Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVermillion
backhandyourmother

Going to the pub on shrooms?
    #11833389 - 01/15/10 05:32 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ive got about 1.5 grams fresh cambodians Im gonna combine with the lemon tek (orange) and hit the pubs around 3pm to meet my mates whos jus come back from india, Is this a wise thing to do? Ill be chilling in public, and Ill have to walk back to my house, I wont skitz or anything will I?

I think i could handle this low amount in public as Ive already enjoyed my fairshare of drugs, acid, ketamine, 2cb, its all good.

So yeah what do you guys think/ Reckon Il be alright?

--------------------
I hate Macs. I have always hated Macs. I hate people who use Macs. I even hate people who don't use Macs but sometimes wish they did. Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers for scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for people who earnestly believe in feng shui

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: Vermillion]
    #11833396 - 01/15/10 05:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Orange won't do, at least not as well, because it's not acidic enough. And 1.5g is waaay to low (those two aborts are just 1.5??). But anyway, small doses shouldn't get you too fucked up, you'll probably get mild visuals and strong sense of euphoria.

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: Tangich]
    #11833410 - 01/15/10 05:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's pretty dependent on your mood and on what kind of person you are.

Personally I have a strong tendency for social phobia, when it comes to psychedelics in public.

Acid, in my experience, is much easier to handle in public than mushrooms, though. I don't know about Ketamine (and never will), but when it comes to mushrooms I've done a few experiments with myself.

Even low doses of mushrooms (without anything but a intensified sensibility) have given me immense problems when I was hitting some bars and clubs.
Going by train/tube is the worst thing for me, though.

As long as I'm not at a Festival or something, public tripping (away from peaceful parks etc) is nothing for me.

You might be completely different though. I know several people that have great times being on mushrooms in public.

If you want to: try it:shrug:

OfflineVermillion
backhandyourmother

#11833414 - 01/15/10 06:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tangich said:
Orange won't do, at least not as well, because it's not acidic enough. And 1.5g is waaay to low (those two aborts are just 1.5??). But anyway, small doses shouldn't get you too fucked up, you'll probably get mild visuals and strong sense of euphoria.

Thats the thing, my mate borrowed my digie scales for so long Ive gotta 'borrow' em back.. Dont know what those aborts weigh at all 2bh. What do you reckon? 2 grams? 3 grams? Im gusing there over 1.5 obviously? And cheers for the heads up about the lemon tek, guse Ill be rollin with the special lemonade for now on. :laugh: :laugh:  :mcpeepants: :laugh: :laugh:

Quote:

Fahkface said:
It's pretty dependent on your mood and on what kind of person you are.

Personally I have a strong tendency for social phobia, when it comes to psychedelics in public.

Acid, in my experience, is much easier to handle in public than mushrooms, though. I don't know about Ketamine (and never will), but when it comes to mushrooms I've done a few experiments with myself.

Even low doses of mushrooms (without anything but a intensified sensibility) have given me immense problems when I was hitting some bars and clubs.
Going by train/tube is the worst thing for me, though.

As long as I'm not at a Festival or something, public tripping (away from peaceful parks etc) is nothing for me.

You might be completely different though. I know several people that have great times being on mushrooms in public.

If you want to: try it:shrug:

This adventure is also a lil experiment to see how I deal with social stuff, so hopefully Im one of those people who are alright in open public situations. Fingers crossed! :thumbup:

Edited by Vermillion (01/15/10 06:14 AM)

Invisiblepotgrrl
Tripper Grrl
Female

Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: Fahkface]
    #11833418 - 01/15/10 06:08 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

As someone who doesn't really mesh with alcohol all that well, I've had shrooms before mixing with drinkers and have had mixed results.

The time it was the best, I took about 1.5g for a 8 hour bus trip and it was perfect - I was euphoric and smiley and warm, and the alcoholic beverage that was in my hand served as a "front" (people thought I was drinking, but really the drink just kept my palms cool).

The time it was potentially the worst, I made tea out of 3-4g of really old mushrooms that I had stored in the back of my freezer for more than a year, and that night realized how horrible it would be if I were actually mixed with drinkers - I was in a completely different world and there's no way people wouldn't have noticed.

My .02 !

PotGrrl

--------------------
Everything is arbitrary.  (me)

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: potgrrl]
    #11833436 - 01/15/10 06:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well, in my experience alcohol hasn't a too great influence on the trip, as long as you don't really get fully drunk.

The good thing about alcohol (mostly when consumed before the trip), is, that it can take the fear from you, that might have developed because of previous experiences you've gathered.

But overall I'd say, that alcohol keeps you away from the actual experience. At least to a certain degree. It acts in the opposite direction as the mushrooms do.
Mushrooms kind of releases your brain into "hyperspace", while alcohol limits your perception and thinking and makes "dumber".

OfflineVermillion
backhandyourmother

#11833462 - 01/15/10 06:37 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Fahkface said:
Well, in my experience alcohol hasn't a too great influence on the trip, as long as you don't really get fully drunk.

The good thing about alcohol (mostly when consumed before the trip), is, that it can take the fear from you, that might have developed because of previous experiences you've gathered.

But overall I'd say, that alcohol keeps you away from the actual experience. At least to a certain degree. It acts in the opposite direction as the mushrooms do.
Mushrooms kind of releases your brain into "hyperspace", while alcohol limits your perception and thinking and makes "dumber".

Thank you for that v. enlightening post. I didnt know any of that stuff, was planning on doing a bunch of trial/error trips but with info like this wont have to. Ill stick with the beers, and take my special lemon brew with me, knock it back after a few swift pints an see what happens.

Goin to a mates bday houseparty on the 23rd was planning on doin huge amount of shrooms then but with this headsup about heavy booze killin off the trip might be a waste of my lil cambodians. Yous guys are win - cheers!  :highfive:

--------------------
I hate Macs. I have always hated Macs. I hate people who use Macs. I even hate people who don't use Macs but sometimes wish they did. Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers for scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for people who earnestly believe in feng shui

Offlinersinatra13
ⓅⓈⓘⓛⓞⒸⓨⓑⓘⓃ
 User Gallery

#11833556 - 01/15/10 07:27 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tangich said:

orange juice worked great for me... definitely atleast equal to lemon juice

--------------------

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: Vermillion]
    #11833566 - 01/15/10 07:35 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'd appreciate your decision on that house party, but this really isn't any where near science, but just personal experience and conclusion.

Though I have never heard something different, in terms of simultaneous use of alcohol and mushrooms, this does not mean, that it can't be different.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it to anyone to take bigger amounts (actually not even smaller amounts) to go on a party, due to the disrespectful handling of the mushrooms, but it really it's on every ones own estimation, weather this is right or wrong.

When I take a look at the point of view of most people around me towards mushrooms, it seem as if for the most it starts as fun, turning into something very holy; into an instrument of knowledge gathering with the experience they make. So "one day" you'll probably
See it this way as well:shrug:

What ever it might be, take care:peace:

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

#11833910 - 01/15/10 09:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

exact opposite for me; it started as something "holy" and sacred and I thought I was this enlightened shaman, took me a few trips to realize thats all bullshit, and I now just trip for fun! what irony.ROFL

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: AntiEverything]
    #11834101 - 01/15/10 09:58 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In my experiences, tripping in places where others aren't tripping with you can get kind of weird. It seems like when you notify others that you're pretty high on shrooms and tripping they began to treat you a little differently. This may or may not fuck with your mindset a little bit.

So I prefer to go out to public places with at least one other person who is also tripping for relational purposes. Something as simple as saying to your tripping buddy "god damn I'm really feeling those mushrooms!" and him or her saying "ohhhhh yeahh" can re-assure you if things are getting intense.

But it may not even matter to you. The other thing that happens is when I get to that after glow stage where you start to come down and everything is just brilliant and peaceful and the world is once again just as it should be, I feel kind of like 'damn I want to share this feeling with everyone else'.

Try it out and see what happens.. I'm more of a nature/outdoors tripper than an indoor/public tripper.

Big concerts are the exception though because you know you're one of thousands of other people tripping too! That makes it really fun

--------------------
================

Edited by floatingwater (01/15/10 09:59 AM)

OfflineTurtleface
Stranger

Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: floatingwater]
    #11834508 - 01/15/10 11:29 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You should be fine dude, Most folks don't even notice..

If your from england.. Were you find them? Or are you australian or summin'? Anyways, If your english and from london.. Hint me up places were to find them.

Peace.

Offlinersinatra13
ⓅⓈⓘⓛⓞⒸⓨⓑⓘⓃ
 User Gallery

Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: Turtleface]
    #11834688 - 01/15/10 12:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Turtleface said:
You should be fine dude, Most folks don't even notice..

If your from england.. Were you find them? Or are you australian or summin'? Anyways, If your english and from london.. Hint me up places were to find them.

Peace.

he grew them

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11833373#11833373

--------------------

InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: rsinatra13]
    #11835197 - 01/15/10 01:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yeah dude
trippin in public was weird the first few times i did it, kinda don't care for it much would rather trip by myself
but it can be fun
went to work on some once and had to wear sun glasses all day so no one noticed my black hole eyes.
Semi - productive. but wasnt fired
and i've been to the hookah bar on them several times nowadays. And i don't mind it there. Thank god i know the owners or they might kick me out. Sometimes you can tell i'm tripping on something. Just staring off into space with a huge grin on my face.

--------------------
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. - Hunter S. Thompson

- believe what you may but take the internet with a grain of salt

OfflineNoBrainNoPain
Enthusiast noob

Loc: here
Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: Scudreloaded]
    #11835585 - 01/15/10 02:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Most of the time I can't even do anything else than lying around  :lol:

I just can't imagine tripping in a crowded noisy place like a bar… and having to control/pretend/socialize/interact… No way!

--------------------
I would love a woodlover's print… PM If you have one and want to trade

InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: NoBrainNoPain]
    #11835610 - 01/15/10 02:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i've generally only done light doses in public. to get the mellow giggley feeling.
when i did a larger dose around an 8th im assume, we weren't weighing them just kept eating them.
and it was kinda cool. you notice different little things about people in public when your shroomin

--------------------
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. - Hunter S. Thompson

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #11835686 - 01/15/10 02:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That's such a low dose that you should be just fine. Good luck trying to have a normal conversation, though. :awesome:

InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to the pub on shrooms? [Re: nooneman]
    #11835702 - 01/15/10 02:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i think he should speak in riddles to everyone.
and try to laugh about
you might be the life of the pub at that moment

--------------------

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

#11835704 - 01/15/10 02:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I just can't imagine tripping in a crowded noisy place like a bar… and having to control/pretend/socialize/interact… No way!

I hear you, man!

But despite the fact, that I mostly lie around as well, I learned how move in a very energetic way. It definitely takes some will, but once it's done, you're as energized as when you're on Acid.
I remember a beautiful day in summer of last yer, when me and two friends were in a park all day, riding our bikes like crazy. It was one of the most fun I've ever done. It can be great, but it can most fucked up as well. For me, tripping among people I don't even know is highly uncomfortable.

OfflineVermillion
backhandyourmother

#11841472 - 01/16/10 01:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The trip was amazing!!

Did the lemon tek, it didnt taste bad at all 2bh, well lovin it in the pub, then I headed back to my flat with my mate, watched some Trailerpark Boys and soon realized why shrooms are best be done alone. One minute I was proper spacing out, next Im laughin my ass off, flat mates thought it was well funny.

But then I started realising, everytime I focused on the show, or my mates talkin I wouldnt feel the trip as much, as if focusing on articulate stuff pushed the trip aside, then ignoring articulate tasks invited the trip back into my headspace, much to my enjoyment.

Even moving around randomly or closing my eyes seemed to the bring the trip out more. Really eye opening stuff.

So tonight Im gonna chill by myself n eat 2 large shrooms which have seemed to stop growing, turn the lights out and wack boards of canada on. Thing is I dont have scales so Ill post up pics of them next to a ruler, if some one could give me a rough estimation that would be great. Fyi Im in the UK random dude with one post. I would hook u up with some but meh I have no idea who you are so its not worth the risk, maby in a few months time tho..

And any recommendations about the music I should listen to while tripping would be rad!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck