Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Benny Hinn Faith-Healing Expose
    #1179349 - 12/30/02 07:48 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Evangelical preacher and "healer", Benny Hinn, was the topic of a recent Dateline expose. He is the most successful fund-raiser in the history of the world, duping his flock out of $200,000,000 per year to do "God's work".

What exactly is "God's work?" No one knows. He is NOT required by law to reveal how this tax-free money is being spent nor to what purpose. Hinn has laid out grand schemes that he had planned with the money, but nothing has ever come to fruition except his own multi-million dollar Southern California beach estate.

What about the "miraculous healings" witnessed at his crusades? The Dateline crew attempted to follow-up 60 spontaneous healings from a Las Vegas crusade. The Hinn ministry claimed that all healing volunteers were checked out by medical staff first, which was one of many lies.

Two of the spontaneously healed cancer victims died shortly after their "healing". The Hinn Ministry claimed that the people were in in fact healed, but lost their faith. (Does this double-speak sound vaguely reminiscent of some of the pathetic counter-arguments frequently offered on this board?)

Many of the miraculously healed had NO a priori medical condition whatsoever! The Hinn Ministry did not provide ONE single medical case (out of many thousands) history to Dateline and refused to speak with the reporters. (Truth has NOTHING to hide!)

I have been asked at least a hundred times why I am so skeptical and adamant about not merely believing, but in questioning everything and investigating things critically. This enormous and despicable fraud is a prime example of why I take this hard-lined stance.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (12/30/02 07:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Benny Hinn Faith-Healing Expose [Re: Swami]
    #1179369 - 12/30/02 07:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I just watched the same thing, I think it is so fucking sick. All the dumb people beleive god is speaking through him and give him all their money. That is the biggest cult I have seen. They all look possesed by demons.

Edited by Earth_Droid (12/30/02 07:55 AM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1179420 - 12/30/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

A fool and his money are soon parted...

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Anonymous

Re: Benny Hinn Faith-Healing Expose [Re: Evolving]
    #1179674 - 12/30/02 09:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, and a farting horse never tires.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Benny Hinn Faith-Healing Expose [Re: ]
    #1179710 - 12/30/02 10:12 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

And always pay for your vegetables.

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1179900 - 12/30/02 11:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

lol, kinda makes me wanna start my own religion, lol. hmmmm, if you donate an ounce of mushies, and 500 dollars to me, I'll make sure you go to heaven. PM me for info on where to send yer required donation

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1180358 - 12/30/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Benny Hinn Faith-Healing Expose [Re: World Spirit]
    #1180378 - 12/30/02 04:59 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Enter.... if I thought it would do any good, I'd pray for your soul (if souls exist)...

Wake the fuck up, bub. If your entire belief system is so easily threatened by a little expose on a charlatan such as Benny Hinn, then you're up for some serious Self-examination.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Benny Hinn Faith-Healing Expose [Re: Sclorch]
    #1180411 - 12/30/02 05:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1180418 - 12/30/02 05:26 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Sclorch = Wolverine?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1180621 - 12/30/02 07:07 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well, Enter... I never said you were threatened, unless you define "you" as "your belief system", which I hope you don't.

Adamist- hehehe snickety snickety [/berserker rage]

But not really... I thought "bub" was less condescending than "chief" (a favorite of mine... but I have to keep in mind Enter's sensitivity to playful jabs).

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1180624 - 12/30/02 07:08 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Uh huh. Forget Dateline for a moment. Other Evangelical organizations cannot determine what is being done (if anything) with the $200,000,000. Why not share the good works with his congregation? Why the secrecy if no fraud?

More importantly, how much did you send him in 2002?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1180674 - 12/30/02 07:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Anonymous

#1180779 - 12/30/02 09:02 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Well, Enter... I never said you were threatened, unless you define "you" as "your belief system", which I hope you don't.

Adamist- hehehe snickety snickety [/berserker rage]

But not really... I thought "bub" was less condescending than "chief" (a favorite of mine... but I have to keep in mind Enter's sensitivity to playful jabs).   

Both you and Enter are aware of the Be Nice policy.

Thanks! :smile:

Chief    :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1180832 - 12/30/02 09:49 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Several years ago I read two of his books titled [u]Good Morning Holy Spirit and [u]The Anointing[/u]. They were good books and I learned a great deal from them. Since then I have learned a bit about Benny. Some of his teaching are both laughable and heretical. He's taight that since God gave Adam dominion over the animals and the hebrew word for that phrase meant they could do everything the animals could do that Adam could fly like a bird, like superman. It's rediculous! But some of his teachings have been dangerous to the faith of believers IMO as well. He has taught things that undermine the Trinity for instance.

Where I work now there are some people that are big fans of his. I criticized him as a man that misapproprates funds and teaches heresies. I was quicly chastized and told that I'll answer before God and not to judge others because I'll be judged.

Benn Hinn is IMO part of the "faith word cult" the "name it claim it" bunch. I think that at the very least their interpretation of scripture is flawed. They teach things like that Christians are children of the King and that they should never be poor. These guys appeal to peoples egos IMO and their sense of greed that they think they deserve riches. It's just ot gospel to think like that.

Trinity Broadcasting Network is full of false teachers like Hinn. I watched one I think was named Olsteen or somthing like that the other day and when he quoted scriptures I looked them up in my Bible. He misquoted them out of context. TBN is full of feel good preachers.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1180839 - 12/30/02 09:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I recommend watching his show at least a couple times before drawing significant conclusions about him. You might just be changed by the whole scenario that gets layed out before you.

Yea, instead of thinking "Damn, this guy sounds like a fraud." You'll be like "Damn this guy's fraud and a damn good actor!"

Anonymous

#1180878 - 12/30/02 10:21 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

All of you can laugh and mock this man but I'm telling you, I have bought his Amway products and my socks always come clean.

I think that speaks volumes for his integrity.

I rest my case.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1181242 - 12/31/02 05:44 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

No argument from me. I'm cetain that in Dante's 'Divine Comedy,' there is one rung of Hell that is appropriate for this kind of liar and fake healer. What is equally disconcerting is the fact of thousands upon thousands of people who listen, watch, believe and shell out to this bastard. Gnostics would call these masses 'hylics,' and the Bible more-or-less condemns those who 'seek after a sign,' because they have 'faith' in what is merely discernible by the senses. My Rolfer and chiropractor can do leg lengthenings, and though I have never tried it, I wouldn't be surprised if the relaxation induced by hypnosis wouldn't do the same. Faith healing works along such lines as well - nothing miraculous going on. Much of this TV evangelical stuff utilizes hypnotic techniques. I used to study Jimmy Swaggert's routine. When his emotions built to a crescendo, that is when the phone number was flashed on the screen to pledge.

Again, Christianity has 'colored' just another snake-oil salesman, and as P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute." Speaking of snakes, ever see snake-handling churches among certain 'hillpeople' populations, kissing rattlers and praising the miracle of not getting fanged? People die every year, weak faith, I guess. Picking up on little fetishistic aspects of the Scriptures, apart from the core Experience from which paranormal [miraculous] phenomena can flow always reminds me of the followers in 'Life of Brian.' He loses a sandal, and suddenly followers are carrying the new religious symbol - a sandal-on-a-stick. It seems to me that Christianity is like an atom, with the essential nucleus and a comparatively huge cloud of energy that attracts all kinds of free radicals to it - or shall I say free 'weirdos' like Hinn and his followers.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Anonymous

Re: Benny Hinn Faith-Healing Expose [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1181575 - 12/31/02 08:29 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

You should try some SA8 laundry soap. You would change your mind about Reverend Hinn.

Pm me if you want me to hook you up.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Benny Hinn Faith-Healing Expose [Re: ]
    #1181700 - 12/31/02 09:47 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Happy New Year, you silly moderator.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom