Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepaulioc3
Stranger

Tripping advice.
    #11818991 - 01/12/10 10:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Me and two close friends tripped in a local forest yesterday, and it was the most fun I have had on mushrooms to date (only 3rd time but yea..)

I ate 4 grams of cubes and had a glass of OJ to wash it all down. Well long story short we explored the forest, listened to music and just hung out all day.

Now my other friends at college hear about this and are all wanting to trip, but most of them have never taken mushrooms before (some have tried LSD, all have done cannabis)

Wondering what the side effects are of tripping 2 weekends in a row, I would probably take a lower dose maybe 2.5 or 3gs this time, as I am not looking for any answers or any type of revelations as I was last time (and I received.. literally life changing).

I just don't want to start off my spring semester "stupid"

Advice? Does psilocybin actually make memory for school "worse" I am a biochem major in my freshman year, so I really can't afford to screw up, my last trip helped me to realize this and that I need to focus more on my schoolwork, so I'm unsure as to what psilocybin does to the brain in this capacity.. everything I read online either says "YOUR BRAIN BLEEDS GAH" or "dont worry man its all chill" I need a real answer from someone who has done this. I know there is no actual physical damage done, but I'm worried what the mental effects would be with tripping that often (my 3 trips were spaced out over 6 months)

What about waiting a month or so?

Thanks guys, sorry if this is a stupid question.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Tripping advice. [Re: paulioc3]
    #11819012 - 01/12/10 10:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

it's chill
i really dont believe in the brain bleeding story. i've tripped a lot in short doses like that and a week is about a good time.
a month would just be an overly long time in my opinion.

--------------------
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. - Hunter S. Thompson

- believe what you may but take the internet with a grain of salt

Offlinepaulioc3
Stranger

Re: Tripping advice. [Re: Scudreloaded]
    #11819026 - 01/12/10 10:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, the brain bleeding thing is blatantly false, I was using it as the far right and far left examples, but it does come up on yahoo answers and such lol.

I might just take a half eigth just to "be in that state" with the rookies so that they aren't alone.

Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #11819027 - 01/12/10 10:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Taking mushrooms twice in 2 weeks will not make your brain bleed any faster than taking them once (or 100 times) in one week.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3122

Mushrooms helped me do better in school. Especially in my psych, writing and painting classes. Tolerance might play a factor... but you will never know until you try. (what i mean by that, is you might not trip as hard... but take a Vitamin C tablet with them, and maybe Lemon tek, and you never know!)

From what I have read, there is little to no evidence that proves mushrooms cause ANY brain damage.

Hope this helps... Peace, and Im glad youve had some life affirming experiences!
:awecid:

--------------------
"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Everything in moderation... Including moderation...

Offlinepaulioc3
Stranger

Re: Tripping advice. [Re: ovechkin57]
    #11819053 - 01/12/10 10:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Schoolwise I'm more concerned with chem and bio, two memory intensive classes. Everything else seems to come easy to me.

Basically, in your experience does tripping often have any negative memory effects? I feel amazing today, woke up and got alot I've been meaning to do done (cleaned car, room, basement, did alot of housework etc) but at the same time I do feel a little worn out mentally, like some simple things I seem to just forget about what happened exactly yesterday but I guess thats understandable as I was tripping quite hard all day.

Invisibleother one
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping advice. [Re: Scudreloaded]
    #11819065 - 01/12/10 10:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Scudreloaded said:
it's chill
i really dont believe in the brain bleeding story. i've tripped a lot in short doses like that and a week is about a good time.
a month would just be an overly long time in my opinion.

i agree, every two or three weeks is about right for me. after a certain point of tripping one experience every couple of weeks is plenty for me. definently not something you could do everyday.
i also disbelieve the brain bleeding, ive heard no documentation regarding such a symptom, or never even heard a rumor.

happy tripping:mushroom2:

Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

#11819081 - 01/12/10 10:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The worst side effects I have occur the day after, and include calmness, quietness, tiredness, and introspection. Other than that, my memory has not been any worse as a result of using entheogens... as far as I can tell. Ive always had a mediocre memory though... :shrug:

And stop acting like freshman level bio chem classes are going to be any more difficult than any other class.... :grin:

Bio was one of the simplest classes ive ever taken... Personal Finace, on the other hand... I got a C. It all depends on your teacher, man. Good Luck.
:peace:

--------------------
"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Offlinepaulioc3
Stranger

#11819123 - 01/12/10 11:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't mean to sound like it was super hard lol, its just memory intensive, definitions and such.

Thanks for the info though its good to hear that from someone experienced with it rather than some propoganda online that talks about tripping putting people into depression etc.

I personally have only had really a brief moment during which I was having a bad trip, at which time I simply put on "Here comes the sun", I have never laughed so hard.

Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

#11819149 - 01/12/10 11:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yeah I didnt mean to yell at ya, just sayin...

I tripped on 3 hits of acid on a tuesday afternoon/night, and didnt miss a class that day or the next day... i havent really noticed any memory loss, but hey, im only one guy... drugs effect everyone different, ya kno?

... or maybe i cant even remember what i forget...
:omgz:

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Invisibleswimmingfast

#11819242 - 01/12/10 11:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You'll be OK, rock n' roll!  :bananahorsey:

Offlinechr-s
Stranger

Re: Tripping advice. [Re: swimmingfast]
    #11819293 - 01/12/10 11:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

your brain doesnt bleed, it illuminates.

--------------------
"The artist must bow to the monster that is his immagination"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract