Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineT0aD
Stranger

MIND EXPANDING
    #1174376 - 12/27/02 08:25 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hello. This is interesting topic and I havent seen any discussions about mind expanding so Ill start one :laugh:
I want to know how you people explore your minds( +techniques? ),  and what have you 'learned' from psychedelics .
I havent noticed one prominent ( expanding ) Thats what I earned :laugh:
Im sure sensy ganja and shrooms made me love more nature, sun, earth, plants and all those splendid natural mystic things :laugh:
I knew some lessons from them too. That make my life happier :laugh:
Peace and love        

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: MIND EXPANDING [Re: T0aD]
    #1174560 - 12/28/02 01:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Herb has really made my life better, not that I remember much of it without pot :grin:but I dont do alot of stupid shit and Im not violent. Natural "drugs", I hate to call things that come straight from the Earth a drug, have made me respect and love nature more. Nothing as beautiful as budded out cannabis, cubensis breaking its veil, or poppy head with milk flowing.

--------------------

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1174620 - 12/28/02 03:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

drugs showed me i am not my ego, and that the concept of ego is just an illusion. I didnt start calling it ego until I did more looking into psychedelics. I understand now, because of drugs, that just because I believe something, doesnt make it true. And science can be very wrong. Ecstasy kinda delayed me from killing myself until I found shrooms, which showed me living is good. And I dont need to keep taking them to be happy. Not that I dont take them. But it isnt to be happy.
And I definitely have a newfound respect for trees, animals, and the earth. One day, I was on a mild trip, and my friend whacked a tree. He was about to hit it again, but I started flailing at him, lol. WTF is his problem, hurting that poor innocent tree. A fucking person, I understand... People deserve it. But a tree? Comeon man!

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1175145 - 12/28/02 09:57 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Weed taught me to question authority.

Ecstacy taught me to love myself and others.

Acid taught me that no one really knows anything.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1175302 - 12/28/02 11:49 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Weed, acid and shrooms all made me realise just how much of an impact music can have on your life. I used to love music, now I love it with such a passion. It greatly annoys me when other people tell me my music is shit, because it doesn't matter; it's what _I_ get out of the music that is important. It's narrowminded to assume that everyone's taste should suit your own.
I also have a greater appreciation for nature. Now I see how sad it is that the area around here is losing more and more open, bush areas, just so more people can build a house and continue breeding and contributing to over population. They won't realise just how important and great it was to have miles of bush and open areas when it's all gone.
I also have a better outlook on life in general. I used to absolutely despise being alive and people. But I realised life CAN be good at times, and that you personally have to make it that way. And there are a few good people out there. And I also try and do the best with what I've got. I'm not like anyone else, and though at times I do wish I had certain attributes of another person, but then I make myself stop and realise that then I wouldn't be the person I am. So fuck that, I'm glad to be me :smile:
So much for drug fiends being nasty, selfish, horrible and maniacal assholes. It's generally not the drugs itself that create horrible people, but the person itself and addiction that do. 

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1175347 - 12/28/02 12:28 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Drugs have helped my teach myself that I'm not more important than anybody else and that nothing means anything until somebody gives it meaning.

Edit (addition): Oh and Sheepish.... excellent observation - Sound is so much more useful and amazing than I had ever thought.. I've realized while listening to music on psychedelics something like "its not only what you say, its how you say it"

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
:|

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (12/28/02 12:58 PM)

InvisiblePenroc3
hypno toad
 User Gallery

Re: MIND EXPANDING [Re: Strumpling]
    #1178074 - 12/29/02 05:53 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Weed-has brouhgt me clear vision in life(the way people are and how they act)
Ecstacy-showed me many deep parts of my feelings that i never wanted to touch but then finaly one night i talked with some really close friends and a real consler and now feel like a million pounds have been lifte of my back
Mushrooms-the natural flowing energy that every thing around us has and how we can always change the path of out lifes

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
    #1178242 - 12/29/02 07:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Drugs killed me ego.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlineuser_exists
Stranger
Re: MIND EXPANDING [Re: Cherk]
    #1179120 - 12/30/02 06:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

And there going to kill you too!

I like doing drugs to observe, to trip, feel good and get wasted it all depends on what drug and my state of mind.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: MIND EXPANDING [Re: user_exists]
    #1179146 - 12/30/02 06:41 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"And there going to kill you too!"

what kinda bullshit are you talking here dude?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #1179671 - 12/30/02 09:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

One good technique to use is to learn how to meditate and properly breath. Then when your coming down, try to use that to calm your mind and get it as clear as you can. Or just lay back and get as relaxed as you can and let answers and ideas sort of "flow" in and out of your mind. It can be hard to remember some of the real jewels a trip can give your mind. It takes a delicate balance of relaxing and writing shit down for me lol. Whatever you do, don't squander the come down by watching a movie, or staring at a trippy winamp program etc etc if you want some "exspansion" to occur. The come down is the best part where all the really good shit happens imo.

Personally i've seen a few things. Mostly stuff like my good qualities and my bad qualities layed out before me to observe...it's been very helpful and somtimes hurtful. I've learned alot about relationships between people and it's given me some insight about how and why people react to each other and what drives them. I've seen how beautiful the world can be, and got to see what total peace and happiness feels like for a while. Tripping has also given me some of the best motivation i've ever gotten in my life, it's made me change the way i think about some things completly and i saw the changes i needed to make in my life and did most of it...The thing about tripping is that all it does with me is makes me think in a different way than if i was sober, and it forces you to look at things in a different way, process the info differently and analyze differently...One cool little thought i had on my last trip was that if a tiny little mushroom can completly change the way i think, see, and feel, then It's very probable that i alone could have a huge impact on something much larger than me, such as my country, the world etc etc. It's a little cheesy, but it's a nice thought, and it makes sense.

I've never had some near religious experiance on shrooms or anything. I've never been tripping so hard that i had total consious ego loss and later proclaimed "we are all one" (although i have felt a strong unity and connectedness plenty of times) And as for nature...I didnt have to trip to know that nature is a huge important part of our world that should be cherished and protected. Thats seems like common sense.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Offlinewiser
Loc: countryside
Re: MIND EXPANDING [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #1179721 - 12/30/02 10:17 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Its funny that you mention that thought trip you had about one single mushroom changing the way you think etc, cause I had a similar thought trip-I was thinking about wars and then I thought about Adolf hitler and how he alone managed to brainwash the germans. The fact that one person can alter many, many peoples norms and values, and the way they think about life is soo true. You just have to work a way and do it.
Its chaos theory....

lataz

--------------------
I like to SHIMMY to my locations....

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: MIND EXPANDING [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #1179727 - 12/30/02 10:20 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Jonnyonthespot you take 4 shroom from me! i really liked everything you wrote and i totally agree with you!
keep shroomin' man, let's make this world better!

Offlinegmand38
Stranger
Re: MIND EXPANDING [Re: Hamurabi]
    #4447249 - 07/24/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The strangest thing happened to me when I lasted tripped on LSD, I got caught in a horribly twisted circle of thought. Id liek to know if anyone else has experienced this before. As I was coming down it suddenly occured to me that I should stop using psychedelics to seek "mind expansion" or to help me realize changes that need to be made in my life, because Im a smart person, and if I thought I couldnt make every single one of lifes most important decisions without the use of a drug, then I was basically saying to myself that I was somehow horribly inadequate in my unaltered state. I realized that to me there is something profoundly wrong in my life if my true self(sober self) isnt the absolute best decision maker there is, because that means im relying on a drug.

Then it HIT ME, I only came to this realization while on acid. Boy did that fuck with my head.

Edited by gmand38 (07/24/05 03:44 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies