Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
"Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!"
    #11809400 - 01/11/10 04:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If human character is a vital lie, then isn't judging someone by the content of their character just as useless as judging someone by the color of their skin? :strokebeard:

:whatwhat:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: Poid]
    #11809415 - 01/11/10 04:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

"if human character is a vital lie"

Huh? Content of their character? What does that mean? Judging by what they do, etc???

Sounds way better than judging by color of skin... unlessssssssssss the said person is mexican :wink:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: andrewss]
    #11809421 - 01/11/10 04:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's equally as useless a reason to judge someone, IMO; what if somebody cannot express themselves in a way which is agreeable to you? Are you going to judge them because of their inability to do so?

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: Poid]
    #11809448 - 01/11/10 04:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hell yeah... :laugh:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: andrewss]
    #11809459 - 01/11/10 04:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:lol:, so how is it different to judge somebody for not being able to act in a way that is agreeable to you than it is to judge somebody for not being able to have a color of skin that is agreeable to you?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinemyco99
myconade
Male User Gallery

Loc: USS Eldridge
    #11809460 - 01/11/10 04:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
It's equally as useless a reason to judge someone, IMO; what if somebody cannot express themselves in a way which is agreeable to you? Are you going to judge them because of their inability to do so?

When all of human interpersonal relationships are based on expressing oneself in a manner agreeable to others....then yes, yes I will judge based on character.

--------------------
143/0x63/99...It's like watching the mycelium grow...
WARNING: You must be 21 years of age to experience hallucinations.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: myco99]
    #11809480 - 01/11/10 04:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Says something about interpersonal relationships, doesn't it? :lol:

What ever happened to diversity, and tolerance? :macdre::obamadre::bushdre:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinemyco99
myconade
Male User Gallery

#11809533 - 01/11/10 04:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

If you can't observe the major and fundamental differences between discriminating based on race and character then you sir, are an idiot.

That said, we judge people based on character because it is the best series of factors available.  The only person I know to ever claim that diversity should be applied to character judgments is you.  You are really just playing with words, there is no meaning, purpose, or evidence to support your theory.

--------------------

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

#11809546 - 01/11/10 04:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
:lol:, so how is it different to judge somebody for not being able to act in a way that is agreeable to you than it is to judge somebody for not being able to have a color of skin that is agreeable to you?

i dont like this agreeable part? It's not like judgments cant be neutral, imo....

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlinetwiztidthoughts
Stranger

Loc: Central Alabama
    #11809547 - 01/11/10 04:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's not right to judge someone by the color of their skin.

It's not useless to judge someone by their character. what else would you judge them on?

You can feel however you want about someone's character.

Thats why "character witnesses" can go to court with you. Character IS what you judge someone with.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: myco99]
    #11809548 - 01/11/10 04:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

myco99 said:
Quote:

Poid said:

If you can't observe the major and fundamental differences between discriminating based on race and character then you sir, are an idiot.

Personalisms are not allowed in this forum, please read the rules:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4526664

Quote:

myco99 said:
That said, we judge people based on character because it is the best series of factors available.

What do you mean by "we"? Why do you suppose that "we" judge people based on the color of their skin?

Quote:

myco99 said:
The only person I know to ever claim that diversity should be applied to character judgments is you.

So you think that everybody should behave in exactly the same way? :hitlerdance:

:picard:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: twiztidthoughts]
    #11809559 - 01/11/10 04:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

andrewss said:
Quote:

Poid said:

i dont like this agreeable part? It's not like judgments cant be neutral, imo....

Well they can either be disagreeable, neutral, or agreeable. :shrug:

Quote:

twiztidthoughts said:
It's not right to judge someone by the color of their skin.

Why not?

Quote:

twiztidthoughts said:
It's not useless to judge someone by their character. what else would you judge them on?

You can feel however you want about someone's character.

If you feel a certain way about a certain individual's character, then that is because you have judged it as being either negative, neutral, or positive.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinemyco99
myconade
Male User Gallery

#11809563 - 01/11/10 04:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

"So you think that everybody should behave in exactly the same way? :hitlerdance:"

Fine, you win, stop judging people based on character :cool:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11809569 - 01/11/10 04:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I judge people by the color of shit that they take. :glittershitz:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
    #11809572 - 01/11/10 04:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe a week away from the shrooms wouldn't be the worst thing for you Ploid :lol:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: appleorange]
    #11809575 - 01/11/10 05:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't 'shroomed in months.

Acid is way better anyways, 'shrooms are kinda gay in comparison...

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #11809584 - 01/11/10 05:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe MLK was just trying to rationalize not loving everybody equally.

Edited by xFrockx (01/11/10 05:01 PM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: xFrockx]
    #11809591 - 01/11/10 05:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Not loving everybody equally? Didn't he want everyone to love each other equally? :confused2:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #11809600 - 01/11/10 05:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well that's what he said.  But if he's judging people based on the content of the character, he's still judging.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: xFrockx]
    #11809604 - 01/11/10 05:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That's my point; in a way, he was a hypocrite.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

#11809614 - 01/11/10 05:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I dont like you poid but I do for both reasons so I get extra points... your character AND your race!!! You are a socratic mexican - pretty intense :lol:

:crazy2: I mostly kid :tongue:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11810223 - 01/11/10 06:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

andrewss said:
You are a socratic mexican - pretty intense :lol:

Yes, I am Mexican, but only in terms of genetics; I don't follow any culture if I can help it, especially Mexican culture...:lol:

:mexican:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #11810504 - 01/11/10 07:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

When all of human interpersonal relationships are based on expressing oneself in a manner agreeable to others....then yes, yes I will judge based on character.

When all con-men make a living based on expressing oneself in a manner agreeable to others...

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #11810527 - 01/11/10 07:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
...con-men...

:billymayshead:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11810551 - 01/11/10 07:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Bill Mays was cool the way he yelled at you, but wore too much 'Just For Men' beard dye - and I think that is what caused his demise.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #11810563 - 01/11/10 07:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
...and I think that is what caused his demise.

What, the dye or the yelling? :blah:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11810572 - 01/11/10 07:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

He dyed, can't make it any clearer. :facepalm:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11810578 - 01/11/10 07:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#11810745 - 01/11/10 07:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

andrewss said:

Yes, I am Mexican, but only in terms of genetics; I don't follow any culture if I can help it, especially Mexican culture...:lol:

That is a shame because most cultures have wisdom behind them born of generations of survival and adaptation.  Total rejection of all cultures is just another irrationally extreme (and also impossible) ideal. 

Mexico has an incredibly rich culture which does not just consist of "illegals" riding around in rusty pickup trucks.  Have you ever read any Mexican literature or watched Mexican cinema?  There are some gems!

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: Lion]
    #11810769 - 01/11/10 07:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lion said:
Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

andrewss said:

That is a shame because most cultures have wisdom behind them born of generations of survival and adaptation.

I'll take all the good, and none of the shit that I don't want. :shrug:

Quote:

Lion said:
Total rejection of all cultures is just another irrationally extreme (and also impossible) ideal.

Maybe total rejection of totally every single aspect of all cultures is, but I don't see how generally rejecting all cultures is bad; it's not like the majority of things that humans do is good, anyways. :shrug2:

Quote:

Lion said:
Mexico has an incredibly rich culture which does not just consist of "illegals" riding around in rusty pickup trucks.  Have you ever read any Mexican literature or watched Mexican cinema?  There are some gems!

I know about Mexican culture, and I've been into the deeper parts of Mexico; just like how religions have some gems, so do cultures, but in general, I reject them all.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#11810780 - 01/11/10 07:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Fair enough...We all do our best to sort the dross from the gold, to use a gem of a religious metaphor. :tongue:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: Lion]
    #11810787 - 01/11/10 07:48 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lion said:
...to use a gem of a religious analogy. :tongue:

:supercrankey:

:tongue:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#11810821 - 01/11/10 07:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If someone annoys me I won't chill with them but I don't care what they're like. If someones another colour that doesn't necessarily annoy me.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character!" [Re: Grapefruit]
    #11810829 - 01/11/10 07:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Grapefruit said:
If someones another colour that doesn't necessarily annoy me.

So it doesn't necessarily not anoy you, either?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11810835 - 01/11/10 07:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mexico has an incredibly rich culture which does not just consist of "illegals" riding around in rusty pickup trucks.

I once saw a Mexican in a brand new pick-up. It was stolen. :rimshot:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11810838 - 01/11/10 07:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Only once? :lol:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#11810854 - 01/11/10 07:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Woops I'm quite stoned sorry. I meant they don't necessarily annoy me.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder