Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male

uncased monotub sub w/ couple early fruits... pinning strategy?
    #8597189 - 07/05/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

project:
wbs->coir/coffee/gypsum monotub.  i spawned this sucker tuesday night (4:1 sub:spawn), and it was fully colonized by friday morning.  so yea, very aggressive growth.

i can't see the sides or bottom of the sub, so i was going to give it a few days to ensure complete colonization.  however, this morning i looked through the lid, and there is one fruit coming up in there (about 2 inches long) and a couple of pins i could see with just a quick look.

i was going to case this with 50/50+, but i'm having trouble finding the ingredients and the store to get hydrated lime is only open weekdays, so i might just do it uncased as RR suggested I do.

I know to put wax paper on the sub to help induce a good pinset, but i'm wondering what i should do with the fruits and pins that are in there now?  should i pick those, or leave them go?

thanks for the advice folks!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male

Re: uncased monotub sub w/ couple early fruits... pinning strategy? [Re: nonlinear]
    #8599034 - 07/05/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

c'mon motherfucckres!

--------------------

Invisiblemb13
Stranger
Re: uncased monotub sub w/ couple early fruits... pinning strategy? [Re: nonlinear]
    #8599071 - 07/05/08 10:52 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

just get a small bag of miracle grow moisture control, late case the tub with mgmc right out of the bag. the only true downside is mgmc is that its a little more stubborn to clean off the mushrooms than 5050 but it'll provide what you need to maximize your pinset and thats all that matters.

Invisiblebillyboy36
Stranger
Loc: Canada
    #8599077 - 07/05/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

any pin is a good pin.  Unless you're trying to win some kind of "even pin set" award, let the substrate do it's thing.  Just pick 'em when they get mature and wait for the rest to catch up before you dunk or what have you and go for the second flush.  That's what I would do anyhow.

Offlinejohnny.fairplay
StrangerThanFishin
 User Gallery

Re: uncased monotub sub w/ couple early fruits... pinning strategy? [Re: billyboy36]
    #8599111 - 07/05/08 11:04 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I believe RR has stated on this, and beyond what he has said I'd have pins that stayed pins for much longer than it took quite a few other pins which formed later to grow fully that after those pins were done started growing.

So I would say leave them and see what they do.

--------------------
My trade thread

Offlinejazzillion
Conscious
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: uncased monotub sub w/ couple early fruits... pinning strategy? [Re: mb13]
    #8599244 - 07/05/08 11:57 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mb13 said:
just get a small bag of miracle grow moisture control, late case the tub with mgmc right out of the bag. the only true downside is mgmc is that its a little more stubborn to clean off the mushrooms than 5050 but it'll provide what you need to maximize your pinset and thats all that matters.

Bad advice.  Don't use MGMC.  It's fucking garbage, and is a trich invitation.  Don't use jiffy mix either.  Fruit as is without a casing, and make sure it appears to be moist in there and there is proper gas exchange and fae.  Without a casing, the verdict is larger but fewer fruits.  At this point, don't bother with wax paper and leave those fruits alone.  Case your second flush if you desire, but let this one run its course :imo:

--------------------
When it rains, it spores :shroompick:

"Consciousness is the Universe recognizing itself." Once we perceive that everything is conscious we can then ask, "How does consciousness take all these varied forms?" - The Primacy of Consciousness by Peter Russell

All works of poster are of absolute fiction to be used for no other purpose but amusement.

Edited by jazzillion (07/05/08 11:59 PM)

Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male

#8600241 - 07/06/08 10:02 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

hey, thanks guys! 

yea, i looked into MGMC, but decided against it because it contains wood which is a major invite for trich.  it's not carried in any of the stores around here, anyhow.

just looked back at my tubs, it's actually only one tub that i'm concerned about, but i took a closer look and only saw a couple of pins and that one fruit that's a few inches long.  it doesn't look like it got any bigger, though.

so i think what i'll do is wait another day and then pull the bags off these guys, thrown on some wax paper, and fruit these suckers!

--------------------

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

#8600431 - 07/06/08 11:15 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yeah.. you can fruit without a casing, no prob.. just keep your RH up a little higher than you would with a casing, because you dont have the casing to provide that microclimate.. consider it a big ass cake.. kinda.. lol

Offlinepsg1
viewer
 User Gallery

Re: uncased monotub sub w/ couple early fruits... pinning strategy? [Re: DJYoshaBYD]
    #8600528 - 07/06/08 11:54 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

non: you can just add some hydrated lime to combat the trich issue if you like...

--------------------

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

Re: uncased monotub sub w/ couple early fruits... pinning strategy? [Re: psg1]
    #8600537 - 07/06/08 11:58 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

that can help, but really, it should have been added when preparing the substrate, to alter the ph of the substrate... if its fully colonized, there shouldnt be an issue with trich, as long as you keep your work area and yourself clean when working..

Edited by DJYoshaBYD (07/06/08 12:00 PM)

Offlinenonlinear
armour plated farmer
Male

Re: uncased monotub sub w/ couple early fruits... pinning strategy? [Re: psg1]
    #8600541 - 07/06/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yea, having a bitch of a time finding that too.  I've looked at garden and big box stores all over the city, and they only carry dolomitic.  i've found one specialty garden store that carries it, but they have limited hours so i have to leave work to go pick it up.

if i could get hydrated lime, i would just do a 50/50+ casing.

but then RR told me to just screw the casing, so i was gonna do that i guess.

argh...

--------------------

Offlinegrrr31
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: uncased monotub sub w/ couple early fruits... pinning strategy? [Re: jazzillion]
    #11740495 - 12/29/09 11:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

"Without a casing, the verdict is larger but fewer fruits."

I have always understood that small shrooms are more potent than large.  If more smaller fruits result from casing, doesn't that mean that by  the same volume, you have more potentcy if you case than if you do not case?

Invisiblemister
Nature nut
 User Gallery

Re: uncased monotub sub w/ couple early fruits... pinning strategy? [Re: grrr31]
    #11740664 - 12/30/09 12:05 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Just leave it alone and leave the casing off. Cubes do not need to be cased. I have not cased since my second grow and have had results like the ones in my sig. I run the same subs as you do except I put verm in mine as well. If the pin matures early, use a pair of scissors and cut it off, do not pull it. You will damage pins, knots around it and they will abort. Also they will pin fine without wax paper, never used that either. The key to my strategy is.... set it and forget it till harvest.

--------------------

:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:AMU Q & A thread:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

Invisiblemister
Nature nut
 User Gallery

Re: uncased monotub sub w/ couple early fruits... pinning strategy? [Re: grrr31]
    #11740673 - 12/30/09 12:06 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

grrr31 said:
"Without a casing, the verdict is larger but fewer fruits."

I have always understood that small shrooms are more potent than large.  If more smaller fruits result from casing, doesn't that mean that by  the same volume, you have more potentcy if you case than if you do not case?

This is a fallacy my friend. Potency is genetic, unless it is PE.

--------------------

:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:AMU Q & A thread:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix