Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBucknaztee
Stranger
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: CH HELL]
    #11718367 - 12/25/09 08:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you hell,

I picked the big fruit and put it in the fridge; it has been turning a bright blue, picked a few more that were ready and put them in a loosely wrapped paper bag, and there is bright blue where I plucked them off the cake, figured that was normal bruising. Seems that more are unveiling before my eyes; so i wonder, when is it safe to say the flush is over and time to dunk again and when to call an abort an abort?
      Z

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBucknaztee
Stranger
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Bucknaztee]
    #11724607 - 12/27/09 05:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So i harvested 100 g wet from 2 cakes yesterday, but do not have a fan for drying.  They have been sitting on a bookshelf under a ceiling fan on high for about 12 hours, and are feeling and appearing quite dry. How long should I keep this up?  I could not find any desiccant in my area, but a fellow at home depot recommended ice melter, which contains calcium chloride, salt, and a magnesium something or other.  How much of this should i use?  I plan on using a medium sized Tupperware for drying. Thanks.
      P.S.-how long should cakes dunk after the first flush, I'm currently at 15 hours. And should they be rolled again?

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #11724701 - 12/27/09 06:24 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You want them to end up cracker dry. That ice melter stuff will work, and a big bag is pretty cheap.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinerizingfire
Mycoticus psychoticus
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North-east USm'f'nA
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Doc_T]
    #11724870 - 12/27/09 07:49 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, I can't believe this place is as bigg as it is with all these rules...yet "showing everyone respect" isn't a requirement...

So basically, if you are new, what he is saying is don't ask questions or else you'll be flamed

Don't ask for spores or you will be banned

Don't talk to people or you will be flamed

If you aren't a pro, don't talk....most of the assholes don't care what you have to say but if you talk, they will flame you

Holding any ideology other than the ignorance embraced here will be subject to suspension after flaming...

Having an opinion other than that of the common douche is unacceptable....

Helping others is frowned upon...

Though the search function only comes up with 5,000 pages of crap unrelated to your search, it is your responsibility to read on your own even if the info isn't available, all others will be flamed for any intelligent questions they might have...

Sorry, not to be a dick but it is true....and funny in a sad way. To think of all the people who could be helped if there was a no flaming policy in the cultivation forums....yet no one does anything to better the environment here. This site has so much potential...

--------------------
aka NHMI

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11725331 - 12/27/09 10:08 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

rizingfire said:
Wow, I can't believe this place is as bigg as it is with all these rules...yet "showing everyone respect" isn't a requirement...

So basically, if you are new, what he is saying is don't ask questions or else you'll be flamed

Don't ask for spores or you will be banned

Don't talk to people or you will be flamed

If you aren't a pro, don't talk....most of the assholes don't care what you have to say but if you talk, they will flame you

Holding any ideology other than the ignorance embraced here will be subject to suspension after flaming...

Having an opinion other than that of the common douche is unacceptable....

Helping others is frowned upon...

Though the search function only comes up with 5,000 pages of crap unrelated to your search, it is your responsibility to read on your own even if the info isn't available, all others will be flamed for any intelligent questions they might have...

Sorry, not to be a dick but it is true....and funny in a sad way. To think of all the people who could be helped if there was a no flaming policy in the cultivation forums....yet no one does anything to better the environment here. This site has so much potential...

Who is aimed at?  Doc T??:confused:
Quote:

ZLeiterman said:
So i harvested 100 g wet from 2 cakes yesterday, but do not have a fan for drying.  They have been sitting on a bookshelf under a ceiling fan on high for about 12 hours, and are feeling and appearing quite dry. How long should I keep this up?  I could not find any desiccant in my area, but a fellow at home depot recommended ice melter, which contains calcium chloride, salt, and a magnesium something or other.  How much of this should i use?  I plan on using a medium sized Tupperware for drying. Thanks.
      P.S.-how long should cakes dunk after the first flush, I'm currently at 15 hours. And should they be rolled again?

Salt or rice works then seal them in a pint/quart jar or they will absorb humdity from the air.
12-24 hour dunk is fine, no need to roll again.
CH

Offlineiboston
Snowbound

Mexicana Strain A [Re: CH HELL]
    #11725729 - 12/27/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Help with cultivation on the mexicana.

It's been about three weeks now.  I started with 4 quart jars.
Only 2 of them have just a pinky size blot of white mycelia growth.  I've had people tell me to turn down the temp, turn up the temp.
Help...

Here is what i did.
4 Quart Jars
Poked whole in Jar, closed up hole with PolyFill.
I used Rye Berries, as i was told that was best for Mexicana.  I added 300ml rye, and 150 ml water.  Pressure cooked it for an hour.  Waited for it to cool.

Flamed needle and inoculated.  Put in old fridge with heat lamp thats pointed down and put jars in Cardboard box that keeps out all light. At first kept it at 75 F, now keeping it at 80 F.  Humidity is around 75% inside the fridge.

Growth Seems AWFULLY Slow.  I was told the mycelia should quickly spread thought out the jar, and then the slow process would be the growth of the truffles.

Any clues as what i have done wrong, or whats going on?

Thanks

--------------------
Love Life.
    Live Life.
      Explore Life.

iBoston

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mexicana Strain A [Re: iboston]
    #11725840 - 12/27/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Iboston it sounds like they are not getting any gas exchange if they are in a fridge make sure the door is open.  The other factors are not that important,  temps between 69-80f are fine,  humidity is not an issue,  light also not an issue.
Give them some air and you should be fine.
CH

OfflineBucknaztee
Stranger
Re: Mexicana Strain A [Re: CH HELL]
    #11726241 - 12/27/09 01:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

thanks hell

Offlineiboston
Snowbound

Re: Mexicana Strain A [Re: CH HELL]
    #11730425 - 12/28/09 08:44 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I will give that a try.

Thank YOU.

--------------------
Love Life.
    Live Life.
      Explore Life.

iBoston

OfflineBucknaztee
Stranger
Re: Mexicana Strain A [Re: iboston]
    #11731641 - 12/28/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Can anyone tell me why my jars are pinning early? I have some cakes that were 95%+ colonized with 6-10 large pins that survived a dunk or two and are fruiting with no signs of contamination, but just checked an incubating jar that is barely at 80% and had 4 fat pins show up today.  The jars have been colonizing for 33 days on a bookshelf in front of a large window at about 74-76F; I here that's quite a while. so I'm thinking that my substrate has dried out and has gone into survival mode?  I don't think it would be worth to crumble and case since i don't have that many cakes left, what should i do?

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mexicana Strain A [Re: Bucknaztee]
    #11731686 - 12/28/09 01:28 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

sounds like its dry or bacteria.  if its pinning then the myc thinks its fully colonized cuz it cant colonize any further for some reason (contams or conditions arent right).  if you dont see molds its 1 of the 2 that I stated.  if its colonized all but the bottom its prob bacteria.  myc will still eat dry sub if its getting moisture from the rest of it. 

how big/many gas exchange holes are in your lids How did you make your lids?:strokebeard:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

OfflineBucknaztee
Stranger
Re: Mexicana Strain A [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11731781 - 12/28/09 01:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

13 I 4 holes in the lid through the micropore tape, the rubber seal is up, foil was left on for first 2 1/2 weeks.  Nothing but dry verm for protection, but no VISIBLE contaminants.  They have slowed but have not stalled; i have been tracking growth these last few days that i've seen pins, so it's still visibly colonizing.  Thanks 13

OfflinejoeDaniels
learner
Male

need help [Re: Bucknaztee]
    #11732772 - 12/28/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

im ordering everything in two weeks its going to be my first grow.  i need helpful tips for the grow bag and how it works  do i add aything before i inject or just inject put n place and let grow will someone plese help e so i dnt lose any money on this

--------------------
imglad i found ths sit

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: need help [Re: joeDaniels]
    #11732792 - 12/28/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

OfflineBucknaztee
Stranger
Re: need help [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11742678 - 12/30/09 01:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have two pf cakes that pinned in vitro, were dunked but not rolled, and fruited for about 5 days, then harvested about 50 g each. They were picked clean and then dunked and rolled immediately again 4 days ago and have been reintroduced to fruiting conditions, but have shown no sign of growth.  Should I wait a few days after harvesting before dunking again? I'm misting 4 times in a 24 hour period with about 8+ F.A.E, so I'm wondering if they're waterlogged cuz I misted kinda heavy at first, and they feel a bit heavy themselves. I have 3 more cakes in the same F.C. that pinned in the jar as well directly after full colonization that have grown to nice proportions (20g+) but only 5-8 fruits on those cakes, as opposed to the 10-15 fruits; though smaller, on the first two. I'm just wondering if I ruined my first flush or had a 'false flush' or something or how long I should leave them in fruiting conditions after picking a significant amount? Or is this simply the nature of cakes and should move to grain? please Help a noob out, thanks.

Offlineveebers
Stranger

Re: need help [Re: Bucknaztee]
    #11782250 - 01/07/10 09:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Zleiterman, are you sure when you harvested them they were fully mature? I heard that generally, when the veil starts to break is a good time to harvest.

Offlinevalleyboy
Stranger

Loc: near the beach
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: veebers]
    #11787570 - 01/08/10 01:24 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I loved this thread. It's a wealth of information. I've been scouring the Shroomery for several hours on end for the past week.

--------------------
Indecision is the key to flexibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Invisibleuncle bobo
Male User Gallery

Loc: shakedown st
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. *DELETED* [Re: valleyboy]
    #11789572 - 01/08/10 01:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by uncle bobo

Reason for deletion: cuase

--------------------

AKA Wolfgang Grajonza                 
IKO MYCO. MEDICINAL FARMS.

Offlineshred805
Stranger

Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: uncle bobo]
    #11800878 - 01/10/10 09:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

thanks

OfflineProduct Z
Stranger

"Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" says no cakes in PF TEK; just jars [Re: shred805]
    #11802425 - 01/10/10 02:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hello everyone, this is my first post.  I am setting up a fairly elaborate growing system for my first grow.  I have done a ton of research and feel confident that I will not fail my first grow.  I have spent the last 2 months reading "Psilocybin:The Mushroom Handbook" twice and collecting equipment.  It seems that everywhere I turn on the internet, everyone is still using the cake method whereas the handbook says to just put a casing layer right in your jar and fruit from there.  I have not seen anyone do this on the internet.  I am sure some of you are familiar with this book, I believe it was published in 2003?  Anyway I just wanted opinions on this version of the PF TEK. 

My setup:
1/2 pint wide mouth jars

substrate: brown rice flour, wheat bran, bee pollen, gypsum, lime, and very finely ground horse manure

...and a casing layer of vermiculite?  ...says the book.

Pressure Cooker

I constructed a massive glove box that holds my home made incubator and allows me to remove my jars from the cooker, inoculate, and seal in the incubator all within the glove box.  The box is under negative filtered air pressure while I do this virtually eliminating any chance for contamination.

The fruiting chamber is a bin rigged with a Tropic Aire humidifier, and air pump for gas exchange, and an 18" grow light.  All of which are on three separate timers.  Also it has a hygrometer and thermometer.

My intention was to put a hole on the bottom with a plug so I can drain condensation.  Or do I lay perlite down and do cakes?  I feel like using cakes opens up doors for contamination.  Will I have less yield if I leave them in the jars?  The handbook shows a photograph of about 13-15 "teen-age" pins coming from their jar.  Is this comparable to a cake under optimal conditions?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder