Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Question on the SOS teck....
    #11855 - 04/09/00 05:53 PM (24 years, 12 days ago)

My understanding was that Jiffy mix is a vermiculate/ peat moss mixture with lime already added to balance the PH level. Many similar mixes are available, presumeably they'd work the same since they'd be adjusted to the same PH.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#11857 - 04/09/00 07:18 PM (24 years, 12 days ago)

Uhhh call me crazy but isn't jiffy mix a mix for making muffins and stuff. I don't think that it is made with Peat moss and Lime.

Ok..... Now I know that I have somthing wrong. What substance is suposed to be used with the SOS teck. If it is one substance I would like that Technique better then mixing it.

But if the results are better then I will use the harder technique (like it is really that hard)

Thanks

------------------
I am the Golden Dragon. Hear my roar. Feal my flame. Watch me burn. Never again! Never be, never do. The evil things from one like you.

InvisibleMycofellas
Dirty Hippy
Loc: Westward-facing School Bu...
    #11858 - 04/09/00 07:27 PM (24 years, 12 days ago)

Jiffy Mix is a 50/50 blend of peat moss and vermiculite with a little lime added to balance the PH. It's sometimes called "seed starter."
Good luck finding it - it always seems to be sold out when I am looking to purchase some! Maybe that's just my bad luck.
-Myco

--------------------
"the west is the best"

OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
    #11859 - 04/09/00 07:43 PM (24 years, 12 days ago)

Jiffy mix is both the name of a muffin mix AND the 50/50 casing, The casing mix "jiffy mix" is in the garden section at walmarts, garden stores, ect...muffin "jiffy mix" is with the foods...

Anonymous

#11860 - 04/10/00 02:22 AM (24 years, 12 days ago)

Ahh so that is where I was getting messed up in.... I didn't know there was a gardening substance that was also called jiffy mix.

Then TWO wuestions:

Is that all I use to case with? No mixxing?
Can you get it at Home Depo?

------------------
I am the Golden Dragon. Hear my roar. Feal my flame. Watch me burn. Never again! Never be, never do. The evil things from one like you.

Offlineterified
Stranger
Male
    #11861 - 04/10/00 11:09 AM (24 years, 12 days ago)

No Jiffy mix can't be baught at Home depot

Home Depot sells a Scotts' brand soil,
***they also sell vermiculite :wink:

the stuff you need to case with( 50/50 mix, Jiffy mix) is also made by Scotts' but it is called Potting soil for seed starting. It is in a Light Blue bag. If you look at the ingredients on the back of the bag it will say equal mix of vermiculite and spahgnum peatmoss.

This is the shit you are looking for too case with

Good Luck :smile:

------------------
the mind is a Terrible thing to Taste

--------------------
The mind is a Terrible thing to taste

Anonymous

#11862 - 04/10/00 02:44 PM (24 years, 11 days ago)

heh heh heh.. he was going to use muffin mix..

(djcarcass laughs until he cries.. not at you, GD. I've seen it before)

I've seen the 50/50 mix w/lime at many hardware stores that sell potting goods. Straight vermiculite works alright too.. Sterilize the verm, but I don't know about 50/50 there is debate about that.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale