Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSyntaxFiend
Chaos Artist
Male

Loc: My Mind
shpongle Sucks
    #11800542 - 01/10/10 07:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Let's all revel together in the light that shpongle is tasteless dribble!

Hazaah!

Haha,serious topic, lets all discuss why theres better music than shpongle.

Edited by SyntaxFiend (01/10/10 08:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDon Juan
Yaqui Indian
Male

Re: shpongle Sucks [Re: SyntaxFiend]
    #11800564 - 01/10/10 08:10 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

haha... this is just like asking for a argument, not everyone has to like the same music that's what makes diversity so great :popcorn:

InvisibleMe_Roy
Stranger
Re: shpongle Sucks [Re: Don Juan]
    #11800570 - 01/10/10 08:12 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I think your use of the word "tasteless" is dead-on.

OfflineSyntaxFiend
Chaos Artist
Male

Re: shpongle Sucks [Re: Me_Roy]
    #11800693 - 01/10/10 08:53 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

"I think your use of the word "tasteless" is dead-on. "

haha, but i wanna debate you people not argue. There has to be a reason people like Sphongle, and if so, I wanna know why. If you like sphongle so much, why would I listen to that opposed to say Eloy, or Pink Floyd. And this isn't just one occasion either, why would I ever need to listen to shpongle? I've tried, certainly, but to no avail. I don't think its genetics, and opinion...meh, possibly, but, one guy once asked me what I liked listening to while tripping and well i said buckethead or Jefferson Airplane, and he said What? you listen to rock and roll when you trip!? I know this doesn't fit everyone but I just can't see anything good that comes out of shpongle, even the instrumentals are not that creative. I like complex music, and if its not complex than the lyrics better be inspiring, both reasons Sphongle is boooorrriiinnnggg and well, useless.

And perhaps these people who first start getting into the psychedelic experience first start listening to Shpongle and say hey this is the best and there's nothing better without giving all the other genres of music a chance. I'd rather listen to Friggin T-Bone Walker, famous blues artist than Sphongle. Call me weird, but I'm not the only one.

Edited by SyntaxFiend (01/10/10 08:54 AM)

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #11800702 - 01/10/10 08:56 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:shrug:

Most "trip music" bores me. Especially shpongle, slow and not trippy at all.

OfflineSyntaxFiend
Chaos Artist
Male

Re: shpongle Sucks [Re: Beanhead]
    #11800724 - 01/10/10 09:04 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yea, i totally agree, and I just went to pandora.com to listen to a shpongle song to try and figure out what its all about and I got it.

The true reason why Shpongle is trash and similar music like it is that this music makes you comfortable,perhaps to comfortable. Watch CNN or Glen Beck on Fox News and you'd realize that your government is trying to fundamentally eradicate all freedoms that people like Thomas Jefferson tried to protect. This music, in usage with the psychedelic experiences causes you to not think about REAL issues in your life. THis music actually would numb you to the point of not caring. And thats wrong

Thats why I choose to listen to music like IN Flames or Pink Floyd, because they talk about REAL issues. We need more music that can wake us up from this daze of being encapsulated by our governments for their sake and no one elses not music that offers nothing but your own thoughts of you are safe and everything is happy in the world.

WRONG

Until you realize this and you get as pissed off and ready to take back your world as me, will you be ready, until then Shpongle will not help you or anyone with anything ever.

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #11800732 - 01/10/10 09:08 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

No.

People should discover electronic music imo. More "feeling" it instead of just listening.

:shrug: unexplainable through a forum.

OfflineSheeno
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: England
    #11800774 - 01/10/10 09:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SyntaxFiend said:
Thats why I choose to listen to music like IN Flames or Pink Floyd, because they talk about REAL issues. We need more music that can wake us up from this daze of being encapsulated by our governments for their sake and no one elses not music that offers nothing but your own thoughts of you are safe and everything is happy in the world.

WRONG

Until you realize this and you get as pissed off and ready to take back your world as me, will you be ready, until then Shpongle will not help you or anyone with anything ever.

I've half explained this in the Mayhem thread to you, Syntax_Fiend, but I'll try again...

Music is art. Art helps us look and appreciate life. It colours existence. Why do you need to just be "tackling issues" the whole time? It sounds so prosaic. Why can't you sit back and enjoy yourself? I'll tell you one thing: when I'm tripping, and I'm listening to Shpongle, I am ENJOYING myself.

I love Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd. It's a wonderful song, whether tripping or not. What issue is it talking about, exactly? Seeing as you choose to listen to music which tackles issues. You also like Ayreon, a good prog metal outfit who mainly deals with fantasy concepts regarding space. What issue is Arjen Anthony Lucassen addressing in his music?

If people don't like Shpongle, then fine, they don't have to. They have this surrealism to them though which many people, myself included, appreciate: after all, why do you take psychedelics, if not because they're surreal?

You seem very confused and deluded. And for the record, In Flames are abysmal. All their songs which I've heard are whining about some girl. This is also NOT an issue. And it doesn't need to be, because music is there to be ENJOYED.

My advice to you, friend: get an eighth of shrooms or a tab or two of acid, and an hour or so into the trip put on Nothing Lasts... But Nothing is Lost by Shpongle. Enjoy yourself.

InvisibleMe_Roy
Stranger
Re: shpongle Sucks [Re: Beanhead]
    #11800778 - 01/10/10 09:21 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

While we may agree on Shpongle, SyntaxFiend, we definitely disagree on Glen Beck.  You think he's the wake-up call; I think he's the mouthpiece of the worst ignorance and malice.

I'd guess that Shpongle is all we'd agree upon

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#11801338 - 01/10/10 11:27 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Are You Shpongled? is a fairly boring album, I'll admit, but check out the songs Dorset Perception and Around the World in a Tea Daze from Tales of the Inexpressible... these are some of the best electronica I've heard.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: shpongle Sucks [Re: deCypher]
    #11801430 - 01/10/10 11:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

They have some songs that floor me at how trippy they are. Others aren't so good.

Star Sphongled Banner trips me out if I'm sober.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Invisiblestereolab
Wizard
Male

Loc: NY
Re: shpongle Sucks [Re: Rocker232]
    #11804885 - 01/10/10 09:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In Flames sucks.

I can't believe you listen to them, Hawkwind and Gong are way trippier and more satisfying.

see how easy it is to say "X sucks; Y is better" ?  Very.

I like most of the bands you've listed, like Pink Floyd and Eloy, but I also like Shpongle.  I believe music is meant to be explored.  It's lame if you just listen to a few genres and never broaden your horizons.  There are fantastic bands in virtually every genre I've explored - with a few exceptions but I do not consider these genres "bad", rather they just don't coincide with my music taste.

If you don't like certain music, you will only make enemies by expressing that (or cynical friends, I guess).  I used to do similar stuff, but I made fun of mainstream shit that was legitimately, IMO, lame - like Blink 182.  But I don't do that anymore, 'cause it's pointless.  If people want to listen to mainstream pop/rock, whatever.  I just won't talk to that person about music.

by the way, I listened to Star Shpongled Banner on my only salvia trip - 'twas awesome

--------------------
Space is
the Place
:aum:

Offlinegolbez03
Lucy Loves Molly

Loc: The Glove
    #11805026 - 01/10/10 09:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SyntaxFiend said:

We need more music that can wake us up from this daze of being encapsulated by our governments for their sake and no one elses

Since when was this the goal of music? A lot of people listen to music to escape the "world", and there's nothing wrong with that.

--------------------

OfflineSyntaxFiend
Chaos Artist
Male

#11806416 - 01/11/10 05:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Me_Roy said:
While we may agree on Shpongle, SyntaxFiend, we definitely disagree on Glen Beck.  You think he's the wake-up call; I think he's the mouthpiece of the worst ignorance and malice.

See, thats where you're wrong. YOu're the one who is ignorant. Obviously, from that statement. YOu think? You think like a typical american: comfortable with his way of life and being forced fed lies from your government to make you feel safe and secure. And you accept it because you're afraid, afraid of the responsibilities that you and everyone else must uphold, that this government, this country should be governed solely and directly from and by the people. You probably say, "Theres politicians out there, they know whats best for me, I dont need to do anything to protect my freedoms because my senator will".

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Naieve and insanely pitiful. But tahts your choice, I can't tell you you're making a right or wrong decision, but its definently not a good decision.

I listen to hawkwind and Gong too, don't worry. I have friends who listen to Sphongle and we argue occasionally about it but we're still friends. I don't understand the appeal of such a band and it doesn't seem like anyone can really tell me why shpongle is worth listening to.

In flames are fantastic and if you can't see that, for shame...

see how easy it is to say "X sucks; Y is better" ?

Yea, but people tell me the beatles suck and they listen to 50 Cent. Doesn't mean they are right. Just like now, shpongle sucks, not in flames.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#11806445 - 01/11/10 05:41 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

First two albums were ok, recent ones were lame and yes I love electronica it's just shpongle are mediocre at best.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#11806448 - 01/11/10 05:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag