Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNova

Whats been on my mind...
    #1186034 - 01/02/03 10:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This is kind of in response to this old thread . But mostly whats been on my mind.
When will people start thinking? People all around me in school just all seem dead. Like they already commited their lives to this dream. I just can't understand HOW they cannot question things in life. Theres so many questions and things to think about. I mean how about what gonna happen so many years from now when your dead? Ever think about that? No matter what happens you are gonna die. Ever think about why your here? Ever think about how powerfull existance really is? For all i know when we die we slip back into non-existance. I feel like someone on the outside watching this failed experiment. I watched the few people I felt might, just maybe be with me, fall back into blissful ignorance. Everyone just sedates themselves with tv, alcohol, and other material goods. Well I thought about it and I cannot see my self slaving at school just so I can grow up and slave at a job, all for what? A 50,000 dollar car? A huge house? Social status? I dont need any of that its almost funny how meaning less these things are, and sick that our society revolves around these ideas. Can't they see any deeper?
I think to myself, what happend to the acid generation. Shouldn't they be making a change. Haven't they seen the lies, the false example put forth by society and government. It boggles my mind looking at the cigarett and alcohol related death numbers then the pot realated death numbers, and yet pot is illegal and the others are legal. Bill Hicks sums it up on the "shrooms" segment. It's bad for the economy, an economy that is fake. I came to the conclusion that they were just being young people just like some people i know. They do acid or shrooms, I ask them to tell me about it, they say "I was really messed up".
Psychedelics are just like a silver platter with the tail end of truth on it. Its up to you to take the rope and follow it. No one ever reaches the end, but at least its somthing that may actualy be a accomplishment, it may lead somewhere. Its better than following the american dream which is just a circle. You follow that rope and you just follow it around in a circle until you die.
I could go on forever but im gonna make myself stop there. I dont post much, just lurk. I love this forum and I hope to continue to learn here.

We are all wired into a survival
trip now. No more of the speed
that fueled that 60's. That was
the fatal flaw in Tim Leary's trip.
He crashed around America selling
"consciousness expansion" without
ever giving a thought to the grim
meat-hook realities that were lying
in wait for all the people who took
him seriously.
All those pathetically eager acid
freaks who thought they could buy
Peace and Understanding for three
bucks a hit. But their loss and
failure is ours too. What Leary
took down with him was the central
illusion of a whole life-style that
he helped create.
A generation of permanent
cripples, failed seekers, who never
understood the essential old-mystic
fallacy of the Acid Culture: the
desperate assumption that somebody...
or at least some force -- is
tending the light at the end of the
tunnel.
-Hunter S Thompson

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Whats been on my mind... [Re: Nova]
    #1186584 - 01/03/03 06:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I really like your post! As a fellow disillusioned youth, I can really relate to your thoughts.

One thing I've learned is to not be cynical towards other people and their dreams, even if their dreams are hollow. Some, like us, are meant to question our realities, and some, like them, are meant to follow the crowd. We all have our parts in the play.

"I feel like someone on the outside watching this failed experiment."
Me too. Some call it the Lucifer Experiment. :wink: But all is not lost, Froto. 

"I think to myself, what happend to the acid generation. Shouldn't they be making a change. Haven't they seen the lies, the false example put forth by society and government."
The acid generation "grew up" and had children. These children have been taught with a new understanding and awareness, making them so radically different than children of the past that they are almost a different race. They are humanity's hope... children are always the hope. The old ways will eventually die out, because they will no longer work on Earth. What will eventually replace them I do not know, but I think that environmental awareness is a must. We must live in harmony with our environment and each other to survive. The world has turned into a global village, and if every household is split into a different faction warring against their neighbors, the village will be destroyed. I hope for our own sake we have the wisdom to understand and communicate with each other so that it doesn't come to that point. 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinequestforall
very-stranger
Loc: Vancouver BC
Re: Whats been on my mind... [Re: Nova]
    #1189595 - 01/04/03 08:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Nova, I sent you a prive post, please check it out.

--------------------
Please look within. Try. Try more.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology