Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
The Shroomery is a strange concept...
    #11762252 - 01/03/10 11:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think it's both peculiar and quite interesting that over the course of time, the Shroomery doesn't necessarily evolve, such as it's inhabitants often do.

It seems to remain a representation and a home for a certain collection of mindsets which ironically, will often contradict and perpetuate themselves and each other.

I'm kind of high, to be honest, but I'm gonna take a minute to try to illustrate what I mean by this.  See, just about everyone here at the Shroomery is searching for something.  They may be searching for answers.  They could be trying to rediscover themselves and/or reconfigure the reality they live in.  (Now, I'm not saying this applies to everyone.  I've seen the odd few that seem to have found what they were looking for, and don't need to trip anymore to be reminded of it.)

And I've seen both sides of this story, trust me...  But it seems like most of us here are merely chasing a ghost, hoping that the next trip will be the one that makes everything clear.  That maybe by diving headfirst into our own consciousness, we might find some lost secret that will give us an edge over everyone else.  Not to mention the elitism that comes from taking psychedelics and realizing how absolutely incredible we are as individuals.
    But one thing I've noticed from personal experience is... the way my life played out, whether I had taken interest in psychedelics or not, I think I'd have reached the same level of awareness simply by force of will.  It seems like every time that I trip and come to the point of ego death, an unseen, unheard voice says to me, "Hah.. Wow.  You fell for it again.  Learned your lesson yet?"
    It feels like both myself, and some greater force...  really don't want me taking psychedelics.  At least not for the reasons that I was.  A casual, social level 2-3 trip is always fine and easily handled but anything beyond sort of makes me feel like "Wow, idiot.  Way to take your brain all the way back to square one.  You weren't even doing half bad...  You really didn't need to use an A-bomb as a fly-swatter."

My mind is sort of wandering now so I'm gonna wrap this up before I end up off topic, then come back to it after some people have said some things.

Basically.. I'm not trying to superimpose my personal experience on everyone else, or pretend like ANY philosophy is one-size-fits-all.

In short, what I've noticed is...

I've changed so much...

But the Shroomery is exactly the same.

(I'll reply with a more thorough... ground-covering when my brain chemistry is a little more balanced.  Also, this is directly related to my psychedelic experiences with the resident plants/chemicals of this sub forum, so DON'T MOVE THE THREAD, PLEASE?)

Peace.  :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAircooled
Litre-A-Cola
 User Gallery

Loc: Chee...
Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: Innoculus]
    #11762305 - 01/03/10 11:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I wish I had a nickel for every hour I've spent on this forum.

That's right, I'd have a shitload of nickels.

--------------------
"Jack thought it twice and thought that that had made it true. Some brains just work that way, that's what chemicals can do."

BTS

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: Aircooled]
    #11762317 - 01/03/10 11:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Aircooled said:

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#11762370 - 01/03/10 11:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Aircooled said:

QFT

I've noticed this as well. But I find myself personally advancing every day.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: Lucas89]
    #11762384 - 01/03/10 11:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

um... Well said.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#11762396 - 01/03/10 11:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I sort of of veer back and forth from here.  Every now and then I come back and see the same old threads still going since 07, and all the new threads about the same old thing.  Every so often I feel well enough to part with some wisdom, hopefully preventing someone else from making the same mistakes I made.

But yeah, I'd probably have a sack of nickels for that too.

OfflineAircooled
Litre-A-Cola
 User Gallery

#11762418 - 01/03/10 11:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think the vibe of the shroomery has stayed the same, however the content changes daily. You will see week long, or month long cycles where one specific post grabs the Pub, Cult, or PE crews short and curlys

--------------------
"Jack thought it twice and thought that that had made it true. Some brains just work that way, that's what chemicals can do."

BTS

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#11762460 - 01/04/10 12:07 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well I guess what I'm wondering is...

How can the content possibly be innovative and new when we're discussing something as old as the ages.  Granted, there are research chemicals constantly being developed, as well as chemical/social experiment threads, which can be quite interesting, to say the least.

But how much material do we REALLY have to work with here?  Especially given the consistent influx of people who still need a proper learnin'. =P

OfflineAircooled
Litre-A-Cola
 User Gallery

#11762474 - 01/04/10 12:10 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Information wise, it's all pretty much recycled
Experience wise, something new all the time

--------------------

BTS

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#11762477 - 01/04/10 12:10 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

By the way, did Plasmid ever come back?  Under a new handle, or otherwise?

Despite how everyone thought he was a dick, I liked the guy.

Offlinepsilynut
aka Patchraper

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: Lucas89]
    #11762504 - 01/04/10 12:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think Ive ever tripped for any kind of spiritual reason or to find anything out about myself. Whenever I try to find a deeper meaning for life I just end up with more questions than answers. I take shrooms because I like the way they feel, for me laughing at everything and nothing for hours and hours and the feeling of euphoria I get is just one of the coolest things on earth. Small doses,medium,large their all good. Sometimes I scare myself a little, but I always look back and go wow that was cool too, made me feel alive. I don't get this from other psychedelics or any other drug,  just shrooms.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: psilynut]
    #11762622 - 01/04/10 12:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

... That's cool.  I mean.. to some it might seem a little bit shallow, but those are the people that are missing out on the fact that having FUN is one of the most healthy things you can do for yourself, in life.

Hell, some might wager that it could very well be the exclusive point to life itself.

I approve.  I've used them for both reasons, and they each have their merit.  But when it comes to that, people start developing a dependency on the psychedelic experience to pull them out of a funk, and things can get REAL ugly from there.

But I appreciate variety in the interpretation and use of these chemicals.  They're quite unique and certainly not one-dimensional, contrary to the sometimes rampant labeling of psychedelics as having any single most effective use.

Good vibes to you guuuys.
:psychsplit:

OfflineAircooled
Litre-A-Cola
 User Gallery

#11762630 - 01/04/10 12:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:awetrippie:

--------------------

BTS

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#11762663 - 01/04/10 01:01 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Aircooled said:

That's reality, for ya, though.  :awesome:

Anybody else come to the conclusion that we live in a fractal universe which is perfected down to the point where anything can be a metaphor for anything else because everything is connected and perfect as it is?

OfflineEyelessVagabond
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bellona
    #11762665 - 01/04/10 01:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

QFT I've lurked here for a while, only recently started posting, only site I post on actually.  Always find interesting stuff to read and interesting points.  Not to say psychedelics give wisdom, but most people who take 'em are at least searching.  Makes for interesting company.

--------------------
Do what you will, this world's a fiction
And is made up of contradiction
-William Blake

OfflineEyelessVagabond
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: EyelessVagabond]
    #11762673 - 01/04/10 01:04 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hate double posting: on your fractal point.  I think the fractals are your mind and the universe represents your mind as a set of interconnected ideas.  Hope that made sense. 

Anyways I see all the points being the same and the connections and strengths being what matter.  Like neural nets and the brain.

--------------------
-William Blake

OfflineAircooled
Litre-A-Cola
 User Gallery

#11762704 - 01/04/10 01:13 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Fractal Points?

Just a visualization of the unified field and the superposition of matter?

--------------------

BTS

Offlineseraphnz
Male User Gallery

Loc: vally of the real
    #11762714 - 01/04/10 01:17 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

EyelessVagabond said:
Makes for interesting company.

It does indeed, especially when that kind of company is lacking in your 'real life' circle.

To be honest I haven't come across something more realitive in the sense of experience and what I'm into and/or searching for in terms of psychedelics  :peace:

OfflineEyelessVagabond
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: seraphnz]
    #11762731 - 01/04/10 01:21 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think he means like mathamatical fractals, complex patterns that constantly repeat, real trippy videos and such.

--------------------
-William Blake

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11762777 - 01/04/10 01:37 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I agreeeeee man, with it all.

It's nice to see a thread acknowledge this, yes very nice indeed.

Good vibes to you too, to you all!

You seem in a good headspace.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Offlineletsburn
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: showme]
    #11762796 - 01/04/10 01:43 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've been a member of shroomery for a couple of months but reading through all of these post is amazing i'm learning new things every minute. I love the atmosphere and everyday when i get home from school first thing i do is log onto shroomery. I will keep posting on here till i become a very well known member.:smile: Great people on shroomery.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: letsburn]
    #11763007 - 01/04/10 03:19 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't mean mathematical fractals at all.  I mean a giant.. fucking.. fractal.  I don't even know how to explain that at the moment.

Wait... like... If a visual mathematical fractal were experienced during full blown synesthesia.  It's sight, sound, taste, smell, spirit, mind, concept, everything.

There's all kinds of patterns in nature and physics that can be "metaphorized", and applied to spiritual, mental, or emotional foundations.  But this seems to be merely a small facet in the path to realizing that we are all one.

I'm still really gone...

And I haven't slept in like a day.  So it may very well be that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I still enjoy the conversation. =P

And maybe I take back some things I said.  You guys aren't quite like the people that I'm accustomed to replying to the threads I make...

What I meant was, you get all sorts of people at certain points of their lives, all coming here to learn basically the same set of information, with room for free idea exchange as well, of course.

Seems like almost everyone who's interested in psychedelics has a path set for themselves, aware of it or not.

I suppose that's not restrained to those interested in psychs, though, either.

I'm gonna shut up now.  Maybe later I can figure out what I was trying to communicate here.

:peace:

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#11763017 - 01/04/10 03:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for bein receptive, at any rate.  I'm aware that I made a few blanket statements and sorta slipped in and out of knowing what the hell I was talkin about.  But...

I was wrong.

Shroomerites actually seem a little nicer these days. :shrug:

OfflineBlack_Sunset
Amateur Anesthesiologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere California
Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: letsburn]
    #11763022 - 01/04/10 03:28 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I love the Shroomery and I know everyone here does too. It's one of the best places for people like us to express, vent, learn and discover. In that respect it has never really changed. I can always come back to the Shroomery and get into the same head space I had when I read my first post.

I believe we're not just recycling ideas, but refining and perfecting them. We are greater than any relevant book, thought or idea, because we are all those things being mulled over by thousands of members that make the giant multi-brained organism that is the Shroomery. There's only potential to grow!

My life because of this place = :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisiblePrimal Glitch
literally just vibing
Male User Gallery

Loc: 🌎 Flag
    #11763076 - 01/04/10 03:53 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

"Wow, idiot.  Way to take your brain all the way back to square one.  You weren't even doing half bad...  You really didn't need to use an A-bomb as a fly-swatter."

:lolsy:
really

--------------------

make the changa you wish to see in the world
                                                                gnome sayin'?

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: Primal Glitch]
    #11763452 - 01/04/10 07:13 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Glad someone found that amusing.  I sure as hell don't when it happens.

Aw well.  Things are ooooookay.  :drool2:

OfflineNoBrainNoPain
Enthusiast noob

Loc: here
    #11769570 - 01/05/10 11:45 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Innoculus said:
But it seems like most of us here are merely chasing a ghost, hoping that the next trip will be the one that makes everything clear

Nice one :grin:

--------------------
I would love a woodlover's print… PM If you have one and want to trade

OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: NoBrainNoPain]
    #11769620 - 01/05/10 11:55 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The concept of concepts is a stranger one. Try and put it into words.

--------------------
I M A B I R T H D A Y C A N D L E I N A C I R C L E O F B L A C K G I R LS

F A L L E N O F F T H E B A C K O F A G I A N T B I R D T H A T S B E E N C A R R Y I N G M E

F I N A L L Y I M F R E E F R O M A L L T H E W E I G H T I V E B E E N C A R R Y I N G

A T T H E B O T T O M O F A G I G A N T I C C R A T E R A N A R M C H A I R C A L L S T O Y O U

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #11769884 - 01/05/10 01:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Whoa dude!

Your visualizations and interpertations of this social collective of psychedelic minds just transported my psyche to the 11th dimension :mushroom2:!~:psychsplit:!~:mushroom2:! We are all searching for something, and I believe I have found what I have been looking for my whole universally-insignifigant existance.

Your quote; "But the Shroomery is exactly the same."

I would say that we are all changing the Shroomery constantly, at least in the forums, journals, rating systems, all of which are digital social interactions we have here.

I feel that the Shroomery has changed me, therefore it is changing day-by-day. I feel its power in affecting my thoughts and calming my soul...

Shroomery: A Place of Self-Discover
~ LogicaL Chaos ~

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (01/05/10 01:02 PM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #11770036 - 01/05/10 01:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm, always a mistake to label reality and thereby place limits on what anyone can come to know.  Hope you do figure it out eventually, makes things so much easier.

Quote:

How can the content possibly be innovative and new when we're discussing something as old as the ages.

Because it's an experience, not a human-categorized "thing". 

Might as well say, "How could Zen insight possibly be innovative and new when it's as old as the ages" to which of course the answer is "it's an experience, not a thing."  If you've never had it then it's totally new for you.  If you have had it it's still totally new for you. :dancer: 

But this is all so basic and obvious I hesitate to say it. :wink:

Quote:

Anybody else come to the conclusion that we live in a fractal universe which is perfected down to the point where anything can be a metaphor for anything else because everything is connected and perfect as it is?

Never trust a tautology you can't refute. :lol: 

Have a good one on the age-old-yet-ever-new-journey!

Peace
-PS

Offline34120060
Eocene Epoch
Male

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #11770129 - 01/05/10 01:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i think i know what you mean when you say life is a fractal
Quote:

Innoculus said:
Quote:

Aircooled said:

i think i know what you mean when you say life is a fractal.

its incredibly hard to explain but ill try lol. like if you think of basic elements and they form molecules they form organic compounds. form organisms.

organisms reporduce and then its reporduction reporduces and its pretty much a never ending tree getting more and more complex and eventually the organism dies

and decomposes becoming basic elements again creating different forms of life and organisms which reporduce

idk if that made anysense to anyone as im pretty baked right now haha
:peace: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy"

- Carl Sagan

OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: 34120060]
    #11770403 - 01/05/10 02:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The shroomery is in constant flux, like all of us :stoned:

--------------------

F A L L E N O F F T H E B A C K O F A G I A N T B I R D T H A T S B E E N C A R R Y I N G M E

F I N A L L Y I M F R E E F R O M A L L T H E W E I G H T I V E B E E N C A R R Y I N G

A T T H E B O T T O M O F A G I G A N T I C C R A T E R A N A R M C H A I R C A L L S T O Y O U

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: ILoveThomYorke]
    #11770434 - 01/05/10 02:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Does that mean I can travel back in time, using the Shroomery as my vehicle?!

That's crazy.....I'll call the Doc to make that time-bending Capacitor...

Back to the Present
~ Lo9icaL Cha0s ~

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (01/05/10 10:10 PM)

OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #11770443 - 01/05/10 02:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The shroomery is like rizla. It doesn't get us high, but we couldn't get high without it.

--------------------

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
    #11770463 - 01/05/10 02:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: Salomon]
    #11770478 - 01/05/10 02:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The shroomery is the substrate from which all of our mushrooms emerge.

--------------------

Offlinekwame616
Slipstreamer
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: 34120060]
    #11772499 - 01/05/10 07:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

34120060 said:
i think i know what you mean when you say life is a fractal
Quote:

Innoculus said:
Quote:

Aircooled said:

i think i know what you mean when you say life is a fractal.

its incredibly hard to explain but ill try lol. like if you think of basic elements and they form molecules they form organic compounds. form organisms.

organisms reporduce and then its reporduction reporduces and its pretty much a never ending tree getting more and more complex and eventually the organism dies

and decomposes becoming basic elements again creating different forms of life and organisms which reporduce

idk if that made anysense to anyone as im pretty baked right now haha
:peace: :mushroom2:

i'd take this a step further and say that we live in a multidimensional reality of infinite scope composed of constantly fractaling consciousnesses. just a thought.

--------------------
"When a decision is made to cope with the symptoms of a problem, it is generally assumed that the corrective measures will solve the problem itself. They seldom do. Engineers cannot seem to get this through their heads. These countermeasures are all based on too narrow a definition of what is wrong. Human measures and countermeasures proceed from limited scientific truth and judgment. A true solution can never come about in this way."
-Masanobu Fukuoka

"The path of experience is nowhere settled."

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: kwame616]
    #11773684 - 01/05/10 10:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

"Hah.. Wow.  You fell for it again.  Learned your lesson yet?"

I love this quote

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: suburbanned]
    #11775363 - 01/06/10 08:50 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

suburbantoker said:

I love this quote

Dude.. I seriously feel like that every time.  Even the first time it was like "Hahahaha, you spent all that time searching to be reminded that we're all one thing and your puny idea of individualism is a sad little farce.  Enjoy."

I do not like forced ego death.  I prefer to do it while sober, so I can.... so to speak, undress myself at my leisure, instead of being stripped and raped in an instant.

I still like tripping though, don't get me wrong.  I guess I started this thread with some one sided arguments, but I'm probably in a bit better state of mind now.

Ah well.  I appreciate all the input.  I guess throwing out some blanket statements is  a good way to get poked in the right direction.  I'll keep that in mind.  :thumbup:

OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

#11775435 - 01/06/10 09:19 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Innoculus said:
Quote:

suburbantoker said:

I love this quote

Dude.. I seriously feel like that every time.  Even the first time it was like "Hahahaha, you spent all that time searching to be reminded that we're all one thing and your puny idea of individualism is a sad little farce.  Enjoy."

I do not like forced ego death.  I prefer to do it while sober, so I can.... so to speak, undress myself at my leisure, instead of being stripped and raped in an instant.

I still like tripping though, don't get me wrong.  I guess I started this thread with some one sided arguments, but I'm probably in a bit better state of mind now.

Ah well.  I appreciate all the input.  I guess throwing out some blanket statements is  a good way to get poked in the right direction.  I'll keep that in mind.  :thumbup:

I loled for rape.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: ILoveThomYorke]
    #11778186 - 01/06/10 05:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Rape is never funny, even when its the drug who's doin' the rapin'...

Its Never a Good Thing
~ LogicaL Chaos ~

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Offlinepmid85
Stranger

#11778764 - 01/06/10 06:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

my thoughts on the shroomery argument

I think the shroomery is a microcosm of life/philosophy/art etc

In life, most will say nothing is new, just a cleverly disguised/alterted rendition

The only anomaly i have found that exists outsides of this would be technology and spiritualism

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#11779213 - 01/06/10 07:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Innoculus said:
    And I've seen both sides of this story, trust me...  But it seems like most of us here are merely chasing a ghost, hoping that the next trip will be the one that makes everything clear.  That maybe by diving headfirst into our own consciousness, we might find some lost secret that will give us an edge over everyone else.

When you get the message, hang up the phone.
--Alan Watts

Although I do not fully agree with this quote, it does still have some useful wisdom.  I look at psychedelics as a helicopter that takes you to the top of the mountain and then back down as the trip winds to an end.  Once you know and have experienced the goal (whatever that may be; spiritual enlightenment/resolution of your psychological issues/ad infinitum) then the ideal next step would be to practice meditation and other techniques that do not require external substances to achieve this goal while sober; a long, arduous hike up the mountain compared to the easy helicopter ride but the benefit of the former is that you can stay there once you get there.  :awesome:

Of course this doesn't mean that you shouldn't ever do psychedelics again after you've gotten the message... sometimes it's fun taking the easy way up the mountain but the trap is in only taking the easy way.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinepmid85
Stranger

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: deCypher]
    #11780185 - 01/06/10 09:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

^ i like that analogy very true

Its the basic plot of Ram Dass book, Remember be here now.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery is a strange concept... [Re: deCypher]
    #11781420 - 01/07/10 02:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

Innoculus said:
    And I've seen both sides of this story, trust me...  But it seems like most of us here are merely chasing a ghost, hoping that the next trip will be the one that makes everything clear.  That maybe by diving headfirst into our own consciousness, we might find some lost secret that will give us an edge over everyone else.

When you get the message, hang up the phone.
--Alan Watts

Although I do not fully agree with this quote, it does still have some useful wisdom.  I look at psychedelics as a helicopter that takes you to the top of the mountain and then back down as the trip winds to an end.  Once you know and have experienced the goal (whatever that may be; spiritual enlightenment/resolution of your psychological issues/ad infinitum) then the ideal next step would be to practice meditation and other techniques that do not require external substances to achieve this goal while sober; a long, arduous hike up the mountain compared to the easy helicopter ride but the benefit of the former is that you can stay there once you get there.  :awesome:

Of course this doesn't mean that you shouldn't ever do psychedelics again after you've gotten the message... sometimes it's fun taking the easy way up the mountain but the trap is in only taking the easy way.

That's some nifty wisdom, friend.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom