Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Pot may become completely decriminalized in Washington state!!! [Re: niteowl]
    #11827067 - 01/14/10 07:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm a nicotine abuser and I'll sure as hell be the first one to say I'm a lot less productive when I don't have a fix.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot may become completely decriminalized in Washington state!!! [Re: Adden]
    #11827192 - 01/14/10 08:10 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dystopia said:
Cops are still going to harass the fuck out of people smoking pot. "I see a harmed child" will be the new "I smell marijuana". Nothing's going to stop authorities from finding a way to get into peoples' lives and fuck them. There won't be some instant change to "Ok ty mr. hippie-man, have a day of good vibes, sry about the dank!"

You've never met Denver cops then.

I got pulled over two nights ago.  Both the girl I was with and I had just finished off a blunt and my car reeked of it.  There's absolutely no way he did not smell it and the entire encounter lasted less than 5 minutes.  He asked if I'd been drinking and I said "Not a drop, sir."  He responded "Good."  Took my papers and was back in less then 3 minutes I'd say.

This is the third time I've dealt with cops here while high and no one here gives a shit.

You seem to love blanket statements.  Try to use less of them.  :obama:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: Pot may become completely decriminalized in Washington state!!! [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #11827230 - 01/14/10 08:28 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Seriously though, in general, do you think cops are going to say "oh gee its ok now" and forget decades of oppression?

Throw away that training and years of doing it when they punch their time card the next day?

Prejudice will still exist in one form or another, and it's only a matter of time until some powertripping asshole decides to do what he/she wants - regardless of what the law says.

Yeah granted it's a pretty blanket statement, but at least it's not ungrounded or far-fetched.

It's not a social system or school of thought that will just fade away. The adjustment period will still take time.

Hell, there are counties in the US that still outlaw alcohol.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#11827297 - 01/14/10 08:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dystopia said:

I live in one such county.
But cops don't arrest you for having alcohol
even in the 'dry counties'

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: Pot may become completely decriminalized in Washington state!!! [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #11827303 - 01/14/10 08:51 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
You've never met Denver cops then.

I got pulled over two nights ago.  Both the girl I was with and I had just finished off a blunt and my car reeked of it.  There's absolutely no way he did not smell it and the entire encounter lasted less than 5 minutes.  He asked if I'd been drinking and I said "Not a drop, sir."  He responded "Good."  Took my papers and was back in less then 3 minutes I'd say.

This is the third time I've dealt with cops here while high and no one here gives a shit.

You seem to love blanket statements.  Try to use less of them.  :obama:

I have to make this short since I need to leave for work.

#1 - No I've never met Denver cops.

#2 - During the broadcast of this meeting in Washington state, a caregiver (practicing in Washington state) noted that some of his patients have had their medicine confiscated and are facing misdemeanor charges, thereby wasting "thousands of tax dollars in the process" and "could inevitably face felony charges after their 3rd, 4th or 5th offense." (Which is being proposed in the bill for decriminalization).

Mind you, these people have been prescribed marijuana by a doctor, have it in their possession, were strictly adhering to the law, and are still being persecuted; hence, prosecuted. The label and stigma still exists, and will still exist for quite awhile.

#3 - If you were in Washington state and were a card-carrying user that this happened to, I could see it pertaining more to this thread as opposed to Colorado and indulging in marijuana recreationally.

#4 - Yes I realize my point of back-assward counties that are still "dry" is a very poor one.

Ah damn nite, you beat me to it.

Have a great day, everyone!

:cheers:

We're all in this together!

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

#11827404 - 01/14/10 09:32 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dystopia said:
Seriously though, in general, do you think cops are going to say "oh gee its ok now" and forget decades of oppression?

Throw away that training and years of doing it when they punch their time card the next day?

Prejudice will still exist in one form or another, and it's only a matter of time until some powertripping asshole decides to do what he/she wants - regardless of what the law says.

Yeah granted it's a pretty blanket statement, but at least it's not ungrounded or far-fetched.

It's not a social system or school of thought that will just fade away. The adjustment period will still take time.

It really doesn't matter, it's a step in the right direction regardless of how some may view it. And I know plenty of cops in my area (TEXAS) that would be all for making it legal. Quite a few people I went to high school / college with I'd of NEVER expected to become cops are. One was a good friend I played in a band with for 8 years! Unfortunately because he does follow the law now, it has put some distance between us. He has his new lifestyle, I have my old one. But saying all cops think the same, is like saying all people think the same. .... logic.

--------------------

Invisiblefrith
God

Loc: Philadelphia, PA Flag
Re: Pot may become completely decriminalized in Washington state!!! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11827427 - 01/14/10 09:41 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
my personal views (regardless of what I tell Dr.Gonz) is that we shouldnt
even be having to go through this bullshit of pushing the legislature to
put marijuana on the ballot, there should be no 'medical' appended to
marijuana and a cop damn sure shouldnt be able to arrest you when these
laws  repealing prohibition are passed

i agree with you, however, in the US change takes time. no legislation happens overnight. this is just a step in the right direction.

--------------------

Edited by frith (01/14/10 09:41 AM)

InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Re: Pot may become completely decriminalized in Washington state!!! [Re: frith]
    #11827813 - 01/14/10 11:11 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

legalization > decriminalization

but its deff a positive step!!!!
:hi5:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale