Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Cancer
    #1174740 - 12/28/02 07:14 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

A thought that popped into my mind, that I thought others might enjoy:
Cancer is a result of the spirit lashing out at our physical bodies for being controlled by, and feeding the ego. A Carcinogen is food for the ego. Many people I have read about or met that have/had cancer, often start seeing how to live a more balanced life and learn how to nurture the soul. Smoking (and all addictions for that matter) are a way of feeding the ego. The ego keep saying give me more, and addicts keep doing it, until it smacks them in the face. Just a litte food for thought. :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Cancer [Re: Remy]
    #1174876 - 12/28/02 08:37 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Think about how your assumptions might affect others. I'm not saying you are wrong but there are other ways of contracting cancer. Mine was brought about by a birth defect.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1174926 - 12/28/02 08:55 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Cancer is the result of random cell mutations. While some addictive substances may also be carcinogenic, this is nothing more than a coincidence.

Occasionally, a cell mutates so that is reproduces faster than it should, this can end up as a tumour, and can spread throughout the body.

Cancer is a great way to keep a species under control.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #1174931 - 12/28/02 08:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

maybe your assumption applys to some cancer cases,
but seeing as cancer runs in genetics and also has
a way of seemingly attacking victoms at random..
all the same, thats a good and creative thought :smile:

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Anonymous

Re: Cancer [Re: Phluck]
    #1174943 - 12/28/02 09:05 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Phluck. Since your father is an oncologist you probably have some good reasons for your opinion.

I disagree with your last line though. It sounds an awful lot like eugenics.

Offlinedjamor
Stranger

Loc: rocky mountains
    #1175366 - 12/28/02 02:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

'Cancer is a great way to keep a species under control. '
I have to disagree with that one. I assume you mean population control, correct?
It's a shitty way! Voluntary birth control is a great way, cancer sucks! Cancer kills slowly, causing huge amounts of suffering. It costs a lot; socially, financially, and spiritually.

I'm sorry to hear of your cancer, Mr. Mushrooms, sincerely.

My father has lung/liver cancer from a lifetime of smoking. He's responding to chemo and has really changed since the diagnoses. He stopped smoking and I think he truely realizes how hard it's been for the rest of the family to watch him smoke a carton a week for all these years. We had a tough christmas. I could see in his eyes that he knows this may have been his last.

Anyway, I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone, even my enemies.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Re: Cancer [Re: ]
    #1175394 - 12/28/02 03:07 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Think about how your assumptions might affect others. I'm not saying you are wrong but there are other ways of contracting cancer. Mine was brought about by a birth defect.

I did think about how my thoughts (not assumptions) would effect others. Notice I added in "Just a little food for thought" at the end. Im terribly sorry if I offended you in anyway, I just wanted to share what was going through my mind. I understand that there is no single reason for anything.

Anonymous

#1175469 - 12/28/02 03:57 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Oh Remy, you didn't offend me in any way.  I think you are great. :smile:  I was just asking to do consider how what you post might affect others.  Many people have lost loved ones through cancer and even if it were their fault some people might be hurt by such remarks.

Cheers

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Cancer [Re: djamor]
    #1175571 - 12/28/02 04:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Cancer kills slowly, causing huge amounts of suffering. It costs a lot; socially, financially, and spiritually.

That's why cancer treatment is a multi-billion dollar industry. The incredible amounts of money moving from treatment, drugs, and even down through commercials in the media is too much to give up and find a real one-time deal cure.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1175616 - 12/28/02 04:51 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know how people get cancer, but my dad died from it. I am confident a cure will be comming before long with the amazing medical advances in science.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Cancer [Re: djamor]
    #1175876 - 12/28/02 07:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

It's a shitty way! Voluntary birth control is a great way, cancer sucks! Cancer kills slowly, causing huge amounts of suffering. It costs a lot; socially, financially, and spiritually.

Cancer accounts for a huge percentage of all deaths of all kinds of life forms on earth. If you found a cure for all cancer, you'd suddenly have insane amounts of people living to be extremely old. There would be massive overpopulation.

It's a shitty way to go, but it's as old as life itself, and is an integral part of it.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1175902 - 12/28/02 07:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with you, Phluck.  I also have a radical theory that our government actually supports cancer as a form of population control.  They support the tobacco industry, and the meat and dairy industries; all of which are leading causes of cancer in the U.S.

China has actually set a limit on the number of children its citizens can have.  The U.S. could never do that because we are "the land of the free" (yeah right!).  There would be massive revolt.  And so they do it in their own, sneaky, governmental way.  They control the population by supporting cancer.

That's just a radical theory I came up with...  I probably need to stop smoking so many drugs.  Wait... Maybe the government wants me to stop smoking drugs because the drugs make me see the truth... Hmmmmm.....

/me hits the pipe again

:wink:

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Cancer [Re: ]
    #1176058 - 12/28/02 09:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

im going to agree with Remy on the part that by consuming over ones balanced level cancer may arise. but i also wonder if it has to do with the cross of DNA over time. Different families different gene pools, if anyone one of those people mixing with the other person it might cause a gap in the DNA code causing an offset for a certain protein which causes cancer. i think its just an effect from mixing genes. some pairs are better than others and sometimes flukes happen, maybe someone was exposed to certain chemicals that messed up the fathers reproductive DNA and so when the new dna was crossed a tiny little flaw would be birthed inside that body. my grandfather died from bone cancer. i dont know though thats just what ive put together from my understanding of genetics and cancer. maybe with the knowledge on how to control the flow and viability of dna we can ensure the prevention of cancer. i think its all a balance in either case. i think its important to remember that we arent the most genetically/mentally advanced race there is or could be.

--------------------
What?

Invisiblei am e goldstein
Your Friend

Loc: 4 Blocks from Ground Zero
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Phluck]
    #1176314 - 12/29/02 12:05 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.
3DSHROOMS is either clueless or the worlds biggest SCUMBAG
I lie and exagerate constantly... God Bless America!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1176410 - 12/29/02 03:34 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Cancer is a great way to keep a species under control.

Not really, cancer is usually responsible for around 10-50 deaths per 100,000 in the population. Take away the largest group - smoking related lung cancers - and the effect on population levels would barely be noticeable.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Re: Cancer [Re: i am e goldstein]
    #1178050 - 12/29/02 07:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I think the only true cure for cancer is through oneself. My Great Grandfather was diagnosed with an "incurable", rare, and "deadly" case of cancer at age 60. He said fuck you to the doctor, walked out, and spent every day of his life eating healthily, walking/excerising everyday, and working towards internal balance in his life. He lived until age 95.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1178068 - 12/29/02 07:51 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

WARNING: What follows is an opinion.

The cure for cancer is neutral thinking.
Cancer is caused by the collection of illogical thought processes. When we make a thought, we usually attach a positive or negative charge to that thought. We then send that thought out into the universe..but what goes up, must come down.. and that thought returns to us but once it reaches the arch, and zero point, it reverses polarities and comes back opposite of how it left. Our thoughts effect our body, down to every last cell.. and a build up of negative thinking can damage cells... a huge build up.. or critical mass.. would result in some form of disease or cancer.

When you think neutrally, and send the thought out... it reaches its arch and comes back exactly opposite of how it left... neutral... balanced.

Edited by Shroomism (12/29/02 07:57 PM)

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Cancer [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1178078 - 12/29/02 07:54 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry about your lost loved ones everyone. My grandfather died from bone cancer as well.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Cancer [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1179042 - 12/30/02 07:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well, actually i think cancer is a result of how our society works, society is worried about you working and producing the more you can but silently feeds you with products to kill you slowly, we are many and growing, so there's no space for all, simple.
The "goodies" of our society, coffee to wake you up and make you work faster, it creates stress, you have nicotin to solve the problem, alcool to amuse you on the weekends and delicious food with abusive amounts of colesterol.
How many cancers do you get from the sentence above ?
We are like a car with a nitro booster in a race, led by the need to win the race, we keep pressing the nitro button untill it exaustes, by that time our engine will be afected due to continous and abusive power requests and possibly fails .... the crowd aplaudes and buy tickets for the next race.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1181731 - 12/31/02 12:09 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

My Melanoma developed out of a red-ringed brown mole that a doctor said I should keep my eye on, but forgot about. 10 years later, it bled spontaneously, bringing it back to my awareness. That mole may have developed from bad sunburns received when I was 9 and 10 on trips to Miami Beach.

However, when the mole bled, I had been 'eating myself up inside' with great anger and even hatred toward my ex-wife from whom I had just divorced. As Louise Haye and others have maintained, there may well be emotional triggers to disease processes. At any rate, I realized that in addition to a s**tload of supplements, and surgery, I needed a very quick attitude adjustment for the sake of my immune system.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology