Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Tripping in a sensory dep tank
    #1181262 - 12/31/02 05:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

How crazy would this be!? Do you think you'd go mad? Maybe the complete darkness and some music to keep you company. On a high dose, i think you could keep yourself occupied

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

Loc: in a dark corner
Re: Tripping in a sensory dep tank [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #1181270 - 12/31/02 05:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Are you talking about the ones in new age health spas that you lay down in, or the ones at NASA that are more like a little room? I move around too much to lay in one of those things, 15 minutes and I'd be clawing at the lid...

OfflineLain
preservative

Loc: michigan, earth, hell
    #1181273 - 12/31/02 05:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Rent the movie altered states....or just fuckin buy it. Read books by john lilly, he did this with ketamine and lsd many...many times. and search the web for home kits, you can make them for under 500. they are worth the trouble.

--------------------
all my posts are a work of fiction intended to confuse ronald reagan

Patty Poacher

Re: Tripping in a sensory dep tank [Re: Lain]
    #1181284 - 12/31/02 06:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I'm talking about a completely dark room where its nothing but you and your brain.
Its said that your brain needs constant stimulation.  ie:  Conversation, Television, music, even dreams when your asleep,  The shroomery... :smile:  So the take is a total absence of any stimulation.  You brain needs the stimulation, so it begins to feed off it's self, or stimulate it's self as it were.

I've never seen anything done w/drugs and these, i'll check out those sources!

EDIT:

I agree, moving around and outside stimulation is a must, but think of the time with NONE of that...  Just you, there.  To ponder infinity.
or how badly it sucks in the chamber!  :grin:

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Edited by Cow Shit Collector (12/31/02 06:05 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1181415 - 12/31/02 07:08 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If I were going to trip in a sensory deprivation take I'd go without the music because the whole idea is sensory deprivation..

I think it would be awesome, and no I don't think you'd "go nuts" or something once you got back out after the trip and got some food or whatever..

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
Altered States movie kicks ass

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
    #1182127 - 12/31/02 05:54 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

yeah difinatley check out altered states. its all about taking amanita muscarias in the sensory deprivation tanks.

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #1182338 - 12/31/02 11:41 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
 User Gallery
Re: Tripping in a sensory dep tank [Re: ]
    #1182866 - 01/01/03 10:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

sensory deprivation tanks are actually sposed to make you hallucinate by giving your brain nothing to deal with, whether or not it works is a different matter.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1182902 - 01/01/03 11:01 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have never tried in a real tank, but I love to trip alone with very little sensory input. Find yourself a nice warm waterbed in a pitch black room on a quiet night and give it a try. I find a low level 3 to be the perfect dose for this... you are still in control of yourself and can easily meditate. Keep a journal, pen, and small light handy to take notes if you feel up to it, during the lows... let yourself go during the highs and you will be amazed at where you can be taken. Zen style meditation (though I prefer to lie rather than sit in the lotus in this case) can be increadible... just allow your mind to stop thinking... when you notice you are thinking, either write in your journal or simply let go and stop thinking again... don't scold yourself or think about trying harder, etc... simply let go until you come back... take a bit less fruit and about 30mg of MDMA with the proper mindset will change one forever...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinespirit-molecule
mushroom

Loc: Toronto
    #1183226 - 01/01/03 02:16 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Wouldnt a sensory dep chamber just cause you to have closed eye visuals without closing your eyes? Maybe some auditory hallucinations?

I guess the best part would be not being able to feel your body..
PS. Why does NASA have sensory dep chambers?

--------------------
One of the things you learn after years of dealing with drug people,
is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back
on a drug. Ecspecially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in
your eye.
-- Mr. Duke

Offlineandrash
The Oceanminder

Loc: Rome, Italy
    #1184014 - 01/02/03 02:59 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hi guys,
I'm opening a sensory deprivation centre in Rome in the next months. I've tryed the floatation tank 4 times, and the last time it lasted 2 hours.
Everytime it has been a different trip... well not definitively a trip, but my mind was wandering in its thoughts all the time, even if suddenly I tryed the point of consciousness state, that is very interesting.
The owner of the only centre in Milan, my friend, tripped with mushrooms in the tank. He told me of a very light trip, but he was worried all the time thinking that the heater of the tank was broken, since he felt too cold. Actually the shrooms raised his body temperature, so he felt cold all the time, without any malfunction in the heater.
When I'll get the tank in my centre, I'll try shrooming into it. But not before I understand what happened in my first homegrown trip. It was on New Years Eve, and it was terrible... but I'm too confused to speak about this now... I'll post it later.

Have a nice shrooming 2003

Andrash

--------------------
--- Who am I, where is me, when I' am away from myself? --- F. Battiato

Patty Poacher

Re: Tripping in a sensory dep tank [Re: andrash]
    #1186136 - 01/02/03 10:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'd love to hear about your, or your friend's, experience with the tank. The floatation tank was what i was really thinking of.
It reminds me of an episode of the Simpson's, where homer and Lisa spend time in the tanks and get sent all over the place =)

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Offlineandrash
The Oceanminder

#1186378 - 01/03/03 03:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I really would like to share my experience with the tank, even if my friend would be more appropriate, since it's two years that he is running his floatation centre. He's an expert psichonaut... I'm just starting to experiment with psychedelics, and I only floated 4 times. But since you can't speak with my friend, the only thing you can do is to listen to my brief experience with the tank.

The tank is a restricted environment in which all the phisical senses are turned off. After 20 minutes all you can feel is only your breath. You start loosing contact with your body, you really think your legs are vanished... sometimes you need to move them to feel they are still there... it's an amazing sensation.
Your mind starts wandering around... you fall into a theta mode... the brain waves go slower, like in a dream state, but you are totally conscious. Then anything may happen... OBE, or just an increasing metal imagery... that depends on who is in the tank...
To me it was only extremely relaxing... like if I had smoked a ton of weed... my head was light, and my body heavy... I felt the weight of a phisical body coming out of it... gravity is so strong!
The last times I've done it, it was for 2 hours... it was almost boring... nothing to do at all, just "being"... it's very hard for our mind always busy doing things... even if I practice meditation sometimes, 2 hours inside the tank are hard to bear... but in the end I didn't want to come out... when you find your own dimension, the tank is like a private world in which there is no harm... except for what lies in your mind...
I will get my own tank in April... then I'll be able to tell you more, when I'll be more experienced...

If you are interested into floatation, look for "the book of floating", by Michael Hutchinson. It's out of print... but you can find it in second hand stores also on the net.

If you have any other question about floatation, feel free to ask...
I'm always happy when I can speak about it.

:wink:

Andrash

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Tripping in a sensory dep tank [Re: andrash]
    #1186888 - 01/03/03 06:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

ya, hutchinson's book...
but also john c lilly:
programming and metaprogramming in the human biocomputer
the center of the cyclone
the deep self
the dydadic cyclone
the scientist
(& a few others, ok...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineandrash
The Oceanminder

Re: Tripping in a sensory dep tank [Re: gnrm23]
    #1186985 - 01/03/03 07:09 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yes! Of course Lilly is the master, since he is the one that "invented" the tank in order to explore mind and conscience.
I've read only the center of the cyclone, and it was very interesting. It speaks about experimenting the tank with lsd...
In my last trip I had a sort of a -6 status, as he describes it in his book. It was terrible...
I hope to have the time to read more of his books in the future...

Bye,

Andrash

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract