Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebrian_orion
My Brain IsHanging UpsideDown.

Direct Route to Heaven!
    #1176602 - 12/29/02 04:52 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

For the past little while, I've been thinking about religions and the concept of afterlife, and I am fairly confident I have the answer. The afterlife is merely a hallucinogenic state produced by a "spark" in our grey matter that continues to burn after our physical death.

Those familiar with lucid dreaming or intense salvia/DMT voyages will understand best. The aformentioned experiences cause one to believe they are somewhere else; a real world created entirely within one's thought processors. I believe once an individual dies, an entire dream world is created for the deceased where there "soul" will carry on for eternity, and the dream state, or "afterlife" is manifested and fleshed out according to experiences, dreams, hopes and wishes stored within a person's sub-conscience "hard drive" so to speak.

Allow me to elaborate on how this ties in with religions. For example, Christianity. Should a Christian not live up to the standards of Christianity, which are stored in the subconscience, they will be shuttled to "hell" for eternity... this "hell" is the dream world created after death. They are sent to hell because perhaps, they sinned somewhere in life, defied a commandment or two. All of this information is kept in the brain and is the reason for the voyage into hell.

My afterlife concept is one of the most comforting and genuinly inspiring ideas I have ever had. Since I firmly believe all of this, I can go about life without fear of death; without fear of anything, for death is the ultimate. Everything ends at death. Removal of this fear allows me to live without boundaries, for I know when I die I will be having sex with high school crushes and smoking joints with Joey Ramone.

I suppose this is a new religion; I am not forcing it on anyone, but rather sharing a concept. It allows for life without boundaries. I say do what feels right. It'll all end up better in the end.

I am no scientist or gynocologist, just some guy with a couple ideas. Thanks for listening!

--------------------
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Direct Route to Heaven! [Re: brian_orion]
    #1176636 - 12/29/02 05:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds pretty neat.

Looks comforting for you, but what about the Christians that will be in hell for eternity?

I've heard something about how your mind goes into a temporary dream world after death, the release of certain chemicals and such. I haven't read anything that I necessarily believe, nor do I necessarily care exactly how it happens. All i can say is that I think it is all temporary, the body completely stops functioning, the state your mind is put into after death eventually stops. Our thoughts cease to exist. How do i know? I don't of course. I don't see any reason for the person we see inside us to continue on. But what i do dream about are things like... What will the forces of nature bring next after this one has passed? I don't even think "God" knows.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1176707 - 12/29/02 06:02 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting post. I especially like this line.....

Quote:

Removal of this fear allows me to live without boundaries, for I
know when I die I will be having sex with high school crushes and smoking joints with Joey Ramone.

I was thinking about that just the other day. I work with this girl who is unbelievably beautiful. She's definitely not my type, so i'll never have her in this life. I decided that i'm ok with waiting until I get to heaven where I can make love to her. But i'm sure when I get to the other side, things like that won't be that important.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1176735 - 12/29/02 06:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Great ideas... your talk of eliminating the fear of death reminds me of something Jim Morrison said:

"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinebrian_orion

Re: Direct Route to Heaven! [Re: Learyfan]
    #1176751 - 12/29/02 06:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Learyfan, why wait until you die? I could go on for hours about mating/attraction, but my hands are cold and I can't type. Just achieve confidence my friend. Girls are not much different than anything else you want. Just go for it. My thoughts are kind of jumbled, I can explain better. PM me.

--------------------

Offlinebrian_orion

Re: Direct Route to Heaven! [Re: Droz]
    #1176816 - 12/29/02 07:11 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

*BUMP*

--------------------

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1178113 - 12/29/02 06:04 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Im open to the possibility that the dream world is a very real place, and not just a figment of our imagination.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1178124 - 12/29/02 06:09 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you for this wonderful and inspiring post.

Quote:

I suppose this is a new religion; I am not forcing it on anyone, but rather sharing a concept. It allows for life without boundaries. I say do what feels right. It'll all end up better in the end.

I am no scientist or gynocologist, just some guy with a couple ideas. Thanks for listening!

This is THE new religion. The one world religion in which all ideas are valid and everyone is a divine sovereign being composed of love and light. A religion which exists to create harmony between all things. A place where there are no boundaries to how one chooses to express themselves..where free will is protected, nourished, and encouraged. Spread the light, spread the love.

--------------------

Offlinebrian_orion

Re: Direct Route to Heaven! [Re: Shroomism]
    #1178210 - 12/29/02 06:48 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Thank you for this wonderful and inspiring post.

Oh thanks. It's very nice to be appreciated. Does anyone care to elaborate on my theory? What do you think of it? I'm glad I was able to explain in a clear and straight forward manner for all to understand. I hope my idea doesn't fade into the depths of obscurity, AKA old threads...
:smile:

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1178217 - 12/29/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I have the very same theroy.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Direct Route to Heaven! [Re: Murex]
    #1178230 - 12/29/02 06:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Damn that collective unconscious for exposing the illusion of individuality!  :mad: 

--------------------

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1178240 - 12/29/02 07:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

so here in our physical universe we have limited control over our enviroment but after death we would be lucid so we would in a sense be in control of everything but what about encountering others there? would they be manifestations inside the dead persons subconcious/spirit or would they be other spirits? would it recursively create life? hmm

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: Direct Route to Heaven! [Re: Shroomism]
    #1178279 - 12/29/02 07:18 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

shroomism: if it were to be, as droz asked earlier. 'what about the christians that are ""sent"" to hell'... the fact that they are sent means there is a higher conciousness that has the power to do such an evil act. if everyones religion or belief is their reality in regards to the after life. then we all go to hell because christians say so, but we don't go to hell because we don't believe...

stalemate

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Direct Route to Heaven! [Re: ribbit]
    #1178291 - 12/29/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

No one gets "sent" to hell. Hell is self-created.

--------------------

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1178393 - 12/29/02 08:52 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Do we create our own hell? If we went through life following a faith which states that there is a Heaven and a Hell, and on our death-bed 'know' that we have sinned sometime in our life; do we resolve to the fact that we are going to exist from that point on in torment?
This said, it should be possible to determine where you are going at the point of death. If you die with a fear that you are going to hell because you sinned during life, then you only torment yourself for eternity. However, if at the point of death you are unafraid of the consequences of your sins then your mental state will be far more positive. As a result you would continue to exist freely and without torment.

Just a hypothesis :wink:

--------------------

Offlinebrian_orion

Re: Direct Route to Heaven! [Re: Jackal]
    #1178905 - 12/30/02 04:44 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Perhaps a death bed repent would reverse the road to the imaginary hell. And in response to another question, I don't think the human brain and "soul" are networked, IE when you die you will not encounter another's subconscience manifestation of themself, but rather YOUR vision of that person, based on what you knew.

Remember, this whole world is created based on information you gathered in your lifetime, what is stored in your deep memory banks over the years. For example, you can encounter Joe from down the street, but what you get from him is only what you knew before, in physical life. The rest will probably filled in with what you want (or not).

Maybe our physical life exists for the sole purpose of gathering information for use in the lucid dream of the afterlife. I remember teachings that when babies die, they go into purgatory... black nothingness... probably because they have not seen enough to form a vivid dream world after passing. Or, because their minds have not developed enough to create a formidable one.

Count us psychonauts who have tripped and seen many things as the lucky few. Our afterlife is going to be greeeeat.

Does anybody think I should pursue my theory more?

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#1178910 - 12/30/02 04:48 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I'm going to trip when I die.  :cool: 

--------------------

Offlinebrian_orion

Re: Direct Route to Heaven! [Re: Jackal]
    #1178912 - 12/30/02 04:50 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Do we create our own hell? If we went through life following a faith which states that there is a Heaven and a Hell, and on our death-bed 'know' that we have sinned sometime in our life; do we resolve to the fact that we are going to exist from that point on in torment?

No. Even if the Christian believer doesn't acknowledge the fact that they sinned, they will go to hell. They followed the faith, they had the rules set in their memory, and they failed to live up to them. Their sub conscience will recognize this and will adjust accordingly. Those who don't follow religious rules will just drift into a new world, and whats in it is what they know, or forgot.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1178913 - 12/30/02 04:51 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Does anybody think I should pursue my theory more?

No, quite while you're ahead so you don't hurt yourself.

j/k

Welcome to SPS btw! :smile:

How come you have been registered so long and yet you only have 21 posts?  That is rather strange.

Offlinebrian_orion

Re: Direct Route to Heaven! [Re: ]
    #1178934 - 12/30/02 05:04 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I usually just read the forums. I didn't have anything substantial to post until now.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom