Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMCSteveyC
lib lover
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
The difference between mescaline and psilocybin??
    #11766597 - 01/04/10 06:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I have done tonnes of magic mushrooms before but I'm just about to buy my first 140 grams of san pedro i just wanna know, how different is it from psilocybin and in what way.........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBenzine
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Russian Federation
Re: The difference between mescaline and psilocybin?? [Re: MCSteveyC]
    #11766719 - 01/04/10 06:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I have just started experimenting with mesc and Im finally extracting it soon. Doing cactus the only times I tired it Ive done Peruvian torch and bridgesii (the achuma cactus) and first thing is it can be hard to get to a good level with eating cactus you should try an extraction method. Its not hard, many many ppl have done it, but anywayz from hat I seem with mescaline it can be alot more visual than either LSD or shrooms at the right does, which again has been hard for me and some others to achieve by eating nasty cactus but you may be one of the ppl that can do it well. Mescaline is generally more euphoric and less intense than shrooms can often be but it does rly depend on dose with every psychedelic. Each psychedelic has its own levels of how strong the effects are and even though mescaline generally is much easier than shrooms high doses are intense. Shrooms are alwayz pleasant for me but the do have a more overwhelming feeling than mesc does. The visuals on mesc seem a bit more LSD like than shrooms like and from what I seen they can be the most colorful visuals at the right dosage. It dosnt have much ego death compared to LSD and Shrooms but it has a very focused and clear headed state of thought. Very introspective indeed. I also know that certain cactus's have somewhat distinct effects compared to pure mescaline. Peruvians and Pedro are the most like pure mescaline with Peruvian being somewhat identical to it and san pedro close but much more sedating in the first few hours. Bridgesii and peyote are a bit different though. I did achuma and I noticed the visuals where more cartoony and also had a much more stoning effect than Peruvian torch which is suppose to be the most like pure mesc and I like the effects Ive experienced from peruvian better. Less stoning and cloudy headed and more clear headed, nice and dreamy as oppose to stoning which I like better. I bet peyote would be better than pure mesc though...Thats once cactus I would have no problem eating because I think its unique effects would be better than pure mesc as oppose to more stony etc with bridgesii. I gatta get some peyote someday.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#11767246 - 01/04/10 07:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MCSteveyC said:
I have done tonnes of magic mushrooms before but I'm just about to buy my first 140 grams of san pedro i just wanna know, how different is it from psilocybin and in what way.........

From a technical standpoint, Mescaline is a phenethylamine psychedelic and psilocin is a tryptamine psychedelic. Pharmacologically, they are both 5-HT2a receptor agonists, but mescaline is also active at dopamine sites. Its effects are closer to LSD than psilocin, by most accounts.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: The difference between mescaline and psilocybin?? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #11768249 - 01/05/10 01:33 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Quote:

MCSteveyC said:

From a technical standpoint, Mescaline is a phenethylamine psychedelic and psilocin is a tryptamine psychedelic. Pharmacologically, they are both 5-HT2a receptor agonists, but mescaline is also active at dopamine sites. Its effects are closer to LSD than psilocin, by most accounts.

i wouldnt really compare it to LSD i find each one to be rather differnt then each other i think mushrooms feel more like cactus then LSD but not really cause they dont feel that similar at all.

cactus is kinda more like XTC with intense visuals.

cactus P@wns on lsd tho. and mushrooms

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
Re: The difference between mescaline and psilocybin?? [Re: thedudenj]
    #11768291 - 01/05/10 01:51 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i find mescaline soooo... weird. very different to other psychs. almost a sleepy dreamy kind of intoxication. so mellow & calm, yet kind of speedy and energetic at the same time. not frantic like lsd or mushrooms though. minimal mindfuck.

despite its phenethylamine structure, its a very very gentle drug. if i have to compare it to any other psych it would have to be lsd. but its still so different. try it and see.

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: The difference between mescaline and psilocybin?? [Re: Lucas89]
    #11768295 - 01/05/10 01:52 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Despite? Phens seem to be much more gentle psychedelics across the board.

--------------------

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Re: The difference between mescaline and psilocybin?? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #11768431 - 01/05/10 02:45 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i dont know either, ive just heard a lot of people be sort of fearful of phenethylamines. they seem to think that phen = speedy and dirty.

i know this to be a bad generalization, as most phens are fairly pleasant. the only "dirty" ones i can think of would be dox compounds.

so yes, mesc is a very clean phenethylamine, probably the cleanest there is.

--------------------

Edited by Lucas89 (01/05/10 02:48 AM)

OfflineMCSteveyC
lib lover
 User Gallery

#11768653 - 01/05/10 05:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ahhh right so there's minimal mind fuck thats good to hear.... so what would you recomend for a first dose of dried San Pedro (Trichocereus Pachanoi)??

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #11768725 - 01/05/10 05:42 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i don't feel like mescaline is similar to LSD or psilocybin. tbh it feels a lot more like a traditional phenethylamine high (go figure) like MDMA or 2c-b. This shouldn't be all that surprising though. It is very different from MDMA though still... esp in the visual department. It's really a thing unto itself and there is nothing else quite like it.

Pachanoi has the dreamy alkaloids in it. i have been on the verge of sleeping on a really good dose of pachanoi before and its a wierd feeling. tbh i don't know what dose dried to recommend since each cactus is so variable. it also depends on the source of your dried tissue....

--------------------

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

#11768728 - 01/05/10 05:43 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

dried? i have no idea, i have never eaten dried pedro. how much do you have? i think doses vary from 20g-100g depending on how hard you want to trip, and how strong the plant is.

if i were you, id make iso tar or extract pure mescaline.

--------------------

OfflineMCSteveyC
lib lover
 User Gallery

#11769152 - 01/05/10 09:12 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Lucas89 said:
dried? i have no idea, i have never eaten dried pedro. how much do you have? i think doses vary from 20g-100g depending on how hard you want to trip, and how strong the plant is.

if i were you, id make iso tar or extract pure mescaline.

Its alot of fuckin about that tho init! I just wanna get off my tits!

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#11769203 - 01/05/10 09:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Lucas89 said:
i dont know either, ive just heard a lot of people be sort of fearful of phenethylamines. they seem to think that phen = speedy and dirty.

i know this to be a bad generalization, as most phens are fairly pleasant. the only "dirty" ones i can think of would be dox compounds.

so yes, mesc is a very clean phenethylamine, probably the cleanest there is.

as far as that goes nah people can freak hard on mescaline. any who do a iso tar extract FTW

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
    #11769252 - 01/05/10 10:31 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Mescaline is, imo, the 'earthiest' of the common psychedelics. LSD makes me feel really connected with other people, mushrooms make me feel connected with the cosmos at large, and mescaline makes me feel connected with mother Earth.

I think, as with any other drug like this, your experience depends almost entirely on your level of awareness/consciousness.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: The difference between mescaline and psilocybin?? [Re: morrowasted]
    #11769371 - 01/05/10 11:01 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i really dont like LSD that much its shallow and filled with not the best vibes. where cactus and mushrooms have that earthly vibe and are about the planet and not fucked up ppl dealing drugs

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
    #11769418 - 01/05/10 11:13 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I would tend to agree with you, I haven't taken LSD in a long time, but I wouldn't turn it down if someone gave it to me.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: The difference between mescaline and psilocybin?? [Re: morrowasted]
    #11769486 - 01/05/10 11:29 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

YEAH i mainly only eat free acid which is 90% of the stuff i ate but that doesnt make it all prefect i gota say the best trips were the free ones

--------------------

OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

#11770588 - 01/05/10 03:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
i really dont like LSD that much its shallow and filled with not the best vibes. where cactus and mushrooms have that earthly vibe and are about the planet and not fucked up ppl dealing drugs

If I had an 'academic' source of LSD, an old Huxley-esque Scholar who I could trust, I'm sure I'd love the stuff... I'd be on it night and day, all week every week. But sadly they don't exist anymore, and if they do they keep their shit wayyyyy on the down-low. I'll be lucky if I ever meet such a 'dealer'.

My respect for psychedelics compels me to think twice 90% of the time I hear theres some about. I don't want the hassle, the paranoia, or the business.

--------------------
I M A B I R T H D A Y C A N D L E I N A C I R C L E O F B L A C K G I R LS

F A L L E N O F F T H E B A C K O F A G I A N T B I R D T H A T S B E E N C A R R Y I N G M E

F I N A L L Y I M F R E E F R O M A L L T H E W E I G H T I V E B E E N C A R R Y I N G

A T T H E B O T T O M O F A G I G A N T I C C R A T E R A N A R M C H A I R C A L L S T O Y O U

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: The difference between mescaline and psilocybin?? [Re: ILoveThomYorke]
    #11774252 - 01/05/10 11:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

LSD tho is very around and theres tons of great L thats clean but still it is what it is. the LSD community is different the mushroom community

--------------------

OfflineMCSteveyC
lib lover
 User Gallery

#11775145 - 01/06/10 07:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
LSD tho is very around and theres tons of great L thats clean but still it is what it is. the LSD community is different the mushroom community

WHERE??? I've been lookin for that stuff high and low now for about 3 years can't find it anywhere!!

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#11775401 - 01/06/10 09:07 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

then your not looking in the right place ill give you the hint of hippies and ravers and thats totally not the only places. but i warn you dont just try to infiltrate their communities just for that purpose, cause youll fail you maybe get acid but it wont feel right cause vibes. if any thing you can get it at a show if you jus wanna have it no strings attached

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag