Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineparanoid2
Loc: ill noise
Prozac and shrooms
    #1174746 - 12/28/02 05:21 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've read a few postings/articles on this, some with conflicting info, so I thought I'd just share my experiences, and see what others thought.

I take 20mg of Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) daily, and have so for about 12 years now for bipolar, manic depression.

Anyway, about four weeks ago I had my first experience with ingesting my homegrown P. Cubensis, Equador, shrooms.  They had been thorougly dried, and pulverized to a powder, which I nastily ingested mixed with OJ.  This being my first time, I did 2g's.

The affects were extremely subtle, and I was quite dissapointed.  Mild stoning is how I would describe it.  Definitely no noticeble visual or aural effects.

A few weeks later I decided to double the doseage, and took 4g's.  Essentially the same effect as the 2g, just slightly more intense, and again no visuals, etc.

I'm thinking about taking a much bigger step this time, and trying 12g's or so.  i'd like to get a good, intense experience, but i'm torn between going overboard and possibly giving up, conceeding that perhaps no matter how much I take, the effects will be close to nil.

:frown: 

--------------------
"My head feels like a frisbee."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Prozac and shrooms [Re: paranoid2]
    #1175087 - 12/28/02 09:15 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1175201 - 12/28/02 10:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

surely you mean grams not mgs right?

If you DO mean mgs...that's your problem right there(like phish said above)

Try and take 2 grams. That would be a good start

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Offlineparanoid2
Re: Prozac and shrooms [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1175287 - 12/28/02 11:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Damn, you guys must be fucked up!  I said grams, not mg's!

Just kidding, I obviously was the one that was fucked up.  I did mean grams, and so I've edited my original post.

Thanks. :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleMontezuma
Perennial pupil

Loc: Somewhere around the worl...
    #1175338 - 12/28/02 12:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

You should stop with your prozac for at least six weeks before try shrooms. But it could not be easy for you if you are taking it since 12 years. Damn! I'm sorry but my advice is: DON'T TAKE SHROOMS if you are using the prozac. If you have so serious problems you coluld have a very bad trip... think about and consult with your medical.

Byez

--------------------
MONTEZ

All what I've wrote can be true, false or unprecise. It is your choice to decide if believe me or not...

Offlineparanoid2
Re: Prozac and shrooms [Re: Montezuma]
    #1175353 - 12/28/02 12:36 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If I stopped taking the prozac for three days, much less six weeks, I'd be a fucking mess.  I know 'cause I've tried it, and it wasn't nice.

And that I've been taking for 12 years is no indication, I feel, that I have "serious problems."  It's just a chemical imbalance that the prozac keeps in check.  I know I would either be dead or in prison for murder if I hadn't started and kept taking in when I did.

And somehow I can't see myself going to my physician and saying, "Doc, I want to start ingesting illegal substances, and I need your medical advice about doing so.  Of course this is off the record, so don't worry 'bout me coming back with a malpractice suit or using you in my defense case when I'm arrested or something!"
:smirk:

--------------------

Edited by paranoid2 (12/28/02 12:39 PM)

InvisibleMontezuma
Perennial pupil

Loc: Somewhere around the worl...
    #1175466 - 12/28/02 01:56 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

If I stopped taking the prozac for three days, much less six weeks, I'd be a fucking mess. I know 'cause I've tried it, and it wasn't nice.

Yeah, I can figure out that man  :frown:

Quote:

And somehow I can't see myself going to my physician and saying, "Doc, I want to start ingesting illegal substances, and I need your medical advice about doing so. Of course this is off the record, so don't worry 'bout me coming back with a malpractice suit or using you in my defense case when I'm arrested or something!"

You are absolutely right  :smirk:. You should look for an open minded doctor and talk about your problem. I know, it's not easy but not impossible.
Good Luck  :ooo:

--------------------
MONTEZ

All what I've wrote can be true, false or unprecise. It is your choice to decide if believe me or not...

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #1175474 - 12/28/02 01:59 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I don't care what anyone says....medication like that makes things worse. Those things(like prozac) are bad stuff man. They may seem like they help, but in the long run. no way.

That's why I refuse medication. SO, I may live with a problem my whole life. I'll learn to deal with it.

I don't think there is much you can do. 12 years is a long time.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Offlineparanoid2
Re: Prozac and shrooms [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1175505 - 12/28/02 02:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

To each his own, my friend. :grin:

--------------------

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
    #1175685 - 12/28/02 03:25 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yes of course. Sorry, if I offended. Not intended

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #1176321 - 12/28/02 10:21 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Shrooms(psilocybin) and the brains serotonin are similare so prozac and shrooms might even be dangerous

and to skip the bullshit ,

PROZAC IS A HORRIBLE MEDICATION(and dont say a bunch of shit about me I took for 6 months, against my will .........somewhat)
Prozacspotlight.org

one really interesting thing to note is that there is not possible way to test the levels of serotonin in the brian , so when a doctor says somone has an imbalence its all geuss work

or should I say a "working hypothesis" thats what its called and anyone that knows what that means allready knows that what I am trying to say is

the people taking it are the "mice" testing the drugs "waters" to collect data for science

go ahead but read about these HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! chemicals

and try st.johns wort , exercise , meditation(with shrooms maybe) ,writing poems ,
correcting a poor diet( vitamin porblems can cause more than you may think)

--------------------

Offlineparanoid2
Re: Prozac and shrooms [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1176419 - 12/29/02 01:57 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Let's just nip this in the bud now... :mad:

...the point of my original post was not to incite a big debate on the use of Prozac or any other antidepressants for that matter.  I just wanted to know of other people's experience with Prozac and shrooms. :grin: 

--------------------

Offlineplekto
Stranger
Re: Prozac and shrooms [Re: Anonymous]
    #21667931 - 05/11/15 11:35 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

i was taking 200mgs of zoloft daily = to 80mgs or prozac. i did shrooms before and loved it. on the zoloft i did it and it seemed to makes the effects much weaker. friend of mind told me the exact same thing when he did ecstasy with an ssri. i still tripped but it was less intense. could be the shrooms were weaker but everyone else seemed real messed up. seemed like i also felt a little more paranoia but maybe that was from the weed. it was a good trip overall.

i also noticed the same thing with acid. i took a hit once and felt nothing. this was while on the 200mg zoloft daily. waited a week and took 3 hits. i was fucked up out of my mind. very pleasant.

ssris are actually a lot safer than people think but they are not for everyone. i find most doctors dont realize how small of a dose some people should start on. Psilocybeingzz has no idea what he is talking about. some people have a chemical imbalance and there is nothing wrong with taking certain pills under a doctors supervision. btw that saint johns wart is a lot worse for you than these pills. the suicide warning is kind of bullshit in a way. have to realize a lot of people get put on these meds cause they are fucked in the head to begin with. they probably would have committed suicide anyway. i never have been suicidal before, while being on, or going off of prozac, paxil(cold turkey), and zoloft. some work better for different people. zoloft works best for me. even people around me tell me im better when im on it.

remember though, if you choose to shroom while on any other drug you are doing so at your own risk. really though, you dont hear about people ending up in the hospital from doing mushrooms with other drugs. best thing to do is have some xanax handy. if you dont take it regularly it doesnt take much to knock you out for the night. xanax is also safe to take with ssris because benzos act on different receptors. xanax is also safe to take with shrooms or acid because they give it to ppl at ERs that come in when they have a bad trip and cant handle it. only bad trip i ever had was salvia and dxm. fuck that shit.

OfflineTrippieHunter
Swagger of a cripple

Loc: Your mums house!
Re: Prozac and shrooms [Re: plekto]
    #21667958 - 05/11/15 11:41 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome to the forums, next time look at the date of the thread. You replied to a thread that is over a decade old.

--------------------
Just remember keep the camera rolling and
FILM THE POLICE!!! CLICK ME

WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON? CLICK ME TOO!

Let it go and you will trip into wonderland!

OfflineDeadZeppelin92
Stranger

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Prozac and shrooms [Re: TrippieHunter]
    #21667973 - 05/11/15 11:46 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Haha I was about to reply too, damn that's a necro bump if I ever did see one 12 and a half years lol.

--------------------
I can't help you with your troubles, if you won't help with mine!

Edited by DeadZeppelin92 (05/11/15 11:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder