Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Edible Recommendations
    #1178917 - 12/30/02 06:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What edible would be best suited to grow using the same techniques commonly used for p. cubies? This would mean using spore syringes (made from prints) and possibly BRF and definitely grain. I would like to be able to simultaneously prepare, incubate, and fruit both edibles and cubies using the same methods and grow areas. Is this possible, and if so, with what edibles would it be possible?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Edible Recommendations [Re: debianlinux]
    #1179128 - 12/30/02 08:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

*wink*

he he heh, i know where you're coming from.
try searching for spores for pleurotus ostreatus, the oyster mushroom. that's nicely edible.

ever wondered why growing orchids in your living room is so popular ?... :smile: 

--------------------
buh

Offlinebearrun
Stranger
Re: Edible Recommendations [Re: shirley knott]
    #1180781 - 12/30/02 11:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

growing edibles is not normally done in little jars and is not done using spore syringes....thats a method designed for magic mushrooms only because the cultures are illegal so we start from spores

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Edible Recommendations [Re: bearrun]
    #1181018 - 12/31/02 04:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i'm quite aware of that. starting from spores is big pain in the ass anyway considering how long they take and their risk of contamination. the fact that I can start from culture is a good thing. I'm curious if there any grain loving edibles that incubate and fruit in the same conditions as cubes. pleurotis ostreatus is a wood-eater and I'm a little concerened about their heavy spore load as the growing area will be quite well seald (read small spaces) and I will be marketing them and don't want a portion of my customers complaining of allergic reactions and stomach upsets from my product.

ps: edibles can definitely be cultivated using most of the same methods involved with cubes when starting from cube cultures. the main objective is to be able to prepare both species simultaneously and preferably incubate and fruit simultaneously so as to minimize the workload and space requirements of doing them separately. e.g. I don't mind mixing different substrate recipes as long as the sterilization and culture Xfer and spawning and fruiting are the nearly identical.

Edited by debianlinux (12/31/02 04:20 AM)

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Edible Recommendations [Re: debianlinux]
    #1181059 - 12/31/02 04:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Did you check the Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms forum? Try doing a search in there as your question has been asked many times before.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Edible Recommendations [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1182165 - 12/31/02 08:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Shemiji are dead easy and require the same temps as cubensis. You can grow them in a similar fashion to cubensis with jars and syringes - although you will need to substitute alder or hardwood chips for brf.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation