Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCojack
Stranger
Myceleum from spent Myceleum
    #1183364 - 01/01/03 04:02 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Curiously, I have not heard anything about this so it leads me to believe that the answer is no. Hope I'm wrong though.

Is it possible to use myceleum that has burned out/grown mushrooms as a innoculant to spawn new substrates?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Myceleum from spent Myceleum [Re: Cojack]
    #1183370 - 01/01/03 04:05 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Is it possible to use myceleum that has burned out/grown mushrooms as a innoculant to spawn new substrates?

Most definitely!

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineCojack
Stranger
Re: Myceleum from spent Myceleum [Re: dog]
    #1183385 - 01/01/03 04:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Cool beans

Man that was fast! Me thinks I like this forum.

-CoJack

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #1183417 - 01/01/03 04:30 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

as long as its not contaminated .
just give it something to eat .

OfflineCojack
Stranger
Re: Myceleum from spent Myceleum [Re: deanofmean]
    #1183450 - 01/01/03 04:53 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have something called McMagic which is a "fast food" mix that I got from MushroomMagic.com. How much do you think I need to use for, say, 1 quart of corncob?

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1183523 - 01/01/03 05:58 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I dont have any experiance with that. Just follow the directions I guess.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Myceleum from spent Myceleum [Re: dog]
    #1184025 - 01/02/03 03:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

while it is true that mycelium can beget mycelium be aware of a term known as senescence. It's basically the aging of mycelium which will make it less rhizomorphic, less potent, and less fruitful. To prevent senescence always have a point at which you return to spores (preferably generation 1 spores so you don't have spores from already senesced mycelium). E.g. You get a syringe from a vendor. You make brf cakes (g1) and once you birth them you sacrifice 1 cake to inoculate 10 rye jars (g2). Keep spores from the brf cake fruits (g1). Spores from G2 may actually be of better quality thanks to switching the substrate and therefore giving that strain a better ability to digest various substrates. most likely G2 has not senesced. When you fruit you rye jars you can take say 2 of those and inoculate 30 more rye jars (G3). At this point G3 will be good for fruitbody production but I personally would warn you against taking that mycelium to a further generation as senesnsence has probably set in. This is outlined in a couple of places in TMC. One thing I am a little confused about myself is the generational lifespan of tissue culture inoculations from fruitbodies. It seems to me that they would follow the same rules as mycelial transfer/inoc. having a maximum optimal lifespan of 3 generations (since the fruitbody is just compressed mycelium). Is this correct?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains