Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
communication
    #1176733 - 12/29/02 06:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Without it I don't know where we would be to day..We need to communicate to work together and survive.

But...It seems like some communication is rather pointless. I don't talk alot..Because I find no reason to. Sports is something to entertain people...Something to give people to talk about. But I find no need to play sports, watch sports or much of anything on tv. It all gives people stuff to talk about...But talking about it doesn't really achive anything. So whats the point..

"hey whats up"
"nothin"
"what you doing today"

And all the small talk people make seem rather pointless. I like to talk about ideas and stuff more. Because I find no reason to waste my time thinking about small chat to say. It doesn't make me feel anybetter if I talk alot about pointless things.
I rather say nothing. So I don't end up talking to many people except the very few who like to talk about ideas and thoughts on life.

Edited by NiGGy (12/29/02 06:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: communication [Re: NiGGy]
    #1176744 - 12/29/02 06:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I'm the same way. But I think it does make some people feel comforted to talk about meaningless things. During Christmas my family started talking about the latest info about celebrities and their meaningless lives, such as who is dating whom, etc... I just sat there, spaced-out, truely feeling like an alien entity.

Alot of times I don't feel like I belong on this world. But then, I find someone and have an intelligent discussion with them and it makes me feel better. If I did not have that occasional meaningful exchange of ideas, and the Shroomery, I would probably be more or less insane. It's hard to hold your own and drive... I've learned that first from family, then from school, and now I see that society is no different.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Re: communication [Re: Adamist]
    #1176754 - 12/29/02 06:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

It seems to me like celeberitys are the popular looked up to people of the world.....They are no better than a good person living on the street....Neither am I for that matter. Why do people need to feel so updated about celeberties...Need to watch tv shows on them and all..

I would space out too. I would find no reason to talk about that and rather be quiet.

Intelligent conversations are good....Their the most meaningful. It kinda makes any other small chat conversation seem less needed and rather pointless.

Edited by NiGGy (12/29/02 06:37 AM)

Offlinebrian_orion
My Brain IsHanging UpsideDown.

#1176777 - 12/29/02 06:48 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, GOD I could go on for hours on this subject.

It's hard to accept, but the majority of our space is taken up by people who somehow find points in talking about things like that. I don't understand it, you dont understand it. We probably never will. But we have to go on.

I know the feeling... you understand things that most never will, things that will never enter their brain. The things that are really important. But it's all a matter of individual taste. We care about philosophy, mind-expansion, mental awareness.
We know its the higher plateau. To them it's not. Simply put, there minds are closed and they just don't "get it". Because the majority think this way, we are somewhat forced to go along. Go along, trust me, going against the tide will lead to introverson, possibly insanity, wrapped up in our endless thoughts.

Of course, it's all about individual perspective. We constantly contradict ourselves. But go along, for we have nothing else except... well read my thread, "Direct Route to Heaven". My goal is explained.

This thread raises too many ideas in me, I apologize if some of them are jumbled and non-sensical.

--------------------
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

Offlinebrian_orion
My Brain IsHanging UpsideDown.

#1176783 - 12/29/02 06:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Intelligent conversations are good....Their the most meaningful. It kinda makes any other small chat conversation seem less needed and rather pointless.

I rue the day I thought this. I've had so many fullfilling inter-personal conversations in my time, that I refuse to go back to "What's up". It's making my life much less enjoyable. Sometimes I wish I were like them, finding semblance and joy in the meaningless, rather than the rare and mostly incomprehensible.

--------------------
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Re: communication [Re: brian_orion]
    #1176805 - 12/29/02 07:06 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

I rue the day I thought this. I've had so many fullfilling inter-personal conversations in my time, that I refuse to go back to "What's up".  It's making my life much less enjoyable. Sometimes I wish I were like them, finding semblance and joy in the meaningless, rather than the rare and mostly incomprehensible.   

I know what you mean...It kinda makes programs like ICQ rather pointless....People talk to me...But not with intelligent conversation. They don't understand the way I think. They will never think the way I think either.  I have the program...But I rarely talk too much on it, though im online alot...Because the lack of intelligent conversation..

Whats the point of talking if you have nothing to say.

"Don't talk unless you can improve the silence"

Whats up and all that meaningless chat, is not improving the silence any. Thats why I like to abstain from it.

Maybe mushrooms a reason are illegal is because maybe it changes the way you think which can make it hard to go with the flow of things. Its like being awaken from the trance that most the people are in....And they dont want any enlightened person to become powerful and mess with the way our society works..  :crazy:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#1176879 - 12/29/02 07:50 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

And mabye thats why they dont want teens doing drugs..Herb..Mushrooms...Because mabye it changes the way you think which can make it hard to go with the flow of things. Its like being awaken from the trance that all the people are in....

Hahaha, yep. It's easy to let the majority think for you when you are unaware of the possibility that the majority is often  wrong. When you become aware of that, you start thinking for yourself, and people in power don't like that very much. I believe that human beings have the potential to be able to govern themselves and their reality, to know right from wrong, and to live accordingly. But sadly, the ones who don't live up to this potential ruin it for the rest of us. And that's exactly what the governments want. They want to keep the masses ignorant and in line. This governing strategy was a good idea say, 1000 or so years ago, but the world has changed. There's no government like no government.  :cool: 

--------------------

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1177430 - 12/29/02 12:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Humans get small-comfort from small-talk. Not just to fill in the akward silences of life, but also--in a very real way-- to confirm each others existence. Not to mention some of those topics are 'universals' of human intrest(eg. sex or relationships.). Sure, the mindless chatter can often bother the nerves but I think that is just one's introversion showing.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Edited by David_Scape (12/29/02 12:12 PM)

Offlinemunchi
******phfyl******

Loc: nm
Re: communication *DELETED* [Re: David_Scape]
    #1177491 - 12/29/02 12:30 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by munchi

--------------------
What dreaming does is give us the fluidity to enter into other
worlds by destroying our sense of knowing this world.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: communication [Re: David_Scape]
    #1177516 - 12/29/02 12:40 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I don't really mind the chit-chat as much as I used to. I mean if you're going to talk about celebrities than you're just a dumbass that shouldn't speak, but general small-talk almost has a nice vibe to it, like we WANT to communicate with each other, we just don't have much to say.

Anonymous

#1177528 - 12/29/02 12:44 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Niggy, what's up?

I know exactly what you mean. I let people be who they are but the mindless drivel that pours out of their mouths 24/7 is uninteresting at best. Most people cannot think. I have resigned myself to that.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: communication [Re: ]
    #1177544 - 12/29/02 01:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Communication can be a bitch at times too. When people are talking about really pointless things or just talk stupid, sorta makes you wish you couldn't communicate.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: communication [Re: TinMan]
    #1177626 - 12/29/02 01:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

* silence *  :grin:

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: communication [Re: brian_orion]
    #1177746 - 12/29/02 02:48 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Go along, trust me, going against the tide will lead to introverson, possibly insanity, wrapped up in our endless thoughts.

Hey now! There are lots of introverted personalitys in this forum.  There's nothing wrong with that :tongue:

Aren't we all just a litlle insane :grin:

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: communication [Re: munchi]
    #1177757 - 12/29/02 02:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

why is it that none of you live near me , we should all go move to a deserted island somewhere

I'm in...  :cool: 

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: communication [Re: Grav]
    #1177762 - 12/29/02 02:57 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

general small-talk almost has a nice vibe to it, like we WANT to communicate with each other, we just don't have much to say.

I agree... I mean, you can't expect people to go around talking about the endless different theories the mind can conjure, every time they get a chance.... Unless your insane. Sometimes I wonder if I did not have the Shroomery to get my fix on discussing different ideas, if I could still handle reality. :crazy: 

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1178134 - 12/29/02 06:15 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think everyone here has brought up that desert island thing before. I think it's kind of interesting.

There's a scene in Waking Life near the end when the main character bumbs into a lady in the subway or something..........it's a scene that applies to this topic:

Tiana: Excuse me.
Wiley: Excuse me.
Wiley continues walking down the stairs, but Tania chases him back down.

Tiana: Hey.......could we do that again? I know we haven't met, but, I don't wanna be an ant, ya know? I mean, it's like we go through life with our antennas bouncing off one another continuously on "ant" autopilot with nothing really human required of us. "Stop," "Go," "Walk here," "Drive there." All action basically for survival. All communication simply to keep this ant colony buzzing along in an efficient, polite manner. "Here's your change," "Paper or plastic?", "Credit or debit?", "Do you want ketchup with that?" I don't want a straw. I want real human moments. I want to see you. I want you to see me. I don't want to give that up. I don't want to be an ant. Ya know?
Wiley: Yeah...yeah I know. I don't want to be an ant either. Thanks for kinda, like, josteling me there...I've been kinda on zombie autopilot lately. I don't feel like an ant in my head, but I guess I probably look like one.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: communication [Re: Murex]
    #1178189 - 12/29/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I love that part... I had a trip like that before I even watched that movie, where I was walking around in public on mushrooms, and I was BURSTING with love and compassion, and it was like all the people walking by around me would intentionally not look at me, because it made them uncomforatble to look into my eyes. Everyone looked like little ants, barely paying attention to each other.  :grin: 

--------------------

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: communication [Re: Adamist]
    #1178310 - 12/29/02 07:38 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I love that part... I had a trip like that before I even watched that movie, where I was walking around in public on mushrooms, and I was BURSTING with love and compassion, and it was like all the people walking by around me would intentionally not look at me, because it made them uncomforatble to look into my eyes. Everyone looked like little ants, barely paying attention to each other.  :grin: 

Maybe they caught a quick glimpse of your eyes and didn't want to look, because they didn't want to draw the attention of the wild eyed crazy man :grin:

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: communication [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1178312 - 12/29/02 07:39 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

That is a very good possibility.

But still, dammit! I bet Jesus looked pretty wild and crazy in his day, too.  :cool: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder