financial-gain experience.

Perhaps that's true, but based on what I've read on these boards from people who claim to have had one, most have said they can do it at will through meditation, ,mushrooms, or some other means under their control.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Metaphysical Study [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1203959 - 01/09/03 10:28 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I've done it once on mushrooms, and a few times spontaneously while in a sleep state. I, for one, do not yet know how to do it on demand.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Metaphysical Study [Re: Adamist]
    #1204509 - 01/09/03 02:02 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have yet to meet to someone who can project whenever they will it. That takes years of dedicated practice. I've had two OOBE in my life and they took a lot of conscious effort to achieve.. weeks of practice to reach one.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1205299 - 01/09/03 06:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Now who in all honesty is going to choose the "Service-to-self" option the way it is described? What is described is not "service-to-self", it's "enslave the world". Why not offer a third option? Maybe something like:

"The state of living wherein you refuse to sacrifice yourself to others or others to yourself. Where you deal with others as traders, exchanging value for value, and leaving those who don't offer value to live their lives without your input."

The "service-to-others" is not quite so bad, but still contains a few objectionable clauses:

You will always seek to gain wisdom through group unity and love.

How about through study, experimentation, introspection and experience?

There is only one rule and that is to respect everyone's right to free will..as long as your free will does not interfere with someone elses, you may do as you wish.

You may do as you wish except expend your effort on something that might actually benefit yourself -- see the very next line:

In this orientation, you rely on the help of other people, but you put forth all your effort into helping others as well.

What's wrong with relying on your own efforts rather than depending on others? Oh, my bad... I guess if you are spending all your effort on helping others, it follows that there is no choice -- you MUST rely on them since you're not allowed to help yourself.

I fail to see the connection with metaphysics here. You're discussing political concepts -- would you rather be an immoral conqueror like Attila the Hun or Adolph Hitler or be a collectivized cog. I opt for neither.

pinky

--------------------

Edited by pinksharkmark (01/09/03 06:15 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies