Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineslowbird
Catalyst

Loc: outside looking in
practical astrology
    #1180226 - 12/30/02 02:41 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, a friend and I were talking the other night and we got on the topic of astrology, we talked for a while and came up with, in my opinion, some pretty valid ideas.  I'm just curious what everyone has to say about it.

I look at astrology as more of a classification system for peoples' personalities than a method of telling the future.  I got to thinking and i found some pretty convincing coincidences.  Like everything, there i'm sure there is an exception to the rule but every example i can think of fits this system.

I was born in March, spring, the time of change from the"bad" (winter, cold, death) to the "good" (summer, bright, life).  I think about my personality and it kinda fits this pattern, i am outgoing, i need constant change,  i tend to come out of my shell in spring and go back in in the autumn. There are a lot of other examples, but you get the point.  I look at people born in autumn or winter and they tend to be more introspective, where as i am the opposite. 

I will get into more dtail if someone responds :smile:

by the way, this is my first post. :smile: :smile:

--------------------
let go.................................

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: practical astrology [Re: slowbird]
    #1180295 - 12/30/02 03:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

hmm.. I also was born in March.. the 18th... I never realised it but yeah, I come out of my shell so to speak in spring, and during the winter months I kind of hibernate. Weird.
Astrology? I don't know too too much about it, but I think it's quite valid from what I've experienced.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy the company we call our own...

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: practical astrology [Re: nubious]
    #1180299 - 12/30/02 03:47 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I was born in February, and according to psychology, I'm an introvert. Every friend I can think of that was born in the winter is more introverted than say, someone born in the middle of summer or spring. Maybe it's a coincidence?  :shocked: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: practical astrology [Re: Adamist]
    #1180301 - 12/30/02 03:48 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Spring/Summer = self expressive

Fall/Winter = self reflective?

--------------------

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: practical astrology [Re: Adamist]
    #1180386 - 12/30/02 05:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Spring/Summer = self expressive

Fall/Winter = self reflective? 

I think I fall into both categories...
I'm one of the most introverted people I've ever met but I was born in the middle of summer. (June 30th, Cancer)

In other words, I don't think the classification necessarily works symbolically or specifically with the seasons.

As of now I think astrology has evolved to be a useful set of information for relating to, and learning about other people... but IME it should never be used as a rigid structure for classifying personalites. 
No matter how small the scale, classifying people and boxing them in has never been beneficial to anyone in the long term.

Maybe you've heard it before...(maybe I'm the only one who knows someone who's judgemental to the degree of being an "astrology racist?")

"Oh he's a dumb air sign, he probably won't get it...."

"Ugh... a Virgo!?! No WONDER!!!"

"Better watch what you say around her, she's a Pisces you know, very emotional... might take it personally..."

Besides, I will remain an eternal skeptic until an alien explains to me how it really works  :grin:             

Edited by dee_N_ae (12/30/02 05:06 PM)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: practical astrology [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1180401 - 12/30/02 05:16 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I agree!

By no means was I trying to box the entire human race into the categories of introvert and extrovert. But there are general differences that set humans apart, gender being one of the most obvious ones. Most people tend to fall into the category of introvert or extrovert when presented with a certain situation, but then again, the situations are always changing, and so do the reactions. For instance, although very introverted most of the time, in certain situations I can become an extrovert. It's all about adapting to the environment, and I think some people just have an instinctive way to adapt based on their ego structure, and these instincts generally fall into the category of introvert and extrovert.

Sorry if that didn't make any sense at all.  :grin:   

--------------------

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: practical astrology [Re: slowbird]
    #1181601 - 12/31/02 08:42 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I was born in June. Im a Gemini. My Moon is Red, and my Sun is Yellow. Most of my friends where born in July, September, and March. The ones that have green moons are very balanced people, and the ones that have other primary colored moons are less balanced and excerise less self control. The system im refering to is the navaching calendar.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: practical astrology [Re: Remy]
    #1181649 - 12/31/02 09:12 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Do you have any links that provides other information on this navaching calendar? I am interested.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom