Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: Salvia Divinorum.... Coming to an end... [Re: Ice House Shaman]
    #6686751 - 03/19/07 11:40 AM (17 years, 4 days ago)

does anyone agree how pathetic it is that these people in power are banning these substances from us as part of the war on drugs and yet as many people have just said, even if it does become illegal it will still be easy enough to get on the black market. its like they make these rules pass and these laws but just turn their head at the consequences of them. what is the point of making it illegal if its just doing to support the black market. if u want it you will get it. so many better things could be done on this issue... i.e. tax money and the fact that if some of these substances were legal people wouldnt be flooding our jails because of nonviolent offenses like drug possession or low scale distrubuting

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Salvia Divinorum.... Coming to an end... [Re: LedHead]
    #6686872 - 03/19/07 12:28 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Keeping drugs illegal helps support a trillion dollar industry. That industry is interdiction, enforcement, justice, and rehabilitation. That industry provides millions of jobs. Its an infrastructure that is inter-twined with big business. Lawyers, judges, prison and medical institutions, doctors, pharmaceutical manufacturers, shrinks, and social workers, and insurance companies. Its a house of cards in a sense. Legalize the goodies and most of them are out of a job.

Respect,

IHS

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

OfflineXstacy
    #10195744 - 04/19/09 02:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

“Just because it's illegal, just because it's  classified, just because it's a controlled substance doesn't mean that it's unhealthy and unsafe,” said Rodney Benson of the DEA.

fixed

--------------------
---
Xstacy

OfflineXstacy
    #10195759 - 04/19/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ice House Shaman said:
Keeping drugs illegal helps support a trillion dollar industry. That industry is interdiction, enforcement, justice, and  rehabilitation. That industry provides millions of jobs. Its an infrastructure that is inter-twined with big business. Lawyers, judges, prison and medical institutions, doctors, pharmaceutical manufacturers, shrinks, and social workers, and insurance companies. Its a house of cards in a sense. Legalize the goodies and most of them are out of a job.

Respect,

IHS

Who cares, build a new house with a real foundation.  We had slavery at one point.  Farming was built around it.  When it was outlawed we learned new ways to farm didn't we? Innovation. People are still stupid and will do stupid shit on legal drugs (ALCOHOL ANYONE?) so these jobs wont dry up overnight.  Propaganda bullshit is all I hear.

--------------------
---
Xstacy

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Salvia Divinorum.... Coming to an end... [Re: Xstacy]
    #10196809 - 04/19/09 05:24 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Xstacy said:
Quote:

Ice House Shaman said:
Keeping drugs illegal helps support a trillion dollar industry. That industry is interdiction, enforcement, justice, and  rehabilitation. That industry provides millions of jobs. Its an infrastructure that is inter-twined with big business. Lawyers, judges, prison and medical institutions, doctors, pharmaceutical manufacturers, shrinks, and social workers, and insurance companies. Its a house of cards in a sense. Legalize the goodies and most of them are out of a job.

Respect,

IHS

Who cares, build a new house with a real foundation.  We had slavery at one point.  Farming was built around it.  When it was outlawed we learned new ways to farm didn't we? Innovation. People are still stupid and will do stupid shit on legal drugs (ALCOHOL ANYONE?) so these jobs wont dry up overnight.  Propaganda bullshit is all I hear.

Talk about raising the dead!!!! I posted that 2 years and 1 month ago!!

By the way, I didnt say I supported keeping anything illegal. I am pro legalization of weed and I am for keeping Salvia legal in my state. I was just stating the facts about the ecconomics of keeping drugs illegal

and , while we are on the topic.. . .  .  .  . .    .  .  .  .

I got news for ya. Leftist, Barrak Hussain Obama's push for bigger government and social services isnt going to get us any closer to legalization. Keeping drugs illegal means more jobs.

You dont think we would legalize it and then employ all the unemployed people by putting them in the fields picking buds do ya? LOL

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

OfflineTranquil Toad
A.I. Living Inside the Internet

Re: Salvia Divinorum.... Coming to an end... [Re: colimon]
    #10196914 - 04/19/09 05:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Do you guys honestly think it will be that easy to get on the black market? I think a lot of its popularity now is due to ease of access; most people find the effects quite unpleasant, and the people who take frequently are more the psychonaut/urban shaman crowd. Point and case being DMT. I bet lots of people find salvia far less enjoyable than DMT, but how easy is it to find DMT on the black market?

Offlinelethargic
Stranger
Male

Loc: my humble abode
    #10196967 - 04/19/09 05:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This reminds me of the suicides with Everquest / any other MMO.. It took his/her life away. BAN IT! SUE IT! What a joke..

--------------------

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

#10197436 - 04/19/09 07:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Alcohol, responsible for 100,000 deaths a year, legal. Salvia, not directly responsible for any, becoming illegal. Bunch of bull shit.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Offlineinkblot
Stranger

#10197493 - 04/19/09 07:19 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Salvia's not dead yet. Maine, California and Texas passed laws to limit the ages salvia can be sold to and not ban it entirely.

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
Re: Salvia Divinorum.... Coming to an end... [Re: inkblot]
    #10197794 - 04/19/09 08:11 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

to me, its not that much of a loss

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

OfflinePatisotagami
Organism
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere Flag
    #10198508 - 04/19/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LedHead said:
does anyone agree how pathetic it is that these people in power are banning these substances from us as part of the war on drugs and yet as many people have just said, even if it does become illegal it will still be easy enough to get on the black market.  its like they make these rules pass and these laws but just turn their head at the consequences of them.  what is the point of making it illegal if its just doing to support the black market. if u want it you will get it.  so many better things could be done on this issue... i.e. tax money and the fact that if some of these substances were legal people wouldnt be flooding our jails because of nonviolent offenses like drug possession or low scale distrubuting

of course i agree
you are thinking too logically for societal laws.
dumb it down a notch before you go insane.

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
Re: Salvia Divinorum.... Coming to an end... [Re: Patisotagami]
    #10199124 - 04/20/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

shit, i spoke too soon, now i need some for s circus joint

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

OfflineStranga
bah

Re: Salvia Divinorum.... Coming to an end... [Re: DayTripper1]
    #11781809 - 01/07/10 06:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DayTripper1 said:
The acne medicine that you speak of is called Acutane... It's bad stuff, has killed many teenagers do to depression (can also cause liver damage). I knew it was only a matter of time until it was made illegal (I was just telling this to my girlfriend last week)

but yet they keep the accutane legal but "controlled"...lol this world is a fuckin cluter fuck, lol. Acne should be healed through a holistic approach not by putting more FULL synthetic chemicals in the Body.

OfflineStranga
bah

Re: Salvia Divinorum.... Coming to an end... [Re: DayTripper1]
    #11781810 - 01/07/10 06:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DayTripper1 said:
The acne medicine that you speak of is called Acutane... It's bad stuff, has killed many teenagers do to depression (can also cause liver damage). I knew it was only a matter of time until it was made illegal (I was just telling this to my girlfriend last week)

but yet they keep the accutane legal but "controlled"...lol this world is a fuckin cluter fuck, lol. Acne should be healed through a holistic approach not by putting more FULL synthetic chemicals in the Body.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains