Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Post edits
    #11827533 - 01/14/10 12:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

How is it that a post made on such and such a day at 3:37pm and then quoted/responded to on the same day at 8:21pm can be edited after the fact yet not show as "edited by"?????

As this is clearly beyond the 5 minute window to have the choice of un-checking the "mark as edited" box, who here at this site other than administrators have the power to do so?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (01/14/10 12:09 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands, USA Flag
Re: Post edits [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #11827686 - 01/14/10 12:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Mods also have the ability, and there was a bug which could be exploited to omit the 'edited' tag but that should be fixed now.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Post edits [Re: Ythan]
    #11827787 - 01/14/10 01:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
Mods also have the ability, and there was a bug which could be exploited to omit the 'edited' tag but that should be fixed now.

Thanks for the answer.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#11827807 - 01/14/10 01:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Another question, if you'd be so kind.

Can a Mod alter a post made by another user and still have it not show as edited?

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male

#11827821 - 01/14/10 01:12 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

No, only their own posts.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#11827859 - 01/14/10 01:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks again. I appreciate the responses.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#11834358 - 01/15/10 12:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry, but another question came to mind (what a curious scamp I be).

If someone was to supply you with a post number, do you have the ability to look at the records for that post and perhaps provide us with the persons name who did the deed and perhaps the before pre-edit text and the post-edit text?

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male

#11834504 - 01/15/10 01:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If a post was edited by someone other than the original author we keep a log and backup, but when someone edits their own post we don't.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#11835468 - 01/15/10 04:15 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the response. Are the pages here cached, say by Google or some such? I'd dearly love to find an unaltered copy of a post from several months ago.

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male

#11835571 - 01/15/10 04:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If it's from several months ago there's unlikely to still be a copy anywhere. Our pages are cached by Google, but they refresh the cache periodically. You could try doing a Google query on the URL of the parent post (eg. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11827533) and then click the 'Cached' link to see what they have.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#11835598 - 01/15/10 04:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Are the pages here cached, say by Google or some such? I'd dearly love to find an unaltered copy of a post from several months ago.

Maybe the wayback machine has it,

http://www.archive.org/

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Post edits [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11835699 - 01/15/10 04:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
If it's from several months ago there's unlikely to still be a copy anywhere. Our pages are cached by Google, but they refresh the cache periodically. You could try doing a Google query on the URL of the parent post (eg. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11827533) and then click the 'Cached' link to see what they have.

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Are the pages here cached, say by Google or some such? I'd dearly love to find an unaltered copy of a post from several months ago.

Maybe the wayback machine has it,

http://www.archive.org/

Thank you both for the suggestions, but neither panned out.

Google didn't have it and the wayback apparently knows nothing newer than 2005 in its search boxes.

Oh well.

Thanks again.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Ranch Dressing

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback