Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
Loc: central NC
amanitas and MAOIs?
    #348865 - 06/25/01 07:26 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

what happens, same as with other shrooms? thanks.

--------------------
peace, happiness, love, girls, joy, euphoria, warmth, fuzzy, girls, touch, feeling, girls.
-me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: amanitas and MAOIs? [Re: thegoldenteacher]
    #349584 - 06/26/01 08:38 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

no. aminita alone is nothing like psilocybian shrooms. and MAOI would interact with a seritonin-related psychoactive compound like trypamines and ergolines.
aminita muscaria contains a completely different set of toxins, where psilocybian shrooms are warping your sences and making you giddy, amanita is tapdancing on your liver while banging your head with a dizzy-hammer and sticking its finger down your throat. unnaffected by MAOI. HOWEVER. MAOI is not something to mess around with. it is a very powerful perception-altering drug and interactions with common meds can be fatal. even the interaction with mushrooms that is commonly seen as a wanted boost is infact dangerous and something to be cautioned about. MAOI is stuff they give you when your brain needs chemical re-alignment. dabbling with them can gradually throw things out of wack. yes this statement is grossly unsceintific, but the question was just wrong and i think thats why it wasnt getting answered. you ought to know not to take cough supressant on an MAOI!!! particularly dextromethorphan. i once new a guy who ended up in the hospital from 2 teaspoons of robo.

madness never slows down, it only piles up.

Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
Re: amanitas and MAOIs? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #349673 - 06/26/01 10:53 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not trying to make you think im a jerk but:
"but the question was just wrong and i think thats why it wasnt getting answered"

explain, how is the valid question of asking what the effects of amanitas and MAOIs wrong? I am curious as to what angle you are coming from...

--------------------
peace, happiness, love, girls, joy, euphoria, warmth, fuzzy, girls, touch, feeling, girls.
-me

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#349692 - 06/26/01 11:29 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

maois souldnt be messed with by people who DO know what they are for. the question wasnt getting answered, true enough. and the reason i think was because people read it, and instanly knew you have no knowlage of MAOI. its not just a potion that boosts your trip. its a complex bunch of chemicals that (in simple terms) re configure your nervous functions. the question was wrong because since shrooms are nowhere near in any way related to the effects you would get from aminita muscaria, it stands to reason that they couldn't possibly be the same with an MAOI. and if you diddnt know that aminita mucsaria and psilocybes are different, or what MAOIs do, then what good is your question getting answered going to do you? thats why i wasnt going to answer it at first, i thought, gee, why would anyone ask that? its like compairing an apple to a frog and asking if they both grow on trees.
and its only my oppinion that messing around with MAOI is like taking a wrench to a bunch of screws for fun.

if the question was more accurate it would go something like this:
what possible complications can occur with Aminita Muscaria and MAOI?

I cannot answer that question tho. and i really dont reckon many people could. suffice to say that Muscimol is not a seritonin-related compond and therefore would not have the same effect as Psilocybin when taken in conjuntion with an MAOI or otherwise, knowoing that just psilocybin and just A muscaria are different, you would know that a muscaria wouldnt be the same as shrooms on an MAOI, so im assuming you dont know the difference between the 2 mushroom genera from youre general statement. its the kinda question that is general and requires too much interpretation to give a straight informed answer too. thats all. i wasnt calling you dumb or nothing

another reason i think the question was wrong is why the heck would anyone want to supercharge amanita muscaria?

if youre already taking an MAOI for psycho-medicinal reasons then i can see a use for such information, in which case you really ought to consult your doctor.

Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
    #350001 - 06/27/01 12:00 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

thanks michnast, I've taken amanitas before just not other shrooms, I guess in the future I should clarify exactly what I mean, I obviously meant what would be the outcome of mixing amanitas and a MAOI. I didn't understand the complexity of the chemicals in both, nor was I thinking about actually doing it, I was just curious. nevertheless, thankyou.

--------------------
-me

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#350055 - 06/27/01 01:07 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

no prob, sorry to be so blunt with my oppinions. im personally sorta against MAOI usage and i dont like aminitas at all simply because they make me vomit :)

Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
    #350324 - 06/27/01 07:12 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

hahaha I like that vomit part, yeah anything that makes you vomit can't be good!!! no, but seriously I have researched MAOIs a little more and I am beginning to agree with you, they do look very dangerous, not something for anyone to mess with probably.

--------------------
-me

OfflineToadfreak1
Stranger

Re: amanitas and MAOIs? NEED TO KNOW BASIS!! [Re: thegoldenteacher]
    #11799681 - 01/10/10 01:01 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Here is my question, I curently take ssri zoloft, also remron, but I plan to eat amanita muscaria as soon as they arive from the vendor I just ordered them from. I heard from an online source that amanita have an maoi compound,(which do not mix with SSRI!!!!) I cant confirm or believe this, I was wondering if anyone on ssri drugs have tried it before? Will I be safe? Please answer back,

Offlinepmb
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: amanitas and MAOIs? NEED TO KNOW BASIS!! [Re: Toadfreak1]
    #11799739 - 01/10/10 01:16 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sure if amantias contain an MAOI, but any active dose of an MAOI in combination with an SSRI or a serotonin increasing drug can be very dangerous or lethal.

--------------------
Don't smell the flowers, They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind

OfflineToadfreak1
Stranger

Re: amanitas and MAOIs? NEED TO KNOW BASIS!! [Re: pmb]
    #11799767 - 01/10/10 01:24 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

What about remron with amanita? It is a totally different antidepresant from an ssri? Anyone on remron ever take amanita?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom