Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Re: Colts vs Jets... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11858188 - 01/19/10 08:07 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

If the Jets can win against the Chargers they can win against the Colts.  Hey, anybody can get lucky twice in a row!

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Colts vs Jets... [Re: cortex]
    #11858240 - 01/19/10 08:33 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, I know it's possible.  Just not likely.

--------------------

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Re: Colts vs Jets... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11858246 - 01/19/10 08:36 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I don't think so either.

Saints v Colts Super Bowl.  Scary.

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: Colts vs Jets... [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #11859284 - 01/19/10 12:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Picking the Colts because i still cant see Mark Sanchez outgunning Manning at Home, even if its against the Jets D.

Its not going to be that kind of game.  The Jets are not going to ask Sanchez to outgun Manning.  They are going to ask the defense to make Manning a nonfactor.  This is what the Jets have been doing every week to the opposing quarterback and lately, they have had no problem doing it.

Last week, the Chargers had too many offensive weapons for th Jets to handle.  In the game, all those great threats were effectively neutralized.

The Jets imposed their will on the game and made it the kind of game they can win.

On offense, the Jets feature a great veteran offensive line, who has been dominating every defensive front for weeks.  The Colts, statistically, are not that good a run defense.  So, there is plenty of room to think that the Jets will have success running the ball with success.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Colts vs Jets... [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #11860490 - 01/19/10 03:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

manning is just too experienced. it will be nearly impossible for the jets D to read him up and down the field.

yeah they have the ability to beat the colts, but its a longshot imo

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Offlinedeadmeat986
Stranger

Loc: BFE
Re: Colts vs Jets... [Re: ManianFH]
    #11860575 - 01/19/10 04:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yes i 'm cheering for the colts. I know i said they would not make it to SB, I still don't want them too. but If jets win and viks win; playoffs were fixed. Jets in new stadium and vikings looking to build a new one. Head line SB "Old man Vs young Buck". Vikings blow out jets, "Farve still has it" makes me sick.

Jets are 7.5 underdogs. all the betting i thinking alot people going to lose their asses. jets by last min Feild goal. I hope not. If so whole playoff was fixed. Or i'm just crazy?

--------------------

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor."

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Colts vs Jets... [Re: deadmeat986]
    #11860594 - 01/19/10 04:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

no way playoffs are fixed dude. teams play their hearts out to get this far, no football player would sell himself or his fans out by intentionally losing a playoff game.

the kind of mentality that makes it to the nfl is not the kind that would just roll over cause the boss asks you to

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#11860601 - 01/19/10 04:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

and favre still has it... hes a legend

--------------------

Offlinedeadmeat986
Stranger

#11860884 - 01/19/10 04:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

when i played college ball. friend of mine on the team won class action law suit against ncaa. He never played football again.Practice never was allowed to dress.That was college what you tink NFL could do? Don't tell me higher ups don't handle players and games. you know NFL has no rule against owners betting on games?

Why is it so hard to think games are not fixed? Get QB to throw 1 maybe 2 INT and kicker to miss one field goal. That's all you need for another team to win or atlest have odds in there favor. Kicker can shave points QB can lose a game all you need. The player gets some money and next big game he gets to SB and hall fame bid from players union.

If the game is fix Reves(sp)picks off 18 2x. last one leads to a jets winning field goal.

--------------------

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assalent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the Rule of Honor."

Edited by deadmeat986 (01/19/10 04:57 PM)

Offlinedeadmeat986
Stranger

#11860909 - 01/19/10 04:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yes favre is great i'm saying thats the head line the nfl wants. "young buck vs old buck". if that happens i'll be sick. And so many people saying saints and colts sure thing lot of money to be made going the other way.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: Colts vs Jets... [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #11860955 - 01/19/10 05:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Picking the Colts because i still cant see Mark Sanchez outgunning Manning at Home, even if its against the Jets D.

Its not going to be that kind of game.  The Jets are not going to ask Sanchez to outgun Manning.  They are going to ask the defense to make Manning a nonfactor.  This is what the Jets have been doing every week to the opposing quarterback and lately, they have had no problem doing it.

Last week, the Chargers had too many offensive weapons for th Jets to handle.  In the game, all those great threats were effectively neutralized.

The Jets imposed their will on the game and made it the kind of game they can win.

On offense, the Jets feature a great veteran offensive line, who has been dominating every defensive front for weeks.  The Colts, statistically, are not that good a run defense.  So, there is plenty of room to think that the Jets will have success running the ball with success.

Dont get me wrong, the Jets D can easily make an arguement for best in the league.

And the fact that they reduced San Diego to one TD for 3 quarters speaks for itself.

But playing Indianapolis at home is one of the biggest challenges any defense can face.

I also look at the fact that for the most part, Sanchez struggled against one of the worst defenses in the league. 

If the Colts stop the run the Jets are in trouble.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]