Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestinkfoot4
jesting host. tea anyone?
Male

Loc: maine
booms, big or small
    #11806311 - 01/11/10 03:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

if booms don't increase actives during growth why not eat them small? once they pin and grow for a day or 2 or 3 whats the advantage of letting them mature before eating them, barring spore collection or giving a shit about weight?
as far as trip power is there any need to wait till the buggers get big?

who who knows?
do tell

~stinky~

--------------------
i don't know, but i know i don't know. i'm sure i know this.  if you can't grow it don't take it

it wants me to get involved, but i won't. if i get involved why would i come back? I'll just set here and watch. it will be better for now to stay here. but i sure would like to get involved...

osmosis is a dandy learning stratidgy.
some say, some ask, some know

i cant spell dele with it
don't fool with me baby, you wouldn't last five minutes in my head

don't laugh at me, that's my job

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineT-Rex
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
Re: booms, big or small [Re: stinkfoot4]
    #11806538 - 01/11/10 06:39 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Bc when fruits grow in size so does their weight.
And the bigger the fruits the less mushrooms you'll have to eat bc eat fruit will have more mass.
Say you have 12 mushrooms on a cake. If you pick them when their small you'll prob get 1-2 trips worth. If you pick them when mature you'll increase your trips by 3-4 trips

Offlinestinkfoot4
Male

Re: booms, big or small [Re: T-Rex]
    #11806619 - 01/11/10 07:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:
And the bigger the fruits the less mushrooms you'll have to eat bc eat fruit will have more mass.
Say you have 12 mushrooms on a cake. If you pick them when their small you'll prob get 1-2 trips worth. If you pick them when mature you'll increase your trips by 3-4 trips

so, dose the amount of active increase during fruit growth. it sounds silly, but i have read otherwise.

is the amount of psilocin set as soon as the pin becomes a mushroom, or is more generated during the fruiting time.

and is there a distinct point where the "pin" transitions into a mushroom? what is the name for that?  thanks

~stinky~

--------------------
i don't know, but i know i don't know. i'm sure i know this.  if you can't grow it don't take it

it wants me to get involved, but i won't. if i get involved why would i come back? I'll just set here and watch. it will be better for now to stay here. but i sure would like to get involved...

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #11806628 - 01/11/10 07:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

stinkfoot4 said:
Quote:

T-Rex said:

so, dose the amount of active increase during fruit growth. it sounds silly, but i have read otherwise.

is the amount of psilocin set as soon as the pin becomes a mushroom, or is more generated during the fruiting time.

and is there a distinct point where the "pin" transitions into a mushroom? what is the name for that?  thanks

~stinky~

No, the amount of actives are not set from when they are a pin. If that were true then we would just pick pins for dosing.

pins/aborts are general more potent per gram of meterial and fully grown shrooms, but there do not contain the same amount of actives.

Also if it were true this would be problematic fo dosing. How would you know what the final size of that pin was supposed to be?

Its obvious that during growth they still gain actives. If your picking for consumption then pick when the veil is about to tear. Once the viel tears its generaly considered to just gain size/weight without much added actives

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinestinkfoot4
Male

Re: booms, big or small [Re: veda_sticks]
    #11806794 - 01/11/10 08:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

that is clear. thanks.

~stinky~

--------------------

InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #11807479 - 01/11/10 11:48 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i dont really know what to say
my guy started giving me the one where the cap isn't opening up quite yet.
But my guy before him would give me some really beautiful ones, caps as big as your hand and such.

--------------------
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. - Hunter S. Thompson

- believe what you may but take the internet with a grain of salt

Offlinecannabliss1
Stranger
Male

Loc: Chicago, Il, USA
Re: booms, big or small [Re: Scudreloaded]
    #11807685 - 01/11/10 12:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Unfotuneatly thats all they are, really big and beautiful.  Once the veil breaks they just get larger, and to the unwary buyer, look like large and potent shrooms.  IMO, aborts are the best, just because of their potency, but they do not look as good to the buyer.  Shroom growers will usually eat the aborts and smaller shrooms, and sell the big beautiful shrooms because they don't only look good, they have a high weight to psilocybin ratio.

Offlinestinkfoot4
Male

Re: booms, big or small [Re: cannabliss1]
    #11812175 - 01/11/10 11:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i was just wondering cause i have no intrest in weight per 'se, i have always gravitated toward the micro ones. city of tiny lights
all in good fun

~stinky~

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds