Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSillyBilly
Professional

Loc: Californi-eh
    #11799574 - 01/10/10 02:31 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din

Edited by SillyBilly (01/24/10 08:38 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineomnia
Universe Interpreter
Male

Re: Koh Samui grow [Re: SillyBilly]
    #11799591 - 01/10/10 02:35 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

very nice! do you plan on eating or spore prints?

--------------------

OfflineSillyBilly
Professional

Re: Koh Samui grow [Re: omnia]
    #11799626 - 01/10/10 02:46 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I harvested 9 of them for prints. I rarely trip and just grow for the fun of it.

--------------------

Offlineomnia
Universe Interpreter
Male

#11799646 - 01/10/10 02:52 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

you could send them my way if your bored :cool: haha great grow man!

--------------------

OfflineSillyBilly
Professional

#11799666 - 01/10/10 02:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Send me a pm with your details and I will.

--------------------

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
    #11799693 - 01/10/10 03:03 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

very nice! do you plan on eating or spore prints?

How about printing and then eating them?

OfflineSillyBilly
Professional

Re: Koh Samui grow [Re: Fahkface]
    #11799705 - 01/10/10 03:07 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I will probably try them out, but I have been saving up my tolerance for a future pan grow. :smile:

--------------------

Offlineomnia
Universe Interpreter
Male

#11799741 - 01/10/10 03:16 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

hey do you know a link to where you can buy these my friend is interested and i cant find a link for him ?

--------------------

OfflineSillyBilly
Professional

#11799806 - 01/10/10 03:32 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I actually got these from a trade, I do believe ralpsters has this specific "strain".
http://www.ralphstersspores.com/USA/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=71

--------------------

InvisibleHerman_Munster
Goodbye Sober Day
Male

Loc: Forgotten in Space
    #11799956 - 01/10/10 04:17 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What were these guys like to grow? I haven't found really any info on them across the net, which has led me to believe they may be a little less hardy than the average cube. How is the potency btw? Isn't that what they're supposed to be known for (aside from their use in the full moon ceremony). I'd like to grow actives, but personally refuse to unless it should become legal to do so.

ANYWAY, beautiful fruits! Congrats on a successful grow!

--------------------
:peace: :blazed: don't regret the rules I broke, when I die bury me in smoke :blazed: :peace:

OfflineSillyBilly
Professional

Re: Koh Samui grow [Re: Herman_Munster]
    #11799967 - 01/10/10 04:22 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

No idea on the potency, the guy I got the original print from told me it was one of the most potent strains he ever grew. Of course its multispore and its a huge gamble. These has some hollow stems but fairly stable and they were about average size, nothing incredible.

--------------------

InvisibleHerman_Munster
Goodbye Sober Day
Male

#11799993 - 01/10/10 04:31 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Did you end up with any of the little stub-shrooms that seem to be so common with this strain?

--------------------
:peace: :blazed: don't regret the rules I broke, when I die bury me in smoke :blazed: :peace:

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #11800036 - 01/10/10 04:46 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

What were these guys like to grow? I haven't found really any info on them across the net, which has led me to believe they may be a little less hardy than the average cube. How is the potency btw? Isn't that what they're supposed to be known for (aside from their use in the full moon ceremony). I'd like to grow actives, but personally refuse to unless it should become legal to do so.

All Cubes require the same grow parameters!
There are phenotypes, that require more FAE etc. but you can't say if they do, when they come from MS inoculation, because it's always random what comes out, depending on the specific genetic information the particular "strain" you've grown is set together from!

The same thing with potency. Certain isolated "strains"
tend to develop potent fruits and less often less potent ones. But this again is shot in the dark, since every print/syringe contains tons of different genetic information, that are able to develop mushrooms, of which the fruits are weak or potent, stubby or long etc.
Certain isolates were obviously made from potent, stubby or penis shaped fruits, which increases the possibility for the mushrooms of this isolate to be potent, stubby or penis shaped but doesn't guarantee it!
It isn't connected to the name someone wrote on a syringe, it's connected to the genes and their assembly a mushroom forms from!

Quote:

Did you end up with any of the little stub-shrooms that seem to be so common with this strain?

The "stub-shrooms" are common for Koh Samui Super Strain, not for the regular Koh Samui strain.
The Super strain is an isolate of the original Koh Samui strain, with an increased tendency to develop Hobbit-fruits.

Offlinetinyfists
Stranger

#11800130 - 01/10/10 05:22 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

nice grow..

I might have to try those out.

InvisibleHerman_Munster
Goodbye Sober Day
Male

#11802608 - 01/10/10 04:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fahkface said:
Quote:

There are phenotypes, that require more FAE etc. but you can't say if they do, when they come from MS inoculation, because it's always random what comes out, depending on the specific genetic information the particular "strain" you've grown is set together from!

tend to develop potent fruits and less often less potent ones. But this again is shot in the dark, since every print/syringe contains tons of different genetic information, that are able to develop mushrooms, of which the fruits are weak or potent, stubby or long etc.
Certain isolates were obviously made from potent, stubby or penis shaped fruits, which increases the possibility for the mushrooms of this isolate to be potent, stubby or penis shaped but doesn't guarantee it!
It isn't connected to the name someone wrote on a syringe, it's connected to the genes and their assembly a mushroom forms from!

Quote:

The "stub-shrooms" are common for Koh Samui Super Strain, not for the regular Koh Samui strain.
The Super strain is an isolate of the original Koh Samui strain, with an increased tendency to develop Hobbit-fruits.

How can you say that they all require the same growth parameters, just because they are the same species? Most of these strains developed in completely different regions of the world, in different environments, and over time, they would have adapted to fit these environmental requirements respectively. Just because these strains are the same species, means nothing. Species is a relative term that we use to simplify things. Realistically, you could give each of these mushrooms their own subspecies, at least.

--------------------

Offlineripdbagdarr
Stranger

#11802674 - 01/10/10 05:09 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

nice grow man looks good . LoL gotta love the thread fights too people are so touchy but those roomies look tasty very nice . That viel looks like a condom hanging

Edited by ripdbagdarr (01/10/10 05:10 PM)

Offlinesacredvisions88
Shroomy
 User Gallery

#11802695 - 01/10/10 05:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SillyBilly said:
I will probably try them out, but I have been saving up my tolerance for a future pan grow. :smile:

hell ya those pans are nice, man!  Well worth the time tolerance-building!

--------------------
.-'~~~-.
        .'o oOOOo`.        "I am ... a mushroom
        :~~~-.oOo  o`.    On whom the dew of heaven drops now and then."
        `. \ ~-.  oOOo.          - John Ford
          `.; / ~.  OO:
          .'  ;-- `.o.'
          ,'  ; ~~--'~
          ;  ;             
      _\\;_\\//_

everything is organic..

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #11805920 - 01/11/10 02:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Herman_Munster said:
Quote:

Fahkface said:
Quote:

Quote:

How can you say that they all require the same growth parameters, just because they are the same species? Most of these strains developed in completely different regions of the world, in different environments, and over time, they would have adapted to fit these environmental requirements respectively. Just because these strains are the same species, means nothing. Species is a relative term that we use to simplify things. Realistically, you could give each of these mushrooms their own subspecies, at least.

Quote:

and over time, they would have adapted to fit these environmental requirements respectively. Just because these strains are the same species, means nothing. Species is a relative term that we use to simplify things. Realistically, you could give each of these mushrooms their own subspecies, at least.

This is speculative!

Although the term "species" once was a rather vague categorization of morphological / physical features, this has changed in the past decades.
In order to be able to deal with things on the same level, without negotiating certain meanings over, and over again, every time you talk about them, we got used to move within the rules of science and scientific terms.
That's why we have to stick to scientific categorizations as long as no newer insights are gained.
Because we now have new and more exact ways to categorize mushrooms, plenty of long known species are re-named, due to the differences in taxonomy that appear, once the mushroom was examined again, with the help of new methods.
So neither I nor anyone else can exclude the possibility for "Psilocybe cubensis" or any of it's "strains" (that mostly describe where the mushroom was originally found) to actually be re-named and categorized somewhere else.
But as long, as this hasn't happened we have to stick to the assumption that it's indeed all the same species.
Subspecies, however have to differentiate in their taxonomy to actually be a subspecies. Psilocybe subcubensis, for example is a subspecies, because it's spore size is smaller than of the actual Psilocybe cubensis, as well as as the pleurocystidia.
So these are taxonomic differences, when it comes to mushrooms. Other "strains", however -yet- don't show differences such as these, which is why they ain't subspecies, but phenotypes of the species Psilocybe cubensis.
The fact that things such as shape and potency vary greatly within the same "strain" is caused by the common gene pool of the species.
You can grow penis like fruits from any strain, as well as you can grow regular looking fruits from the PE strain. PE, KSSS and any albino strain are isolates (so the genetic variety is thinned out), that were made to provide a high tendency for these strains to develop fruits that look a certain way.
This, however does not mean they always look like this!

Yet science has actually little idea, when it comes to mushrooms, but the current status of knowledge when it comes to Psilocybe cubensis is, that all "strains" around the world are the same species, because no taxonomic differences have yet shown.
And, as I said before, since all "strain", no matter where they came from can develop any kinds of shapes and levels of potency etc. it's to assume, that they all have a common gene pool, that inhabit the information that is required to develop these fruits, of which the shape etc. is nothing more than phenotypic features, that don't make an Indian Psilocybe cubensis another species or subspecies than an US originated Psilocybe cubensis. The variation of the "strains" is nothing more than an increased tendency of developing certain features!
The same is for the grow parameters. I'm not saying that all "strains" (and a strain is nothing more than a phenotype) require the same parameters to grow (I did, because it was easy to understand). It's just not dependent on where they were found and what name is written on the syringe, but of which genetic information the mushroom you've cultivated is set together, which is something you can't say by looking at it, but what you have to test. As long as don't deal with a clone all the time and cultivate the clone over and over again under different circumstances, you have actually no chance to make out what exact preferences the mushroom has in terms of parameters.
And since the same parameters work for all "strains" or Psilocybe cubensis, it's likely, that they all require the same (at least so to say, that we can deal with them).
I'm pretty sure, that the outcome of certain phenotypes would be better under slightly different parameters, but you'd still have the problem of not knowing what your particular phenotype would like best to grow in.
The general parameters work for all phenotypes. Other circumstances, that might work for one phenotype probably don't work for others, which is why it's said, that they all require the same ones.

Pretty easy actually:shrug:

Edited by Fahkface (01/11/10 03:25 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation