Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBucknaztee
Stranger
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: Product Z]
    #11805071 - 01/10/10 09:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hi Veebers,
  Check me out: I harvest when the gills are fully exposed, veil has broken, cap has flattened(but not full con caved), i see purple spores on my perlite,etc.  Problem is that most of these fruits on the 2nd flush(update to last post, they have pinned and exhausted a 2nd flush, but took almost 10 days to pin again, no break between dunking) mature to about 2 inches in length, cap at about 2-4 cm. I had over twice as many fruits on my 2nd flush, but only half the weight of my first flush, no boomers over 5 g, biggest on first flush was 28 g. Dunkin' n rollin', shuckin n' jivin. Sometimes it seems that the next flush is way ahead of the current flush; I am simply determining this by number of pins that pop up in the first 3-4 days and their rate of growth.  Most of my cakes have pinned in the jars at 90-100% colonization, survived a dunk/and or roll(i don't roll if i have a lot of pins or pins that have matured past an inch or more, put a spoon full of verm on top). I also had pins in a jar that grew way too big before 95%(big guys growing through dry verm filter) so i took off the lid and scraped off most of the filter, left in jar and introduced to fruiting conditions with no dunk or roll(incubation 35 days).  The initial big guys are doing fine, but there are fruits that can't make it to the top due to spacial issues obviously.  Some of the slackers are bruising from the pressure, so should i pick the big fruits, sacrifice the slackers and dunk finally?  The jar is completing colonization in fruiting conditions.  Also, how to know if a pin is rotten?  Thank you for your help
    Z

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBucknaztee
Stranger
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: Bucknaztee]
    #11805496 - 01/10/10 11:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!

This is my first grow with 7 half pint cakes in 1 terrarium; 4 have already fruited & on 2nd flush, 3 new cakes introduced days ago are prospering. Sadly, a cake on it's 2nd flush that had promising pins and decent fruits showed what i think was trich, a mossy green on a third of the cake, not blue bruising, which just popped up today on what has been a healthy cake since 3 weeks ago. No pictures because i removed it immediately, picked healthy looking fruits (can I eat these, they look fine?), and threw it out into the snow.  What to do with the remaining healthy cakes that are in that F.C? Move to a new F.C? I just saw this today, so I don't know how much time I have. Please help, things were going so well...Also, where does this trichoderma come from and how can I avoid it?  I generally run a clean ship; was planning on cleaning the whole apt. tomorrow because I wanted to 'nocc up more on Tuesday, but now i don't know what to do! Beginners luck i guess

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: Bucknaztee]
    #11836432 - 01/15/10 04:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Product z:

Doesn't he want positive pressure guys?? Negative pressure would pull particles into his chamber. No?

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

OfflineBucknaztee
Stranger
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #11836831 - 01/15/10 05:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Boooooooo! Threw out one more cake two days ago that was adjacent to the trich cake, motherfucker grabbed my next best cake!!! Picked of 20 g wet of healthy lookin fruits and I ate those fuckers based on a R.R statement that trich was non-toxic to humans.  I physically had an ok time(did not get sick until I forced myself to get sick; wanted it to end abruptly after the onset; way too speedy and anxious like feeling). That was also my first fresh shroom experience, with tea i might add.  Threw out one more today that was soggy as shit and crumpled it into the sink noticing that the inside looked hardly colonized. Waterlogged? I have 4 remaining healthy cakes, 2 I'm not sure what they will do, they are being quarantined while I bake off the old perlite in both F.C's and clean the chamber. Three 1/2 pint jars from this grow still not 100% colonized going on 60 days! Still heavy pinning in jar, one at 100% since last week.  Just knocked up 14 more jars in my uber-clean domicile, but half I think had substrate that looked too wet after P.C.ing, looks dense and thick with no visible air space compared to the others.  The standard ratio seems too dry, so i adjusted accordingly until a few drops squeezed out of my hand. Sorry for the long post as always, just so bummed that things went from great to complete SHIT!!!FUCK!!!

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11837630 - 01/15/10 07:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well buddy it happens.
Don't adjust the mixture dryer is better,  wetter you get cakes that take 60+ days to colonize or don't colonize 100% ever.
Clean those fc's good or it will come back bake that perlite or get new.
If you have any questions let us know,  don't get too discouraged you have gotten fruits witch is better than some here.
CH

OfflineBucknaztee
Stranger
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: CH HELL]
    #11838212 - 01/15/10 09:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the boost in confidence Hell,
    Both F.C's cleaned with hot soapy H2O, fan dried, perlite rinsed, baked at 375, then rinsed again and put back into chamber.  The four healthy cakes have been reintroduced and the two iffy ones are in their own F.C. until i see some life come out of them, if they snuff it they will become tea!  Those two are fully colonized, but there are some grey, almost silver blotches on both between the myc and the verm casing.  I thought they smelled kinda funny, like wet dirt or potting soil, not really foul or sour, but different from the others.  I think the perlite might have just gotten skunky after a month now, cuz it smells better. But I'm exhausted; I've pulled 28g dry off 8 cakes in a month, but only feel mildly successful.  I have learned a valuable lesson in patience, but would like to move on to grain and bulk casing after this next grow (I guess about a month).  So if you can recommend the perfect tek for g2g and bulk casing and offer me your wisdom, I would dig it.
      Thanks Hell
Z

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11841424 - 01/16/10 01:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well that dirt smell is trich,  if the cakes themselves smell like that toss em.  If they are grey give them a good spaying with H2O2(3% full strength US) if its cob web it will sizzle and then repeat in 12 hours.

Here is a link that will answer most of your questions so you can start doing grain/bulk.  I you have question post on that thread and one of my friends or myself will gladly answer,  and it will get seen by more people there.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11533599

CH

Edited by CH HELL (01/16/10 01:46 PM)

OfflineProduct Z
Stranger

Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: CH HELL]
    #11843323 - 01/16/10 07:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

My air coming in is HEPA filtered.  But im still wondering about opinions on fruiting in the jars vs. cakes.  Is there a thread on this somewhere?  Did I waist my time joining this community or am I just in the wrong place?  I would love to hash out my system and first time grow with some pros.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: Product Z]
    #11843457 - 01/16/10 07:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

If you fruit in the jars the fruiting surface is minimized. The cakes, all but one side has a chance to fruit.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Offlinejball
Stranger

Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #11843765 - 01/16/10 08:58 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

do you know if it is ok to eat the fuzzy white stuff that grows on the bottom of the shrooms?

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: jball]
    #11844803 - 01/17/10 12:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jball said:
do you know if it is ok to eat the fuzzy white stuff that grows on the bottom of the shrooms?

yes it is fine to eat
its just mycelium

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

OfflineBucknaztee
Stranger
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #11847621 - 01/17/10 03:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks CH Hell,
  Yeah, I'm not 100% confident in my p.f. tek, but i guess you gotta start somewhere, so I'll move to grains or maybe crumble and case this next batch of p.f cakes. Thanks for the link, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me soon!
Z

OfflineProduct Z
Stranger

#11849342 - 01/17/10 08:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomhunter10 said:
If you fruit in the jars the fruiting surface is minimized. The cakes, all but one side has a chance to fruit.

I guess that makes sense and I assumed as much but nothing in this book mentions anything about the yield.  It just claims that if you keep it in the jar, you will have better shaped mushrooms.  Anyway, here is another question.  If I am able to maintain 99% humidity in my terrarium, do I still need to use Perlite?  I would like to avoid it if I can to lower the risk of it getting scummy correct?  If I can avoid it, what would I place the cakes on?  Anything?  Ideas/suggestions?

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #11849354 - 01/17/10 08:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Perlite is the best way to humidify an FC, really. At least on a small scale.
Why are you worried about it getting 'scummy'?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: Doc_T]
    #11849364 - 01/17/10 08:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yeah it just dries out, no moisture left to get scummy.
but if you decide to go with out you need a mesh or grated something to set them on or just the jars lids are what most do. 
Perlite is highly recommended though. :super:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Offlinejball
Stranger
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11851005 - 01/18/10 01:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

my cakes always turn really blue when they are flushing, does anyone know how to keep them from turning blue? cuz it doesn't look healthy?

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: jball]
    #11851331 - 01/18/10 04:42 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Bluing usually indicates drying. Mist as needed, dunk if you have to.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinejball
Stranger
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: Doc_T]
    #11853091 - 01/18/10 01:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

how long should I let them soak in the water? do you think I should coat them with a wet layer of vermiculite?

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #11853150 - 01/18/10 01:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

dunk for 24 hours
then roll in dry verm
let them sit in the FC for 2-3 hours
then give them a good misting to wet the verm

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Offlinejball
Stranger
Re: "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #11854106 - 01/18/10 04:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

what is fc? where do I look up all these abbreviations that are used on this site? do you know what wbs means? Do you dunk and roll when you first take them out of the jars?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate