Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

A yogi's experience with DMT
    #11808411 - 01/11/10 02:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This is from the DMT nexus

I read it not to long ago and today was inspired to bring this story here, by another thread in this forum.

Quote:

I merely wish to honor the sacredness of my journey with this incredibly transformative plant. I realize now that no words will truly bring my experience to full life but if it may serve as a way for others to understand the marvel, wonder and healing which can be ignited for the brave soul willing to work with this frequency and wisdom then I have succeeded with my intention.

First, I am honored and blessed to know a good friend who was with me and walked me through what I needed to understand before my journey. This served as a comfort in exploring the vast unknown within my own consciousness. Second, the initial 'pulling in' to such a state is quite dramatic to say the least and there is a long moment of fear which seems to arise from a sense of death or dying. There is no need to panic for, "This too shall pass."

As a regular meditator for over 10 years, I have had many experiences of death and I have travelled and had many mystical visions as a result of being spiritually awakened (shaktipat) by a Yoga Master, Gurumayi. However, this particular journey was one of the most profound experiences of my life. It was as if I was being shown the nature of creation itself all made from the same 'gobbledegook' or consciousness and as quickly as I was deep in the experience of the myriad of forms, geometric brilliance and manifestations I rapidly became aware of myself witnessing it all and even the witness state was stripped away and I was left with nothing, no anchor. This can be quite scary and terrifying to plunge into nothingness and I cannot lie and say that I had no fear.

The truth is that in the Buddhist philosophy, fearlessness is not the absence of fear but simply learning to work with the energy of fear and not become trapped or stuck in it. Ultimately, I felt as if my mind was being shattered into a thousand tiny fragments and put back together again. As radical as this seems to one who has not had such an experience it was all done with a lighthearted playfulness and love. It was as if Universal mind had entered into my being and showed me how it all is just a play of energy for the delight and wonderment of the One as if to reveal that nothing too serious is going on. I had moments of feeling a bit lost and way deep in the rabbit hole but the spirit of this plant seems to take one as far as he/she may go only. This plant deserves great respect and is worthy of greater research and understanding, however, not to be taken lightly or used for any type of recreational purpose whatsoever. There is wisdom to be gained by those who are willing to let go...

Blessings and Love

You meditate and meditate.
You do your mantras and visualizations.
You do your stretching , relaxing , breathing.

You feel more peaceful. Perhaps.. you might even find yourself being a more joyful person all together.

But something is missing.
There is a place you sensed all along  but just couldn't quite get there.
The question of who you really are still remains a bigger mystery than ever and there is still something you are holding on to so strongly.
Something that you cannot relinquish by yourself.

There is wisdom to be gained by those who are willing to let go...

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: A yogi's experience with DMT [Re: jivJaN]
    #11808599 - 01/11/10 02:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Is he speaking of a specific plant the DMT was extracted from or some other psychoactive plant?

I'll do my mantras and my visualizations, because you can't stay high all the time. The drugs will always bring you up, and down, and up again... and then down. Can all the information truly be assimilated during the psychedelic experience?

Why not strive for the best of both worlds? The meditator is trying to assimilate the mindset with every aspect of life. Perhaps we can strive to include all avenues and teachers in our spiritual path? Maybe some of us were meant to go one route and others another? Isn't it just different paths up the same mountain? The yogis may be long and peaceful, while the entheogen users short and rocky? :smile:

Offlineevildee125
Here now
Male User Gallery

Loc: fl
Re: A yogi's experience with DMT [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11808684 - 01/11/10 02:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i think you missed the point cosmo..

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/vetstatus.php

Kaleidoscope said:
If you build an idiot-proof device, someone will build a better idiot.

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: A yogi's experience with DMT [Re: evildee125]
    #11808704 - 01/11/10 02:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

evildee125 said:
i think you missed the point cosmo..

Please enlighten me then :laugh:

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #11808718 - 01/11/10 02:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not one to judge someone and their self acclaimed status as a "yogi", but that's not where my beef lies with your statements.

Maybe I don't really have a "beef" with what you said, just another way of looking at it.

Now I am young, young enough that I cannot call myself anything other than that.  A yogi I am surely not.  Yet when I meditate, visualize, stretch, relax...I really do feel 'high'...and like I said...I'm no yogi.

That being said, I would believe that a "true yogi", or one that has truly mastered the philosophy of yoga, would be able to reach MUCH DEEPER yogic states than I... i.e. the way the yogi feels after his practice must be so much more profound than mine, he must feel 'REALLY high', as compared to my "mild yogic buzz" (haha)

Anyway, maybe I just don't understand what you mean when you say that "perhaps something else was missing". 

Did the yogi express this to you concerning his own practice? 

Was DMT able to offer him something so significant that he could not attain on his own through his practice?

I have never tried DMT, and I don't disregard what you say as false.  I am sure there are profound experiences to be had under the influence of DMT (whichever "frequency" you choose to work with for that matter), but what makes the two states of mind so different from each other? (those two states of mind being 1. being under the influence of DMT, and 2. being deeply involved in yogic practice)

I think you're focusing too much on how he got there, rather than what actually happened once he was there.

I'd be more interested in reading of a true shaman's experience with hallucinogenics, and his impressions of what happens as he is much more of a master of these particular frequencies, just as the yogi is much more a master of yogic frequency than the shaman would be.

Either way the post was dope and if you have more of things of this nature I'd love to read them.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

#11808720 - 01/11/10 02:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say it was a decent trip report, that shows how powerful these entheogens actually are. It also helps reveal the differences between a placebo effect, and the "true" enlightening experience.

IMO, without the use of entheogens, many of these Vedic practices (like meditation) are incomplete exercises. There are certain required steps, just like on a set of stairs, that one must follow in order to get to the top. Remove one of the steps and you'll find it more difficult to climb to the top. When these sacred entheogens are removed from the spiritual transformation process - the difference between enlightenment and illusion of enlightenment becomes more apparent.

Offlineevildee125
Here now
Male User Gallery

Re: A yogi's experience with DMT [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #11808827 - 01/11/10 03:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

"I have never tried DMT, and I don't disregard what you say as false.  I am sure there are profound experiences to be had under the influence of DMT (whichever "frequency" you choose to work with for that matter), but what makes the two states of mind so different from each other? (those two states of mind being 1. being under the influence of DMT, and 2. being deeply involved in yogic practice)"
perhaps you should try it before you assume op is insinuating whatever it was that led to this:"Was DMT able to offer him something so significant that he could not attain on his own through his practice?"
you too have missed the point.. perhaps the most important statement made by op is this:"There is wisdom to be gained by those who are willing to let go..." and no its doesnt mean yoga is crap and DMT is better.. sheesh

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banlist.php http://www.shroomery.org/forums/banomatic.php

Kaleidoscope said:

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

#11808911 - 01/11/10 03:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

evildee125 said:
"I have never tried DMT, and I don't disregard what you say as false.  I am sure there are profound experiences to be had under the influence of DMT (whichever "frequency" you choose to work with for that matter), but what makes the two states of mind so different from each other? (those two states of mind being 1. being under the influence of DMT, and 2. being deeply involved in yogic practice)"
perhaps you should try it before you assume op is insinuating whatever it was that led to this:"Was DMT able to offer him something so significant that he could not attain on his own through his practice?"
you too have missed the point.. perhaps the most important statement made by op is this:"There is wisdom to be gained by those who are willing to let go..." and no its doesnt mean yoga is crap and DMT is better.. sheesh

That's your interpretation, I think the one who is missing the point is you. If you re-read the trip report a few times, you can easily detect the narrator's feelings towards all of this.

Also, the yogic frequencies you speak of are no different than the frequencies experienced on psychedelics. Translation, both take you to the same place. Just one is more efficient, eg. Meditation is like riding a Unicycle, whereas Psychedelics are like driving a Sports Car.

Here's a decent study which explains my point about meditations and psychedelic/entheogenic mind-states being one in the same:

"The current studies of psilocybin conducted by Johns Hopkins Medicine in 2006, you'll find that out of the subjects who took psilocybin, 1/3 said it was the most spiritual experience they ever had, and 2/3 said it was very spiritual. Eighty percent of the subjects friends and families said that the subjects who were given the psilocybin had a better overall quality of life even 2 months after the study. Some people felt a bit paranoid like they were being watched, which of course, they were, but other than slight nausea, there were no side effects. A leading Mycologist (study of mushrooms) Paul Stamets said, "You could eat your own weight in psilocybin without a toxic effect on the body". The brain is effected in the frontal lobes that light up (in a PET scan) like a Buddhist monk doing a compassion meditation. The areas that light up  are the exact areas that are darkened by meth amphetamine (the difference between narcotics, drugs, compared to natural Entheogens). I learned this from Charles Grob, the only doctor in the U.S. who is legally giving psilocybin to terminally ill cancer patients. The patients, overall, say that they are able to deal with the idea of death and face the fact that they will die. Some sort of spiritual reconciliation is made within them, a very personal experience that is subjective and varying."

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/Press_releases/2006/07_11_06.html

This is just the surface of data that helps prove entheogenic states, and meditative states of consciousness are one in the same (one being able to take you "farther" or "higher" than the other [the entheogen will and can take you farther and deeper than meditation could ever alone]).

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#11808923 - 01/11/10 03:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The trick is to realize that you dont have to be 'UP' all the time.
Many spiritual seekers seem to get this idea that awakening or enlightenment is something like a permanent high.

My post wasn't meant to put 'one world' ,as you say , higher than the other.
The idea that i am trying to get across is that all the meditation simply leads to a breakthrough that you could achieve without  the preparation.

You can run around through the maze..
or you can fly up above it and see its entirety.

the trick is to find your way out.

The thing is..
i dont have to run around the maze trying to find my way out.
i've been out.
and ive 'figured out' :smile:  that..
if i run around the maze.. trying to find my way out.. i will never the see its beauty.
i will constantly be thinking of the next turn.. constantly having to be aware of my previous one.

The question i have is this

if all your meditation and mantras are doing you any good ..
why wont you be friends with a plant ?

you eat it
you give it a call

it comes in..
and tries to hang out.

it shares itself with you.

What is wrong with that ?
Why must these psychoactive plants be viewed as tools only ?
I understand how many people will completely ignore the idea that they have a consciousness of their own , but i cannot understand how followers of yogic , and buddhist traditions fail to include this.

I simply cannot see this reluctance in a positive light.

You know.. people will bring you up, and down, and up again.. and then down too.
i dont see how avoiding them will help.
unless you avoid them and come back
avoid them and come back
avoid them and come back
It is the up and down that works the best.

you have a fucking amazing experience with the mushroom for example.
then you come down , as you say.
then.. you compare the two.

THAT is THE progress.

what i am sort of trying to emphasize.. is that only with meditation you have no reference point.
so many people are into all this spiritual mumbo jumbo.
altering consciousness and so on..

they have no idea what actually awaits when you pull away the curtains.
if you dont get a glimpse behind the scenes.. all you will ever do is play a role without even knowing it.
perhaps that is THE ROLE for many.
i will taunt regardless.
the challenge remains.
you're path is determined by the choices you make.
you're choices can be influenced.
i choose.. to be that influence and i feel no responsibility for it whatsoever.

Quote:

Isn't it just different paths up the same mountain?

i really dont mean to sound terribly egotistic , although it is inevitable and also another form of proof in my eyes that no real progress has been made.

i've been up the mountain.
its so damn easy to get there you have no idea.
now that i've been up there..
i can see.. that so many of you claim to be climbing it , yet you haven't moved an inch.

its all just mental masturbation and delusions.
HOPE
nothing more..

i guess what im trying to say is that you're scared.

am i provoking ?

of course i am :smile:

you are the ego.
you will find numerous other routes to delay the inevitable suicide you will have to commit.

i ..
simply invite my beautiful mushroom friend to kill me.
and i say thank you when it does.

then..
we hang out

:lol:

perhaps..
someone will thank me for assisting the suicide.

i dont really care about that though..
i just wanna hang out too

:dancer:

--------------------

---------------------

They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #11808942 - 01/11/10 03:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

As the yogic path progresses, it becomes all about "letting go." Letting go of old thought patterns, desires, and eventually letting go of the "self" to realize the Self.

Offlineevildee125
Here now
Male User Gallery

#11809030 - 01/11/10 03:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

"My post wasn't meant to put 'one world' ,as you say , higher than the other.
The idea that i am trying to get across is that all the meditation simply leads to a breakthrough that you could achieve without  the preparation." this was what i was trying to get at Big Stroonz.. im not sure why you take such offense to op's and my posts.. i rest assured.. yoga is a wonderful practice.. but try meditating yourself into a state comparable to eating 8 grams of shrooms.. there are many teachers and many thing to learn along the path.. so i ask you not get your yogi panties in a bunch because someone suggest to you a very interesting trip report.. :heart:  :peace: brothers

--------------------

Kaleidoscope said:

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A yogi's experience with DMT [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #11809042 - 01/11/10 03:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

dude that was my point exactly...i didn't miss anything.  thats why i asked this question -

but what makes the two states of mind so different from each other? (those two states of mind being 1. being under the influence of DMT, and 2. being deeply involved in yogic practice)"

jeez i didn't even think the OP had anything against yoga/meditation.  i was just pointing out the fact that i believe THAT THEY ARE SIMILAR STATES OF MIND, but that I believe a shaman's opinion  may carry more significance....again, IN MY OPINION.

I'm wondering what was so confusing about what i said.

I guess it's cause i started with where my beef laid, but i was kinda responding along the lines of cosmonautts question to the OP. 

And i even did say, i don't have beef, just another way of looking at it....

did you guys even read my post haha

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A yogi's experience with DMT [Re: stzacrack]
    #11809072 - 01/11/10 03:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

and why are you assuming that i have such a problem with DMT or hallucinogenic substances?

I'm very well aware of how these substances throw into these situations of realizations, but what about the dangers of practices like this?

opening yourself up to entities/spirits, not knowing your way through these realms...basically all the dangers involved with using these substances wrecklessly without a true shaman or someone with experience with these substances (not saying you guys are wreckless or inexperienced)

dude i love mushrooms and lsd, but like i said i'm young and that's all i've tried along these lines. 

with these substances comes respect, and i don't believe posting that these are shortcuts to realization is a healthy attitude for a younger person than i reading these forums who is also may be much more impressionable than i.

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
    #11809123 - 01/11/10 03:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
As the yogic path progresses, it becomes all about "letting go." Letting go of old thought patterns, desires, and eventually letting go of the "self" to realize the Self.

in my belief in omnism i have the understanding that entheogens,yoga,and meditation are all keys that open the same door. I see this experience as tracing the branches of the tree of life. You take in through your various leaves and branches, only to funnel down and become one in your trunk, and then branch back out into your roots to repeat the cycle.

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11809170 - 01/11/10 03:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

and who said i'm not friends with plants, don't have respect for them, and view psychedelics and plants in general as tools?

i really dont get what it was that i said that made it seem like i'm so ignorant?

and who is avoiding DMT?

are you aware that everything you put into your body affects the state of mind your currently in...i.e. water, air, meat, drugs, words, thoughts....

there is a constant process of learning going on, and it is not restricted to "profound" experiences on mushrooms or while meditating, as each moment in itself is just as profound as any experience you will ever have just as you can only experience your life one moment at a time, one breath at a time.

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#11809201 - 01/11/10 04:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

and why are you assuming that i have such a problem with DMT or hallucinogenic substances?

I'm very well aware of how these substances throw into these situations of realizations, but what about the dangers of practices like this?

opening yourself up to entities/spirits, not knowing your way through these realms...basically all the dangers involved with using these substances wrecklessly without a true shaman or someone with experience with these substances (not saying you guys are wreckless or inexperienced)

dude i love mushrooms and lsd, but like i said i'm young and that's all i've tried along these lines.

with these substances comes respect, and i don't believe posting that these are shortcuts to realization is a healthy attitude for a younger person than i reading these forums who is also may be much more impressionable than i.

:rofl:

you are correct.
certain substances will open you up to energetic influences you might not be ready for.

telling someone to smoke crystalized dmt..
is not the same as telling someone to indulge in one of the plants that contain it.
i wouldn't even suggest trying lsd.

apart from that , all of my statements have favored the mushroom over any other psychedelic out there.

as for the young impressionable people that might have a rough time after reading this..
quite honestly..
i would feel no guilt whatsoever.

the goal is to silence the mind.
all you need to do for that is eat some mushrooms and deprive yourself of external audio and visual stimuli.

turn the lights off.
no music.
no people.
sit.
breathe.

see what happens.

:grin:

--------------------

---------------------

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#11809247 - 01/11/10 04:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

and who said i'm not friends with plants, don't have respect for them, and view psychedelics and plants in general as tools?

i didn't say that about you.

Quote:

and who is avoiding DMT?

a lot of people.

Quote:

are you aware that everything you put into your body affects the state of mind your currently in...i.e. water, air, meat, drugs, words, thoughts....

i am aware of that.

Quote:

there is a constant process of learning going on, and it is not restricted to "profound" experiences on mushrooms or while meditating, as each moment in itself is just as profound as any experience you will ever have just as you can only experience your life one moment at a time, one breath at a time.

i couldn't agree more.
also..
i could never have realized that had i not had profound experiences on mushrooms.

as someone already pointed out in this thread..
there is a difference between mentally regurgitating such statements and having an actual understanding behind it.

a difference between trying to mentally convince yourself ! into it..
and realizing it with no effort.

why are you being defensive ?
:rofl:

--------------------

---------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #11809633 - 01/11/10 05:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jivJaN said:

if all your meditation and mantras are doing you any good ..
why wont you be friends with a plant ?

you eat it
you give it a call

it comes in..
and tries to hang out.

it shares itself with you.

I agree with you! :smile: I felt you were attacking my mantras as being inferior. As of late, I'm attempting to incorporate various "tools" and "teachers" into my practice. I'm doing a heavy dose of psychedelics with the lights out... nothing but me and my breath. I wish I had some Mushrooms though :/

I think the best route incorporates everything.

Offlineevildee125
Here now
Male User Gallery

#11809679 - 01/11/10 05:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

stzacrack said:
dude that was my point exactly...i didn't miss anything.  thats why i asked this question -

but what makes the two states of mind so different from each other? (those two states of mind being 1. being under the influence of DMT, and 2. being deeply involved in yogic practice)"

jeez i didn't even think the OP had anything against yoga/meditation.  i was just pointing out the fact that i believe THAT THEY ARE SIMILAR STATES OF MIND, but that I believe a shaman's opinion  may carry more significance....again, IN MY OPINION.

I'm wondering what was so confusing about what i said.

I guess it's cause i started with where my beef laid, but i was kinda responding along the lines of cosmonautts question to the OP. 

And i even did say, i don't have beef, just another way of looking at it....

did you guys even read my post haha

im sorry man .. my bad.. i miss understood.. i have a great deal of respect for both entheogens and yoga.. :peace:

" I'm doing a heavy dose of psychedelics with the lights out... nothing but me and my breath. I wish I had some Mushrooms though :/

I think the best route incorporates everything"

my craziest trip to date was following mckenna's method.. i did five grams in the dark.. no tv, music.. nothing but me and darkness.. the last statement you make i agree with 100%.. we really should incorporate everything.. for me wisdom and insight can come from the simplest things.. even just watching trees blowing in the wind..

--------------------

Kaleidoscope said:

Edited by evildee125 (01/11/10 05:20 PM)

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

#11810909 - 01/11/10 08:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

meditation =/= psychedelic experience. they're different things and i'm not sure why people don't see this.

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order