Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDoDo
Rare

Loc: Mauritius
Q regarding PC and scletoria
    #1181058 - 12/31/02 04:57 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hi there,

I found a very old PC in the garage and since its the only one around i was wondering whether it could still be used despite of its age (10+ years, never used though) The manual got lost so i have no idea what pressure it's able to atain. All the information on how to use it thats left are the inscriptions on the handle (for example 'potato's 6 min') Does anyone have any idea at what pressure these classic items work? Here are some pictures:

PC front
PC top

Secondly: I have bought 35 grams of scletoria (tampanensis) lately at the local smartshop, used half of it 1,5 week ago and was planning to go for another trip tomorrow. In order to store them i dried them and placed them in a cool place. Now they have begun to look a bit different since then, some darkgreen colors have appeared while others have a white layer over them. Some pictures:

Scletoria
Scletoria macro

I have seen similar images over the internet, but was wondering what u guys think; still eatable?

Thanks in advance and a happy newyear to all!

Tom

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
Re: Q regarding PC and scletoria [Re: DoDo]
    #1181083 - 12/31/02 05:20 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

PC:>: rock on!! looks in good shape,, make sure the rubber seal is still suple and not all hard and cracked!!

mushies: Well,, that's not my dept.. i really don't know,, they look scary to me.. all that white fluff.. maybe only the pic tho... i have no clue!

cg

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

OfflineDoDo
Rare

Re: Q regarding PC and scletoria [Re: Curious_George]
    #1181094 - 12/31/02 05:31 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the quick reply! Im glad that the pressure cooker can still be used (rubber is still suple) but would still like to know at what amount of pressure (in psi) i could rate it. anyone?

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1181109 - 12/31/02 05:43 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

my answers are based solely on the pics you provided and my limited experience with PC's. That appears to be a 15psi weight on top just judging by the dimensions of it (not accurate) is that weight not marked for it's psi? also check the bottom of the PC, all over it for any information stamped in the metal or on stickers that you can use to research it. You need a brand name and preferably a model number. At least a capacity. Many hardware shops that sell PC parts and supplies can help you. Many older PC's are discontinued and you will not be able to obtain replacement seals. I have never personally run across a PC of that size that did not go up to 15 psi. You can get psi weights that have 5,10,15 in one circular weight. Different weights mate to different weight posts (not in pic). As far as testing it, put about a half inch of water in the bottom of it and close it up and fire it up. If it works it will build pressure until that weight starts to rattle and vent the overpressure. You want to adjust the heating down from there so that the weight rattles maybe 2 or times in a minute in short bursts. This maintains a 15 psi (if that is the psi rating of that weight, I'd get a new marked weight if not)

OfflineDoDo
Rare

Re: Q regarding PC and scletoria [Re: debianlinux]
    #1181118 - 12/31/02 05:55 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The weight on top can be screwed down to three parts (ill determine their weight later if that helps) The markins pressent on the rings are as follows:

Base weight (with pin) - L
First ring - M
Sec. ring - H

The markings on the bottom say: 'Prestige' and 'made in England' There are no indications of what model it is.

Thnx for the short manual  :smirk: 

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1181123 - 12/31/02 06:03 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i would ASSUME those are 5, 10 and 15 pound weights.

actually, i personally wouldn't assume and would either find out for certain or buy one i was certain about.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinediegolomein
Stranger
    #1181125 - 12/31/02 06:06 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I have seen similar images over the internet, but was wondering what u guys think; still eatable?

Thanks in advance and a happy newyear to all!

Tom   

You say you got in a shartshop?  If those are from amsterdam then they are called "Phillosipher Stones" and they are very good.  A very close friend and myself spent many a hour in the tulip inn (they sell beer out of vending machines there) on Spui Straat (name of road tulip inn was on) :wink:  So ANYWAYS if those were from Innerspace or the Magic Mushroom Gallery or some other KNOWN to be legit smartshop, then they will be fine.  Stones CAN NOT be eaten dry with much ease (they usually don't go down so well) so keep `em refridged and you should be ok.  After a week though they may start to go....

--------------------
fly the friendly skies

OfflineDoDo
Rare

Re: Q regarding PC and scletoria [Re: diegolomein]
    #1181132 - 12/31/02 06:17 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yep they r indeed philoshopers stones, but most dont know that term and since its a cultivation forum i used the latin name  :smirk: They were gotten in a smartshop here in deventer, one of the bigger citys in the east of Holland.

So what i understand from what you r sayin, they are no good any more? 

Offlinediegolomein
Stranger
    #1181268 - 12/31/02 07:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

if they are more than a week old and haven't been refridg'd I'd probably say no.  It's best just to get new ones if you are lucky enough to be within driving distance of sanity...er.. I mean smart shops. :wink:

--------------------
fly the friendly skies

OfflineDoDo
Rare

Re: Q regarding PC and scletoria [Re: diegolomein]
    #1181296 - 12/31/02 08:08 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

hehehe i live in deventer too so its more of a walk  :tongue: ill give the good man a visit and ask him for advice and if negative ill buy some new ones 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation