Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Going to St. Thomas!!
    #1177060 - 12/29/02 11:40 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'll be on St. Thomas for the week of January 9th - 15th and I'm wondering if shroom hunting will be a fruitful endeavor for me spend some time doing.

Anyone know if P. Cubensis grows there?

I may take a day trip to Puerto Rico via ferry and see if I can find some PR strain there.

I appreciate all input on ideas for my vacation.

Thanks.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Going to St. Thomas!! [Re: TM]
    #1178200 - 12/29/02 08:42 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I know they grow there, however I don't know when.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlineviscid
dikaryon

Loc: the mycological center of...
    #1180185 - 12/30/02 04:14 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i bet if you were diligent, you could find cubensis there, during that week, but they are probably not as prevalent as they would be in warmer times of the year....
definitely worth looking.
when you go, bring a clean bag/box (spray with disinfectant) to carry caps for prints!!!!!!!!!
peace.

Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
Re: Going to St. Thomas!! [Re: viscid]
    #1181297 - 12/31/02 08:08 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

hiya viscid,

Yes Puerto Rico would be a very smart place to go to- here are the species that thrive there--

Puerto Rico
Copelandia cyanescens (Navarro & Betancourt, 1992; Gerhardt, 1996)
Panaeolus fimicola (Gerhardt, 1996)
P. papilionaceus (Gerhardt, 1996)
Psilocybe cubensis (Heim, 1956b, c, 1978; Singer & Smith, 1958; Navarro & Betancourt, 1992; Guzm?n et al., 1997)
P. guilartensis (Guzm?n et al., 1997b)
P. portoricensis (Guzm?n et al., 1997b)
P. subcubensis (Navarro & Betancourt, 1992; Guzm?n, 1995; Guzm?n et al., 1997)

not sure the peak months for all of these but just use your head- you know-- cubes mostly summer, copes summer- etc......

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Going to St. Thomas!! [Re: viscid]
    #1181335 - 12/31/02 08:32 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Actually, the average temp. in the winter is in the low 80's, with rh of 60-80%. In the summer it gets over 95 degrees quite commonly, so they might actually be quite prevalent.  I'll definitely take LOTS of prints to give away of whatever goodies I find. I hope there are lots of old cow patties!!  :grin: 

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #1181532 - 12/31/02 10:07 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Good luck and enjoy your trip!!

I hope you bring back a St. Thomas strain of Cubensis.
That would be cool.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1182845 - 01/01/03 12:11 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I live on St. Thomas, but I don't have anything going since I moved here. The spore load in my place is too high and I never got around to cleaning it. I haven't gone out hunting, but would love to sometime. There aren't many cattle around, but I have seen a few grazing along the roads.

If you are here during a full moon, be sure to head to Tortola in the BVI. Shrooms are 100% legal there under a full moon. The cops are even out to protect all the trippers... it is awesome walking down the beach, waves crashing on shore, tripping balls. The quality of the shrooms there is nowhere near as good as home grown, but thats what we get for using dealers (even legal ones).

PM me if you want more info... where are you staying while here? Anybody else on island reading this? Maybe we can all get together or something...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1182851 - 01/01/03 12:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Right now it is 78 in my place with the windows open and fans going. Humidity is around 95% 'cause it has been raining off and on most of the day. During the night it gets down to maybe 75... I think the all time record low here is around 68. During the day it will be around 85 to 90 during the winter and upwards of 95 during the summer. It rains pretty much every day for an hour or so, at least on the northside where I live.

The mosquitos here love fresh blood... and everything here is more expensive. Be sure you pack little things that you will need like sunblock, insect spray, etc before you come to save $$$. If you are going to rent a car, be sure to make a reservation in advance. They are 10% cheaper if you get them away from the airport... also, hertz runs a scam here claiming you damaged cars so be careful. Avis in tutu park mall or near havensight are both pretty good. You can take a taxi anywhere on island for 5-6 bucks as a tourist or 1 buck as a local. Oh, we also drive on the left even though the cars are US style... takes a bit of getting used to.

There cops here are pretty cool about most things. There aren't really any open container laws and unless you wreck you wont get a DUI (unless you are being really stupid). Don't go shirtless while downtown, it is illegal and you will get a ticket. Plan on visiting the old mill and duffies love shack on the east end, both are pretty good places to party. Coki beach is the easiest source for weed for tourists... lots of rastas around the beach, just be cool. If nobody is out, then the cops are around. Megans for acid from the beach bums I have been told, but have no experience there... old mill for pills, at least a few years ago, again, no experience there either.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification