Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHippiexChild
Stranger
 User Gallery

Man Marries Video Game
    #11781468 - 01/07/10 02:57 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Wow. I have to say, when I first read this article, I nearly died out of shock that we as humans have degraded so much over the last couple of decades. We have become so dependent on technology that we are now decided to MARRY video games! If any of this kind of crap happened 20 years ago, you would have been considered insane! But everyone actually supports this lonely excuse of a fucking human!

This was taken from the article on this link. http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/12/16/japan.virtual.wedding/index.html

Tokyo, Japan (CNN) -- Nene Anegasaki is a witty, doe-eyed beauty. She looks perfectly perky in sexy skirts, doesn't pick fights and is always at one Tokyo man's beck and call -- that is why the 27-year-old decided to marry her.

The only complication: She is a videogame character in the Nintendo DS game called "Love Plus."

Still, that didn't stop Sal 9000 -- the only name the groom would give -- from marrying Nene in a ceremony witnessed live by thousands on the Web.

When asked if Nene is his dream woman, Sal replied, "Yes, she is. Her character changes to my liking as we talk and travel to different places."

Japan's Internet community has witnessed relationships and marriages to avatars, though it's typically been within the confines of the virtual world. Last month, Sal decided to be the first human-to-avatar union. Clad in a white tux, Sal married Nene in front of some friends and Web users watching the ceremony live online.

Video: Man 'marries' video game The wedding, while not legally binding, was Sal's way of expressing his devotion to his avatar girlfriend.

"I love this character, not a machine," said Sal, when asked about whether he can love an electronic device. "I understand 100 percent that this is a game. I understand very well that I cannot marry her physically or legally."

The courtship began in September when he started playing the game, in which players nurture a deeper relationship through game play. Sal started carrying Nene around the streets of Tokyo and taking her to Disneyland and to a beach resort in Guam.

Sal says Nene is better than a human girlfriend. "She doesn't get angry if I'm late in replying to her. Well, she gets angry, but she forgives me quickly."

Asked if he's courtesy addicted to the game, he says, "If addiction is playing this every single day, then you might call me addicted." With Nene, Sal doesn't feel the need to find a human girlfriend, he added.

Hiroshi Ashizaki, an author who writes about Internet and game addiction, doesn't think Sal 9000 is an extreme case. What is healthy about Sal is that he can communicate with people enough to do an interview on CNN and webcast a half-serious wedding, Ashizaki said.

"There are many others who can't express themselves like Sal can, and those are the cases we worry about," says Ashizaki. What's important to note, Ashizaki says, is that Sal is a representative of many of Japan's young gamers.

"Today's Japanese youth can't express their true feelings in reality. They can only do it in the virtual world," Ashizaki said. "It's the reverse of reality that they can only talk about what they feel to a friend in the virtual world."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Man Marries Video Game [Re: HippiexChild]
    #11781698 - 01/07/10 05:14 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:curbyourenthusiasm:

OfflineSheeno
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: England
Re: Man Marries Video Game [Re: Jufin]
    #11781819 - 01/07/10 06:43 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'd be so pissed off if I were his parent. Having to sit through a wedding ceremony, with your son at the front saying vows to his games console...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #11781820 - 01/07/10 06:43 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HippiexChild said:
Wow. I have to say, when I first read this article, I nearly died out of shock that we as humans have degraded so much over the last couple of decades. We have become so dependent on technology that we are now decided to MARRY video games!

Why the fuck are you lamenting about "we as humans have degraded so much" and "we have become so dependent on technology that we are now decided to marry video games" because of this article? :wtf:

This is one person and - news flash! - there have always been socially-awkward and reclusive people who have carried out all sorts of strange habits as result.
Citing one person and a completely statistically insignificant amount of people doing similar, unconventional things doesn't say anything about "we humans" or our "degradation".
Didn't you know there's nearly seven billion of us? No reason to nearly die out of shock.

Quote:

If any of this kind of crap happened 20 years ago, you would have been considered insane! But everyone actually supports this lonely excuse of a fucking human!

Right, everyone actually supports this person and doesn't think they are wacky for this. :nut:
Talk about a nonsensical over-statement.
I can think of a lot of horrible, suffering-inflicting crap people did twenty years and further back in history that is unspeakably worse than this, and it was normal and accepted then, not in the least labeled "insane". What does yesterday's standards of "sanity" matter with this in mind?
This guy is just expressing some devotion to something he enjoys spending his time doing, something resultant from technology or not.
It isn't as if he's dragging gays through the street with his car or stringing up niggers. He's not beating a real wife or whipping his slaves.
He's not shooting someone down in a duel for a real woman or executing someone for stealing some bread.

"Lonely excuse of a fucking human"? Wow, such harsh judgment.
I'd never consider judging someone so negatively simply because they apparently have a sense of humor and wanted to have fun with a mock wedding.
What have you done that's so great and amazing and warrants putting down someone different than you?
Take a  :chillpill:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Re: Man Marries Video Game [Re: fireworks_god]
    #11781821 - 01/07/10 06:45 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Lol did you have a bad day?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#11781825 - 01/07/10 06:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

No, my day is going fine. :grin:
I just don't like seeing unreasonable posts go without being replied to. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

#11781831 - 01/07/10 06:56 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You express yourself very well.  Here, enjoy this animated gif.

OfflineHippiexChild
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11782058 - 01/07/10 08:51 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

HippiexChild said:
Wow. I have to say, when I first read this article, I nearly died out of shock that we as humans have degraded so much over the last couple of decades. We have become so dependent on technology that we are now decided to MARRY video games!

Why the fuck are you lamenting about "we as humans have degraded so much" and "we have become so dependent on technology that we are now decided to marry video games" because of this article? :wtf:

This is one person and - news flash! - there have always been socially-awkward and reclusive people who have carried out all sorts of strange habits as result.
Citing one person and a completely statistically insignificant amount of people doing similar, unconventional things doesn't say anything about "we humans" or our "degradation".
Didn't you know there's nearly seven billion of us? No reason to nearly die out of shock.

Quote:

If any of this kind of crap happened 20 years ago, you would have been considered insane! But everyone actually supports this lonely excuse of a fucking human!

Right, everyone actually supports this person and doesn't think they are wacky for this. :nut:
Talk about a nonsensical over-statement.
I can think of a lot of horrible, suffering-inflicting crap people did twenty years and further back in history that is unspeakably worse than this, and it was normal and accepted then, not in the least labeled "insane". What does yesterday's standards of "sanity" matter with this in mind?
This guy is just expressing some devotion to something he enjoys spending his time doing, something resultant from technology or not.
It isn't as if he's dragging gays through the street with his car or stringing up niggers. He's not beating a real wife or whipping his slaves.
He's not shooting someone down in a duel for a real woman or executing someone for stealing some bread.

"Lonely excuse of a fucking human"? Wow, such harsh judgment.
I'd never consider judging someone so negatively simply because they apparently have a sense of humor and wanted to have fun with a mock wedding.
What have you done that's so great and amazing and warrants putting down someone different than you?
Take a  :chillpill:

And its people like you that make the world what it is today. You say its just a guy doing what he loves the most? Since when is marrying a video game actually OK in our standards. Might as well go marry a fucking toilet. Who gives a fuck if he isn't doing anything horrible. This is just making Japanese look more wackier than they already are. How is he going to have children. How is he going to ever be satisfied. He is a nerd who DOESN'T WANTto have any luck with women. Now, I rarely use that statement. But in this case, it's significant, he could be doing it for publicity stunts too. We never know people's true motives. They can say one thing or mean another. Hopefully he is doing it for publicity because if not I feel so fucking bad for that pathetic guy.

OfflineHippiexChild
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11782063 - 01/07/10 08:53 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
No, my day is going fine. :grin:
I just don't like seeing unreasonable posts go without being replied to. :wink:

Wow, your cool. Here enjoy this. :whatever:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #11784204 - 01/07/10 03:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HippiexChild said:
Oh noes, my little impression of how the world should be just popped straight in my christian ass :bitch:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#11784419 - 01/07/10 03:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HippiexChild said:
And its people like you that make the world what it is today.

The reality of the matter is that everyone makes the world what it is today. :smile:

Quote:

You say its just a guy doing what he loves the most?

Yep. Apparently, he really likes playing video games, and he really enjoys spending his time with a specific character from a video game.
For whatever reason, he loves it so much that he decided to have a bash with a wedding ceremony for him and the character. :super:

Quote:

Since when is marrying a video game actually OK in our standards.

Which standards are you talking about? Humanity in general doesn't have the same set of "standards" with which to approve or disapprove of an individual's behavior.
"Standards" vary between family and family, culture and culture, period of history and period of history.

Sounds like this weirdo is, at the very least, evolved enough to make his personal life decisions in accordance with what he personally finds enjoyable, as opposed to how anyone else feels he "should" or "should not" act.
That's a :thumbup: from this member of a psychedelic community. :awesome:

Quote:

Who gives a fuck if he isn't doing anything horrible

Exactly. As long as he isn't harming anyone else, then its just his path of life as he wants it to be. :wink:

Quote:

This is just making Japanese look more wackier than they already are.

Anyone who would make a judgment about Japanese people in general because of the actions of one Japanese person is probably the wacky one. :grin:

Quote:

How is he going to have children.

Maybe he doesn't want to have children. Nothing wrong with not wanting to have children.

Quote:

How is he going to ever be satisfied.

By living his life as he wishes it to be, I suspect. Different people are satisfied in different ways and possibly this individual is satisfied differently than you?

Quote:

Hopefully he is doing it for publicity because if not I feel so fucking bad for that pathetic guy.

You think he's pathetic because he doesn't live his life like you live yours? :confused:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineHippiexChild
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Man Marries Video Game [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #11784889 - 01/07/10 04:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

HippiexChild said:
And its people like you that make the world what it is today.

The reality of the matter is that everyone makes the world what it is today. :smile:

Quote:

You say its just a guy doing what he loves the most?

Yep. Apparently, he really likes playing video games, and he really enjoys spending his time with a specific character from a video game.
For whatever reason, he loves it so much that he decided to have a bash with a wedding ceremony for him and the character. :super:

Quote:

Since when is marrying a video game actually OK in our standards.

Which standards are you talking about? Humanity in general doesn't have the same set of "standards" with which to approve or disapprove of an individual's behavior.
"Standards" vary between family and family, culture and culture, period of history and period of history.

Sounds like this weirdo is, at the very least, evolved enough to make his personal life decisions in accordance with what he personally finds enjoyable, as opposed to how anyone else feels he "should" or "should not" act.
That's a :thumbup: from this member of a psychedelic community. :awesome:

Quote:

Who gives a fuck if he isn't doing anything horrible

Exactly. As long as he isn't harming anyone else, then its just his path of life as he wants it to be. :wink:

Quote:

This is just making Japanese look more wackier than they already are.

Anyone who would make a judgment about Japanese people in general because of the actions of one Japanese person is probably the wacky one. :grin:

Quote:

How is he going to have children.

Maybe he doesn't want to have children. Nothing wrong with not wanting to have children.

Quote:

How is he going to ever be satisfied.

By living his life as he wishes it to be, I suspect. Different people are satisfied in different ways and possibly this individual is satisfied differently than you?

Quote:

Hopefully he is doing it for publicity because if not I feel so fucking bad for that pathetic guy.

You think he's pathetic because he doesn't live his life like you live yours? :confused:

Ohhhh no. You shamed me out. I'm going to go cry. :[

First off, You need a mental evaluation and quick. Like I said, the guy should go marry a fucking toilet. I don't make the world what it is period. I hate the world. And everyone in it. Cause everyone is ignorant, evil, self-rightous and only out for self-gain. The human race should be extinct, Including myself. None of us deserve the life God has given us. If aliens exist, they are prolly looking at us like "Dude, this race is full of fucking morons." Because of.. people killing each other over stupid shit. Because.. all the leaders of the world are manipulative. Because of.. people marrying fucking video games!

Maybe you should go marry a video game since you taking up for the kid. Just go marry a fake character then come back and argue some more over the INTERNET, kid.

Ha. This coming from a real member thats not part of the asshole community. :wink:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #11784931 - 01/07/10 04:58 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

None of us deserve the life God has given us.

I heard this god dude's an imbecile. True story.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#11785271 - 01/07/10 05:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HippiexChild said:
First off, You need a mental evaluation and quick.

Why?

Quote:

I don't make the world what it is period.

What's your point?

Quote:

I hate the world. And everyone in it.

A healthy outlook. :wink:

Quote:

Maybe you should go marry a video game since you taking up for the kid.

FFVII is kind of sexy, now that you mention it.... :strokebeard:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineHippiexChild
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11785343 - 01/07/10 06:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

HippiexChild said:
First off, You need a mental evaluation and quick.

Why?

Quote:

I don't make the world what it is period.

What's your point?

Quote:

I hate the world. And everyone in it.

A healthy outlook. :wink:

Quote:

Maybe you should go marry a video game since you taking up for the kid.

FFVII is kind of sexy, now that you mention it.... :strokebeard:

Haha.. Well whatever. That was kind of funny though.. :laugh:

That was my favorite game of all time.. Next to fallout 3

Well now to think of it.. I would marry Tifa! lmao. :hitlerdance:

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

#11786502 - 01/07/10 09:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

HippiexChild, you're talking shit, and you know it.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11787265 - 01/07/10 11:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:rofl: @ the Xian

--------------------

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: Man Marries Video Game [Re: LSDreamer]
    #11787281 - 01/07/10 11:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sadly that guy's never done drugs and is just a jacked up asian dude. Asians are such weird people.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#11787300 - 01/08/10 12:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I fully support man/video game character marriage.  Whatever makes ya happy.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineHippiexChild
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11788458 - 01/08/10 09:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Jufin said:
HippiexChild, you're talking shit, and you know it.

My time is more precious then to be arguing with a 8 year old who has only 3 mushrooms. Owned.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
3,296 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.