Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Frozen Poo
    #1178648 - 12/30/02 02:13 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Collected about 60lb (wet) horse manure this weekend. Trying to dry in my garage but it is freezing outside. The poo is frozen (hard with ice crystals). Is this bad? Seems like it could offset the bacterial colonies? Definitely won't dry very fast while frozen :smile:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

Loc: Surrounded by an electrom...
Re: Frozen Poo [Re: debianlinux]
    #1178665 - 12/30/02 02:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

maybe try using a hair dryer on a small amount. Or use one of those fan/heaters available at the Home Depot and line the inside of a box with tin foil and mount the fan on the side and spread a small amount of dung in the closed box. Make some small air output holes (1 in. or so) at the opposite end of the fan.

--------------------
Blaze

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Frozen Poo [Re: blazenaz]
    #1178684 - 12/30/02 02:43 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

maybe try using a hair dryer on a small amount. Or use one of those fan/heaters available at the Home Depot and line the inside of a box with tin foil and mount the fan on the side and spread a small amount of dung in the closed box. Make some small air output holes (1 in. or so) at the opposite end of the fan.

I'm not so much concerened with getting it thawed and dryed as I am with making sure the bacterial populations the poo offers haven't been offset in a bad way. Thanks for the suggestions tho, I will be needing a method to thaw/dry this crap. The real question is: Is poo just as good after having been frozen or does freezing cause some "damage" where fresh poo would be a better alternative?

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

Loc: Surrounded by an electrom...
    #1178706 - 12/30/02 02:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't think it would have any adverse effects on the needed bacteria, but my climate doesn't get that extreme so I haven't ran across that one, sorry.

--------------------
Blaze

Anonymous

Re: Frozen Poo [Re: blazenaz]
    #1182250 - 12/31/02 07:45 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I havn't had any problems with frozen poo I use horse and cow and here now it in the 20's I have some out in my barn. All i do is bring it in the basement after a day it nice and wet again(damn). I PC my dung and I have not had problem with it. I pasturize sometimes too. but if it wet when you do cook it for 1 1/2 hour that will kill off any contams I have found out.But PC'ing I think is the best. tell you the truth I get the same grow from PC'ed dung as I do pasturized dung. Some time the PC stuff is better.

Edited by shroom_nut (12/31/02 07:46 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Frozen Poo [Re: ]
    #1182252 - 12/31/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

effects on the needed bacteria

I really don't think PC need that extra bacteria like your Azure and other wood loving strains do. they get what they need from the dung without the bacteria. I pc my dung for 2 1/2 hour and nothing would live after that. PLus contams are like .05% because there nothing living in the dung after that. Plus I use my wife flowhood she has for her orchids there a blacklite in it so you can see if theres and bacteria or contams before you start.

Edited by shroom_nut (12/31/02 07:51 PM)

Offlinehermes3
journeyman
    #1183008 - 01/01/03 12:15 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I let my dung weather and age in Pa. weather sometimes a year or more with no adverse effects. Dry it and pastreurize with my straw.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Frozen Poo [Re: ]
    #1183037 - 01/01/03 12:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

blacklite in it so you can see if theres and bacteria or contams

Not all contamination floresces under UV. If there is a UV lamp in a professional flow hood, most likely it is a UV-C lamp, which destroys most forms of contamination. Typically they are used to kill any living 'particles' that get trapped in the HEPA.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom