Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedefthreat
xxx
 User Gallery

Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: Starspawn]
    #1176583 - 12/29/02 04:35 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Obviously substrate is a key factor. But what we are trying to say is that the strain you are growing is also a key factor. Each strain has bit of genetic diversity from one another. There is no way your going to grow Golden Teacher sized mushrooms with the Huautla strain no matter what your substrate is or how much you use.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: defthreat]
    #1176609 - 12/29/02 05:05 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

One of the Cambodian strains kicking around is a small fruit

hmmm... interesting: i think i may be growing that cambodian. what was the potency like, Roadkill, in your opinion?

for details see my post "just showing off my pinset". sorry i can't give the source - they were grown from a print in my cupboard, dunno where from.

--------------------
buh

OfflineStarspawn
NotGoodJustLucky
Loc: ShowMeState
Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: defthreat]
    #1176757 - 12/29/02 06:36 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I agree.The point of this thread is to grow small fruits.If the same strain is used the dung/straw will grow large on average.If the grain is cased the fruits will be small on average.I can't understand why this post turned so ugly.I guess the best way is to do it yourself.Nothing is better then experence,so read all you can and apply it to your own situation.

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #1176801 - 12/29/02 07:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Who do you think you are superspun? Road is a vetran, he knows his shit. Respects your elders!

And the best way to get a large fruit is not necassaraly what substrate you use, but how much of it you use. Of course a bulk substrate is going to produce larger healthier fruits, but thats not the only thing that needs to be concidered. Its the substrate VOLUME that will produce a large fruit. The large the volume, the healthier the mycelium network, which leaves you with large fruits.

Hey you are right though, experience is important.....chances are Roadkill has much more of this than you. And you turned your thread ugly, noone else.

Quik edit: Different strains, have different characteristics. Some strains are known to produce small fruits. Yet that same strain will produce a bigger than usuall fruit on a bulk substrate of a larger volume.

You want samll? You got answers, try Huautla. Or one of the other many Mexican strains. IME the Mexi-cube can get large, mabey steer away from that one.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Edited by pleezr (12/29/02 07:07 AM)

OfflineStarspawn
NotGoodJustLucky
Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: pleezr]
    #1177022 - 12/29/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I would NEVER disrespect Roadkill,i have read his posts and learned from them.I don't have a degree in mycology so i really had to learn this shit by trial and error so if someone asks and i know what works i will tell them.Do i need a 1000 posts or pictures to help people? If i don't know first hand then i won't say that i do.I still have my old homestead kit from 1994,and the Oss and Oeric paperback MMGG.Does that really matter or are posts all that count?

Anonymous

Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: SixCee]
    #1177062 - 12/29/02 09:41 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

howbout an answer your looking for!!!!!

i researched a few weeks back, and the conclusion i cam up with was: matias romero. they grow short fat stalks, and fat caps. i couldnt find anyone with Mat Rom spores, but if you can, more power to you.

p.s. if you find some spores, tell them to drop me a pm

InvisibleSubGen1us

#1177096 - 12/29/02 09:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Starspawn
First of all ur the one that keeps talking about post numbers, noone else in this post has mentioned it except you. Same as pictures, u gave ur input, then someone gave theyre input with pictures. Right after that u started flipping out.
-----
Starspawn Wrote:
Substrate is what makes the size change.Cakes and cased grain make small fruits,not that large ones can't grow from grain but overall they will be small.If you use bulk substrate like dung and straw,large fruits will grow.The strain does'nt effect the size as much as substrate.
-----
Roadkill responded with:
I do use dung....and they still are small fruits.
Substrate has nothing to do with these strains that I mentioned.
Better go do some reading or growing before you try and say otherwise.
Go check some Spore Vendors sites too....they have them listed as such.
-----
That comment along with seeing roadkills large post number must have intimidated Starspawn.
-----
Starspawn writes:
Just because you are posting does'nt make you a expert.And if you are so sure then you put bulk substrate in a small butter bucket and show all your small fruits.I have allready tried both,more then once,so you can read all you want but with no proof it means nothing.
-----
Basically i think Roadkill was annoyed by this and not wanting to have anymore of his time wasted he told YOU off and replied with this:
-----
Roadkill writes:
whatever you say sport.

I have grown almost every strain out and then some that aren't released yet.
I have grown them on cakes and in almost every size container possible.
I have grown them off BRF, Rye Grain, Birdseed.
I have spawned more horse poo than two horses can make in a year.

what have you done?
pick your ass?

I don't need to prove shit asshole....go look at a Vendors fucking description of the fucking fruit asswipe!!!

move along!
-----
This is the last post in this thread by Roadkill
-----
Then You replied agin with this:
-----
Starspawn writes:
If you are advising that bulk substrate is the best way to grow small fruits then that is not right.How could you not know that?
-----
he did not say that and i still do not understand where this even came from.

WIth that said lets start about the pictures

-----
defthreat writes:
My Huautla's spawned to dung were about 8 inches tall with stems like a pencil and little 1-1/2 inch caps!!

StarSpawn: Yes size is dependant on the strain and substrate. And StarSpawn "Just because you are posting does'nt make you a expert." How about you post some of your casings and we'll compare them to Roadkill's. Actually here's a link for you Roadkill's Poo Tek

I think it's time to do some reading son...
-------
Starspawn replies with:
So if i don't post pictures then i'm full of shit.I guess thats an easy way to judge a persons sincerity,but if it's that big of a deal then don't post an answer.I don't understand why a list of accomplishments and a few pictures gets automatic respect as a pro.I am not the one claiming to know everything so i have no intrest in posting any comparison list of questionable activity,fictional or not.Substrate makes the differents in size.Try it yourself.Make one casing of grain and a casing of bulk.You will see.
----
Anyways why do you care whos considered a pro, roadkill is here to help people. He makes many post with helpfull informations and because of the pictures he has proved the things he said.
So yes, picture give proof. Therefor until you post pictures or PROVE anything that u say is true im not going to believe you, especially because the posts that i have read of yours have been wrong and might have even made me stupider by reading them.

Starpawn Writes:
I would NEVER disrespect Roadkill,i have read his posts and learned from them.I don't have a degree in mycology so i really had to learn this shit by trial and error so if someone asks and i know what works i will tell them.Do i need a 1000 posts or pictures to help people? If i don't know first hand then i won't say that i do.I still have my old homestead kit from 1994,and the Oss and Oeric paperback MMGG.Does that really matter or are posts all that count?

Baically with this You complain about the post #, NOONE BUT YOU has said anythign about the number of posts or anything about pictures.

I think ur just mad that someone shot you down and basically ur whole arguments are based on non related material witch makes it IMPOSSIBLE to argue with you because U'll just come back with some more non related material that makes no sence in hopes that someone will forget all the shit that started the fight in the first place.

--------------------

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #1177099 - 12/29/02 09:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Who said anything about posts? uhm, your in the wrong lane bro.

You got some answers(er...advice). Go with it.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

OfflineStarspawn
NotGoodJustLucky
Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: pleezr]
    #1177289 - 12/29/02 11:15 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Holy shit SubGen1us did i piss you off that much?I can't believe all that typing.Sixcee is who wants the small fruits,not me,and i'm getting flamed from all sides.You are all right,i'm wrong.Piece

Anonymous

#1177599 - 12/29/02 01:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

:laugh: 

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: ]
    #1179655 - 12/30/02 09:44 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks all but sadly this post was transformed into a flame war... Hhhmmmm... Well anyways this is great I didn't know you can do a bulk grow with poo alone and without straw. Thank you very much Roadkill for that insightful and entertaining poo tek. I gotta try it one day, later all.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: SixCee]
    #1179841 - 12/30/02 11:16 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

okay, the obvious counter-question (since we're talking strain micro-subdivisions here) is.... biggest fruit? i have to.. er.. make only huge fruits, a foot tall at least, in a tiny but really tall and thin secret growroom. who can recommend a strain that always grows big fat fuckers, no matter what substrate they're grown on?

PLEASE don't lets go back into a flame war: all vendors are good, all growers are good, we're all here for the same reason. mycology, and the pursuit of fungal research, right?

shirley

--------------------
buh

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1179866 - 12/30/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The largest fruit is the Orissa India...without a doubt. 22"

Another large fruit is the "A" strain. 18"

Gulf Coast can get quite large also. 17"

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1179867 - 12/30/02 11:28 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

the only reason i flipped is cause u cant explain stuff to stupid people, i had to put it in a way he would understand so the fighting would stop.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: SubGen1us]
    #1179869 - 12/30/02 11:28 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

bro just ignore him....i did

--------------------
Laterz, Road

You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:

InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: Roadkill]
    #1179876 - 12/30/02 11:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I know but i got nuthing better to do =P

--------------------

InvisibleSubGen1us

#1179887 - 12/30/02 11:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

nuthign was going on so i had to waste some time, also gave people stuff to read.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #1179902 - 12/30/02 11:38 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I'm waiting for him to come in and say that the Orissa India isn't the largest Cubensis.

lolzz

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Brainiac said:

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Smallest fruit? [Re: Roadkill]
    #1180043 - 12/30/02 12:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

22'!!?  Thats as big as....two rulers!  Wow that is huge!

EDIT:  Im eating a lot more potatoes now.  Gotta get rid of the margarine.  :tongue:

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Edited by SixCee (12/30/02 12:56 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds