Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
Re: Do you agree or not? [Re: ReeferMan]
    #956534 - 10/13/02 06:37 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

so r u saying organized religion is the poison or beliefs in general? is it possible to not have any beliefs? even if they're tangible, they'r still beliefs. maybe the non tangible close minded believers r the only 1's who r poisoned.

--------------------
KB

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: Do you agree or not? [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #1184191 - 01/02/03 04:56 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Man is the culprit, not religion.

Man may be the culprit, but religon (IMO) is still the cause.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: Do you agree or not? [Re: nubious]
    #1184207 - 01/02/03 05:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i agree, its the religious programming that makes man blind in action. man is responsible, but religion is the ultimate cause...

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1184211 - 01/02/03 05:06 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Religion is the scapegoat. Man is the root of the problems religion creates. The essence of religious documents is often very abstract, and deals with the same general meaning. Its man's ability to pervert these teachings that causes these problems. It wasn't christianities fault that Hitler decided to choose Jews as a scapegoat. Hitler was one of the most evil men that ever "lived" and religion was just his tool, Jesus' teachings never meant for anything like that to happen (they didn't even mean to create a religion, just a way to base our lives around).

Anonymous

#1184221 - 01/02/03 05:12 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'll say it is the poison of the blood - the blood flows throughout the body, poisoning the mind, and driving the being to commit crimes against humanity in the name of God.

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: Do you agree or not? [Re: Remy]
    #1184232 - 01/02/03 05:16 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

its not about the teachings of jesus, its religion itself, including all types...of course jesus didn't teach to kill. but you say its man man man... but lemme ask you this, do you not agree that when being raised and even as an adult that your mind is programmed to your surroundings or teachings, when people grow up within a religion, they are basically a robot unless they become enlightened of ignorance...

its religion

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Re: Do you agree or not? [Re: ribbit]
    #1184376 - 01/02/03 06:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If people did not grow up in religion, they would grow up in an equivalent. My point was that the problem is man's inability to understand the ideas of the religion, not in the religion itself. Which came first the religion or the man?

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

#1184392 - 01/02/03 06:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The problem is not in religion, but in how man uses religion, religion is meant as a tool for reaching greater understanding. Sadly, it is the nature of man to corrupt what he does not understand. Raising kids into a religion, without teaching (or even understanding), the true nature of the religion, is the problem. Man uses religion as a scapegoat, and also as a way of justifieing the injust. Many times man will pray to god, in hopes of getting out of his own mess. Fleeing to god, and blaming god are the problems with religion, and man is the root of it.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #1184480 - 01/02/03 07:10 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Religion is the worst thing that ever happened to Christianity.....Christianity is a relationship....not a religion.....

....that is....if it is practised correctly.....

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

#1184546 - 01/02/03 07:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i understand where you are coming from. i do. but im talking ultimately, if it wasn't for organized religion, man would not use it as a scapegoat, not use religion in a misunderstanding way... not twist it to his benefit. i agree that religion is genuinely for the better of man. but its not. its a failed attempt to lead mankind in its direction

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Do you agree or not? [Re: Zahid]
    #1184606 - 01/02/03 07:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Organized religion is the poison of progress.

I guess so. Please elaborate though. How exactly does religion taint the progress (of what)? The progress of thinking I'm assuming? 

Historicaly it has opposed new ways of thinking and new technologys at every turn.  There was a time when people were put to death for teaching any theory that was against the doctrines of (insert faith).  Now anyone teaching any theory not acceptable by the prevalent faith (science for the most part) are just made out to be crazy, wacky, looney, nut jobs.

The earth's is not the center of the universe!!!!???
Blasphemy!!!!!!!
To the gallows!!!!!!
:grin:

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Edited by 3eyedgod (01/02/03 07:54 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1185949 - 01/02/03 06:49 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

more of a "prison"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies